Just thought of a possible solution, but it risks dividing things up. :p

TL;DR = Supply chains and logistics.

Wagonborn = Freelance haulers

Czechmate

Admiral
Feb 16, 2015
RSI Handle
Czechmate8
I think we're mature enough to merge into the Wagonborn. But, now that I think about it. Isn't wagonborn a slang term for gypsies?

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I think we're mature enough to merge into the Wagonborn. But, now that I think about it. Isn't wagonborn a slang term for gypsies?
Could be, but a cursory google search doesn't bring up any hits in that context. But then again, Google isn't reliable when it comes to obscure terms like that.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Try bing! :D:p
Still nothing, it just brings Skyrim referenced stuff, plus an Enjin guild site.

To reiterate, I am quite honestly tired of Skyrim related jokes and puns - the game released four years ago, guys. I've had enough of Skyrim. I offered a compromise, to have some kind of hauler with the word "Wagonborn" on some kind of banner inside the yellow circle, but everybody's being stubborn.

To me, it just seems like a very dumb pun/joke that doesn't feel like it belongs in the context of Star Citizen.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
,!,,-_- FUS RO HAUL!!!
TL;DR.

Either way, it's obvious I'm not backing down. The names need to feel like it belongs in a Star Citizen setting. Wagonborn just sounds like you guys found some obscure Skyrim meme and took it as your own.

Last edited:

Czechmate

Admiral
Feb 16, 2015
RSI Handle
Czechmate8
TL;DR makes us sound like that annoying asshole in the forums that pops up when some one types something long.
We could go with something classic like "Strategic Hauling and Interstellar Transportation".
Or "Distributed Universal Logistics and Consumer Operations." D.U.L.C.O We move shit.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
TL;DR makes us sound like that annoying asshole in the forums that pops up when some one types something long.
We could go with something classic like "Strategic Hauling and Interstellar Transportation".
Or "Distributed Universal Logistics and Consumer Operations." D.U.L.C.O We move shit.
Someone suggested S.H.I.T. earlier in the RSI chat channel. Thing is, TL&DR is more like a subtle set-up to a joke. Try imagining it this way:

Newbie: "Hey, where can I get my ammo?"
TESTie: "TL&DR."
Newbie: "What?"
TESTie: "Go down the hall to the left and you should find the warehouse."
Newbie: *minutes later, finds TEST Logistics & Division Resupply sign on door* "...Oh."

So instead of it being an annoying asshole response, it turns out to be a subtle joke. I think we should just call the abbreviation "TL&DR", to make the distinction between it and "TL;DR".

Czechmate

Admiral
Feb 16, 2015
RSI Handle
Czechmate8
It's too subtle. I don't laugh a little when I hear it. If I walked up to someone and they said TL&DR I'd get confused an a little annoyed and find some one else who wants to help me instead. Now, DULCO has a bit more to it. At first glance you don't get it but when you hear the slogan you giggle a bit.

Newbie: "Hey, where do i get resupplied?"
Testie: "Head to the DULCO office."
Newbie: "The what office?"
Testie: "Our logistics guys. DULCO, they move shit."
Newbie: "Oh, heh. Okay, thanks."

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
It's too subtle. I don't laugh a little when I hear it. If I walked up to someone and they said TL&DR I'd get confused an a little annoyed and find some one else who wants to help me instead. Now, DULCO has a bit more to it. At first glance you don't get it but when you hear the slogan you giggle a bit.

Newbie: "Hey, where do i get resupplied?"
Testie: "Head to the DULCO office."
Newbie: "The what office?"
Testie: "Our logistics guys. DULCO, they move shit."
Newbie: "Oh, heh. Okay, thanks."
Worth a shot, but I'm not sure what the joke is with "DULCO".

Forgot your password?