Squadron 42 preview on December Holiday Livestream

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
From weekly newsletter:

Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion.

Our single player campaign, Squadron 42, shares a large amount of technology and content with Star Citizen and both games fuel each other. Technology built for Squadron 42 allows for a better experience in Star Citizen and technology for Star Citizen opens up opportunities that take Squadron 42 to another level. Subsumption is an example of technology that is critical for both Star Citizen and Squadron 42. The Item 2.0 refactor and the Player Interaction Mode were essential for Star Citizen and it is now allowing new and varied gameplay in Squadron 42. Planet Tech, the Zone System and 64-bit precision allows us to expand the playscape for Squadron 42 to solar system scale.

We have a large team working on Squadron 42 and we’ve been making good progress towards achieving my goal to take the Wing Commander style narrative experience to the next level with first person gameplay that moves between foot, vehicles and incredible locations all rendered with a fluidity and quality that you normally only see in pre-rendered cinematic scenes. I am confident it is going to be worth the wait; a game that can hold its own with any other AAA story game.

I am excited to show you some of this in December. And until then I’ll see you at CitizenCon!
-Chris Roberts

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
WUT

That came out of nowhere, it explains where the flyable Idris's came from but i've got to temper my expectations and say to myself they may not be as far along as I am expecting/wishing....

But wooooooooooooooo!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The modesty. SQ42 will make any other AAA story gane shit in their pants.
/fanboy
Yeah, it'll have 50% better than anyone else. 50% better what? doesn't matter, it'll have 50% better of it.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'm getting deja vu. I feel like I just read this somewhere.

:grin:

Thanks for posting my friend. Hype is increasing.
Is that "somewhere" last year's CitizenCon announcement?

As a wise man once said: (look at my signature)

Aurora

Grand Admiral
Aug 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Aurora1
Yeah, it'll have 50% better than anyone else. 50% better what? doesn't matter, it'll have 50% better of it.
Are we just going 50% ? This years AAA games have been shit I can only think of 1 I enjoyed playing and that's just because it was familiar. SQ42 is unique so I would say it would be 100% better them most AAA games for that reason alone I am willing to wait til they get it right. Rock on Chris!! Make my Christmas Merry LOL

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
If CIG hadn't announced the delay in the Squadron 42 demo before CitizenCon, people would have been pissssssssssssssssssssed, because everyone* was expecting to see the vertical slice on October 27th.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Are we just going 50% ? This years AAA games have been shit I can only think of 1 I enjoyed playing and that's just because it was familiar. SQ42 is unique so I would say it would be 100% better them most AAA games for that reason alone I am willing to wait til they get it right. Rock on Chris!! Make my Christmas Merry LOL
As s42 is going to have 3 episodes we need somewhere for it to go after episode 1.

Why peak entering the fray at 100% better than anything else with the first installment, when you can come in 50% better, then episode 2 make it 75% better, then end in a blaze of glory with the full 100% better than anyone else for episode 3.

Forgot your password?