Smuggling Sooo, Smuggling?

S

svenrichter

I feel like my space methlab and you guys should get acquainted.

I also have a Phoenix that could be used for transporting my space glass.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
I feel like my space methlab and you guys should get acquainted.

I also have a Phoenix that could be used for transporting my space glass.
I want to be the Skinny Pete to your Heisenberg. I think the space meth buisness would be great to smuggle for, both the cooked space meth as well as space sudo and/or space methylamine.

Reactions: Tooterfish

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Best smugglers will naturally be Banu MM, hands down.
Next in line Phoenix, 890 Jump and Andromeda.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Best smugglers will naturally be Banu MM, hands down.
Next in line Phoenix, 890 Jump and Andromeda.
What makes the andromeda a good smuggler? I know the pheonix has the smuggling cubby, but the andromeda didn't have one, did it?

I'm thinking that you will be able to get sensor-proof shielding for regular haulers, and they will probably make more sense cargo space to price wise than an 890J or phoenix.

S

svenrichter

I want to be the Skinny Pete to your Heisenberg. I think the space meth buisness would be great to smuggle for, both the cooked space meth as well as space sudo and/or space methylamine.
That is good to hear. I will probably be not quite as friendly as Heisenberg, though.

Reactions: Tooterfish

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The best thing you can do is to mislabel your shipment as 'farm machinery' to get it past customs.

"What do you mean farm machinery? I see the warheads right there in plain sight!"

"Sir I know it looks like these are warheads en route to a hostile warzone where i can make a huge profit but they are really for clearing land so we can plant wheat and corn"

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I'll probably dabble in some smuggling, but only within the corp most likely. I wonder if the Tali will be able to smuggle. Small cargo bay, but tons of teeth.

Reactions: DcTrojan72

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
because of the weapons load-out, even stock its not the kind of ship you want to run into in the darkest of space...

I wonder, take the engine setup from the Freelancer MAX and the missile systems from the MIS and slap them on the DUR....now that would be a good smuggler ship.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
I don't really regret not getting a MIS to be honest. Cargo = money. Why sacrifice cargo for missiles when you can outrun them in a MAX?

If you look at the stats of the whale- I mean merchantman, they're basically the same in terms of armament with the MAX with possibly more with the two T4 turrets on it's hull. MAX is much smaller, while the Whale can haul more. They have the same power plant and the MM has a 7 shield, which means power might be an issue with it's guns firing along with the engines. Again I'll just push in the fact that the MAX has 4xT5 engines, when compared to the MM 2xT5 + 1xT6, for a much smaller ship.

In my opinion, the MM is just not going to be able to cut it in terms of actually being a smuggler or blockade runner with it's large body and the wings (good luck getting that through an asteroid field). It's more of a deluxe armed cargo hauler then a smuggler ship in my eyes.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Banu are mostly trader overlords and smuggle anything and everything to anyone.
They are not even above slavery.

They would trade their grandmothers ashes if they could get paid.

Their sense of morality is non existent.
They are not evil or bad, they simply only care only about proffit, like Ferengi in Star Trek.

So the Merchantman is a perfect smuggler platform as it is resistant to scans (read that somewhere or some dev said that like 2013).
Their ships are perfected trading and smuggling platforms.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
Gunna smuggle in a hull-E and have the billboards read "NOT ILLICIT GOODS"

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I was just thinking, i wonder if a great smuggling ship would be the retaliator with the cargo bay. It wont have a massive capacity, but* it'll be (comparitavely) fast, manouverable and very* well armed.

A lancer or cutlass have one manned turret, the tali has 5.

I now want this...

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I was just thinking, i wonder if a great smuggling ship would be the retaliator with the cargo bay. It wont have a massive capacity, but* it'll be (comparitavely) fast, manouverable and very* well armed.

A lancer or cutlass have one manned turret, the tali has 5.

I now want this...
At that price range Connie would be the best smuggler.
Retaliator will not be fast or maneuverable, CIG will not let it be.
Bombers are slow and thus they need to be dotted by turrets for close fighter defense.

CIG will make it play its part in the SC PU universe.
And yeah, they will say anything untill PU just to keep the forums somewhat peacefull and avoid "end of the tali world" threads.

Forgot your password?