Star Citizen 2024 Forecast

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
At the scale of Mech they are looking at, and the interior of ships, caves and bunkers we have, Mechs don't have much utility. To work they have to be, about, man sized, which makes them power armor.
I'll take powwr armour. The Retaliator might be able to get a Power Armour Dropship moduel, the Starfarer now it has removeable tanks could be a lifter for 6 of what ever power armour goes up to that size plus a little bigger with the balance that it is exposed unprotected cargo.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Ah!!!
I finally see where all this is going.
They'll take the system-jumping out of the small ships.
So jump cappable ships need to be docked at and used as taxi.
(We are talking Port-Olisar Class Jumpships here buddy)
Then there will be mechs.
Mechs can't fly so they need dropships.
Mechs are expensive in upkeep and so most owners will be forced to work in packs (or lances) as mercenaries.
In the bloody wars that will wreck the systems around and including earth.
Let's name them the Inner Sphere for convenience.
Then, an invasion of even bigger, better ships and mechs occurs and it turns out it's a once exiled military force that has come to regain what they consider is rightfully theirs.
Let's call them Clans.
An even greater struggle will break out.
And the the Word of Blake shall be heard!!!
Well, either that or they will simply change the most common crash notification to 40K.
Because of them Space Marines...
I think I actually might prefer that.
WAAAGH!!!
1703148082068.png

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I listened to the video and largely heard it as 'more of the same'.

Nothing there on some of the potentially more-transformational game play items. Still no sight of NPC crew, the range of their uses, and their customization, for example.

Regardless, Jared still does a nice job making it all sound interesting.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'll take powwr armour. The Retaliator might be able to get a Power Armour Dropship moduel, the Starfarer now it has removeable tanks could be a lifter for 6 of what ever power armour goes up to that size plus a little bigger with the balance that it is exposed unprotected cargo.
External, something like this?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Seems like something with pofential, that. Why risk the fat ass 'Farer when you can drop dudes from orbit.
There is a long tradition of dropping people from orbit. Blame it on Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers (The book). Since then it has been a staple of Military Sci-Fi.
I'm more surprised they are talking Mechs but not Drop Pods.

Traveller RPG:

Warhamer 40K:

Halo:

Forgot your password?