Star Citizen 3.0 MEGA THREAD! Post your shit in here!

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I finally got about 40 minutes in 'verse - was running single digit FPS so it was very choppy, but I got to Daymar, ran around on the surface, had my Vanguard Warden stolen almost immediately, and game crashed when I tried to exit the Shubin hab to go drive the Ursa, oh well.

It is more than enough to see the potential, although the performance was truly terrible.

FX6300, 16GB with AMD R7 360/2GB, running 1920x1080 at Medium, so not a high-end rig (although it was 'the' rig for the AMD Mustang), after the crash-to-desktop I switched over to Flight Simulator X running fully whacked out with the resource hungry Carenado Embraer Phenom 100 Light Jet and was getting great FPS at 2K.

Like I said, I can truly appreciate the potential, to go, seamlessly, from my hab room at Olisar to my ship, to another celestial body, and to then walk around, no cut scenes, no BS, was jaw-dropping, even stuttering at 5-7 FPS.

Looking forward to performance improvements and stability, just thankful for a brief glimpse.

'Gimp

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I got fed up, paid my 10 Euros for one months subscriber access and downloaded straight away.
My view;-
lots of disconnects,
a fair number of bugs,
the stuff they want us to test seems okay IE Q travel, afterburner ETC,
I'm disappointed with the view of the planets from say 50Km - 5KM,
Close up things look good,
I did manage to do 1 mission all the way through, Darnell is still innocent and there is about another 50% of open area in Corvalex.

FPS has been in the 20's in the euro server all day, no griefing by other players

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
I got fed up, paid my 10 Euros for one months subscriber access and downloaded straight away.
My view;-
lots of disconnects,
a fair number of bugs,
the stuff they want us to test seems okay IE Q travel, afterburner ETC,
I'm disappointed with the view of the planets from say 50Km - 5KM,
Close up things look good,
I did manage to do 1 mission all the way through, Darnell is still innocent and there is about another 50% of open area in Corvalex.

FPS has been in the 20's in the euro server all day, no griefing by other players
Did I get it right, there is more stuff in Covalex?

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
At Levski the Nox and Dragonfly spawn in an underground hanger. Am I not supposed to take them on the surface there if so how do I do it?

This new 1GB download build was stable for about 3 hours for me, no disconnects this morning
For some reason dragonfly and nox are regarded as space ships so they spawn at hangars. You can just go outside like with ship and land on ground.

One day there will be a Space Kitty... One day...

( /\
) ( ' )
( / )
\ (__ ) |
Here is your Kitty

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I got to a Beerfarer wreck following mission marker to retrieve its Black Ale Box, but couldn't climb into its cabin... when another guy got out of his Hornet, and came behind me and shot me in the back as I was struggling...

I quit right after that. OH that's not quite true... I got a glitch where I couldn't cycle airlocks. I first got out because another player was doing it. After I spawned, I was alone... and didn't want to wait, so I quit.

Also getting average of 7 frames a second is a bit hard to fly with. Felt very satisfying landing my Sabre perfectly, albeit with a pretty harsh impact on the ground.

Apparently new update is greenlit for today, so I'll try something again today.

Last edited:

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Almost made it to Levski - was 1534m away when I ran out of oxygen (WTF, no life support in the ship??), still unplayable at singe digit FPS but have now been to Daymar and Delamar - going to try another resolution reduction (1080x720) tonight and see if I can get to a playable FPS.

Airlocks and MobiGlas were glitchy as all get out but I am digging the StarMap for Nav, pretty cool.

Still beautiful too, can't wait to walk around Levski, even at 8 FPS.

'Gimp

Forgot your password?