wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
From the December 14 Inside Star Citizen, here's what's on track for release in the first half of 2024 (with one important thing planned for the summer):

H1 2024
  • Master Modes in Persistent Universe
  • Persistent Hangars with Freight Elevators and new Cargo Transaction System
  • FPS combat improvements: reloading, weapon wear and misfires
  • New FPS weapon scopes
  • Dynamic FPS weapon crosshair
  • FPS weapon charge and drain
  • EVA 2.0: push, pull, etc.
  • Visor and lens system
  • Updated loot screens
  • New interaction system
  • New shopping and mission kiosks
  • New character features: tattoos, piercing, scars and facial hair
  • New mobiGlass and StarMap
  • Distribution Centers
  • At least 6 new or updated vehicles
  • Pyro Preview Channel
Q2/Q3 2024
  • Alpha 4.0
    • Pyro Planets, Moons, Stations and Settlements
    • Fully functional Jump Points
    • New Quantum Travel System
    • New Vehicle HUD and MFDs
    • Resource Management
    • Hacking
    • ...and much much more

Source --

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Just remember, CIG has a tendency to overpromise and under-deliver. They also have a history of having promising tech that works on the small testing scale, but does not work at game scale.

take these projections with large grains of salt

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I wonder when Mechs are coming along to make the Storm obsolete?
I would imagine that if mechs are on the menu, they will be an important part of leveling the field in S42. I can only believe that they will come to SC perhaps within a year of S42 release. That's my guesstimate anyways. :o7:

Can't wait for my Mech to use the Storm as a surfboard!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I would imagine that if mechs are on the menu, they will be an important part of leveling the field in S42. I can only believe that they will come to SC perhaps within a year of S42 release. That's my guesstimate anyways. :o7:

Can't wait for my Mech to use the Storm as a surfboard!
Oooh, yeah that's a good point how do you level the field against Vandu'ul Elite troops? Crack out a platoon of these:

1702842464138.png

The above is the only glimpse we've had of them so far but that's supposed to be an s1 ship weapon so a definite upgrade to the pea-shooters short of the Rail Gun.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Any ideas on the ships releasing in 2024?
Something like 2 or 3 brand new straight to flyable ships.

Polaris has a very good chance of making it, but CIG is known to over promise. Don't expect any other capital ship, it's gonna be Polaris or bust.

Ships I'm near certain about:
Apollo Medivac
E1 Spirit

Ships that I feel have a decent chance of making it:
Hull B
Vulcan
Apollo Triage
Railen
Zeus
Expanse

Edit:
Also, out of the unlikelier ships, these would be a smidge less unlikely than others:
Liberator (large, but pretty straight forward ship)
Legionnaire (no gameplay but hey, a small ship)

Last edited:

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Oooh, yeah that's a good point how do you level the field against Vandu'ul Elite troops? Crack out a platoon of these:

View attachment 25347

The above is the only glimpse we've had of them so far but that's supposed to be an s1 ship weapon so a definite upgrade to the pea-shooters short of the Rail Gun.
Exactly! Those Vanduul are powerful creatures and would dominate humans 1:1. We'd need to see if brains could win the day over brawn?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Any ideas on the ships releasing in 2024?
If I'm not mistaken, during this years CitizenCon, CIG briefly showed a lineup of ship silhouettes of the ships that they plan on having released by the end of 2024. Of these, I suspect that the 1 most eagerly anticipated is the Polaris. Because it'll possibly going to be used in SQ42 & was hinted at, the Legionnaire. I'm sure that the Perseus will also be in at least 1 of the SQ chapters & they will be using much of the resources of the Polaris to produce that as well as the Galaxy, so those are a possibility as well. I suspect that the 3 Origin G12 vehicles will also be making their debut at some point, at least as a sales point filler. I'm honestly not sure which other vehicles will arrive, but these are my best speculations, some of which will hold some sort of role in the SQ chapters.

Reactions: Garonman and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
If I'm not mistaken, during this years CitizenCon, CIG briefly showed a lineup of ship silhouettes of the ships that they plan on having released by the end of 2024. Of these, I suspect that the 1 most eagerly anticipated is the Polaris. Because it'll possibly going to be used in SQ42 & was hinted at, the Legionnaire. I'm sure that the Perseus will also be in at least 1 of the SQ chapters & they will be using much of the resources of the Polaris to produce that as well as the Galaxy, so those are a possibility as well.
I don't think we'd be seeing RSI Perseus, specifically because the part of the ship team making RSI ships is busy with the Polaris. Think RSI Galaxy is unlikely for the same reason. We might be seeing Zeus, as it's smaller.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't think we'd be seeing RSI Perseus, specifically because the part of the ship team making RSI ships is busy with the Polaris. Think RSI Galaxy is unlikely for the same reason. We might be seeing Zeus, as it's smaller.
My reasoning for the belief that the Perseus might be possible, is that CIG has stated that the team working on the Polaris, will then be moving on to the Perseus & then Galaxy with the assets from the Polaris, cutting the time to create them down considerably for the most part. With them being able to effectively copy & paste large portions of the ship into place instead of starting from scratch each time, that will drastically reduce the time in the pipeline. I do agree though that another team working on the Zeus will possibly finish it before the end of next year. I'd say that it might also be possible to have the newly renovated 600i ships released by the end of next year if all goes well.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
Just remember, CIG has a tendency to overpromise and under-deliver. They also have a history of having promising tech that works on the small testing scale, but does not work at game scale.

take these projections with large grains of salt
this. with an entire shaker full of salt.

- if we get just the hangars, mobiglas and starmap, i'll be happy. and i'm hoping to see them in Q1, and that gear insurance will come with them. (LTI or GTFO!)

- i'll be surprised if 4.0 even makes it to Q4. it's just that big of a deal that it's gonna take longer than most people think.

- i'm very much looking forward to seeing master modes make it to all ships. I doubt CIG will get it into the PU in 24, but maybe it'll be in for Q4. i've yet to try mastermodes in AC - maybe i'll get to it in 2024?

- what the hell is "charge and drain"?

- new ships are always welcome and always to be expected. here's hoping for some reworks to a few of the dinosaur ships, like the 600, reclaimer, carrack, retaliator and more. and i'm hoping to finally meet my beloved Zeus in the PU.

- here's hoping the new looting menu will account for backpacks and allow looting straight into them.

- distribution centers, are those the large planetside facilities? if so, i'm definitely looking forward to them.

- "visor and lens" meaning infantry scan functionality? we need those more than we know. bring it!

- new MFDs are sorely needed. I've had enough of buggy displays! and i'm also hoping that the way I set them will be saved so I don't have to keep changing them every time I get into the pilot seat.

PREPARE FOR TITANFALL! I mean, uh, yes, I too am looking forward to mecha power armor.

Exactly! Those Vanduul are powerful creatures and would dominate humans 1:1. We'd need to see if brains could win the day over brawn?
human brainpower has won over animal brawn for thousands of years. we shall defeat the foul Vanduul.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
this. with an entire shaker full of salt.

- if we get just the hangars, mobiglas and starmap, i'll be happy. and i'm hoping to see them in Q1, and that gear insurance will come with them. (LTI or GTFO!)

- i'll be surprised if 4.0 even makes it to Q4. it's just that big of a deal that it's gonna take longer than most people think.

- i'm very much looking forward to seeing master modes make it to all ships. I doubt CIG will get it into the PU in 24, but maybe it'll be in for Q4. i've yet to try mastermodes in AC - maybe i'll get to it in 2024?

- what the hell is "charge and drain"?

- new ships are always welcome and always to be expected. here's hoping for some reworks to a few of the dinosaur ships, like the 600, reclaimer, carrack, retaliator and more. and i'm hoping to finally meet my beloved Zeus in the PU.

- here's hoping the new looting menu will account for backpacks and allow looting straight into them.

- distribution centers, are those the large planetside facilities? if so, i'm definitely looking forward to them.

- "visor and lens" meaning infantry scan functionality? we need those more than we know. bring it!

- new MFDs are sorely needed. I've had enough of buggy displays! and i'm also hoping that the way I set them will be saved so I don't have to keep changing them every time I get into the pilot seat.

PREPARE FOR TITANFALL! I mean, uh, yes, I too am looking forward to mecha power armor.

human brainpower has won over animal brawn for thousands of years. we shall defeat the foul Vanduul.
All very wonderful points my friend! Cheers!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Something like 2 or 3 brand new straight to flyable ships.

Polaris has a very good chance of making it, but CIG is known to over promise. Don't expect any other capital ship, it's gonna be Polaris or bust.

Ships I'm near certain about:
Apollo Medivac
E1 Spirit

Ships that I feel have a decent chance of making it:
Hull B
Vulcan
Apollo Triage
Railen
Zeus
Expanse

Edit:
Also, out of the unlikelier ships, these would be a smidge less unlikely than others:
Liberator (large, but pretty straight forward ship)
Legionnaire (no gameplay but hey, a small ship)
Add Retaliator base and modules to that list.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
At the scale of Mech they are looking at, and the interior of ships, caves and bunkers we have, Mechs don't have much utility. To work they have to be, about, man sized, which makes them power armor.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

View attachment 25347

A Platoon or two of these guys should be enough. And they even fit into most places you would want infantry in Star Citizen.

Forgot your password?