Star Citizen 3.0 MEGA THREAD! Post your shit in here!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Today I was flying a stock Cutlass Black and fought an NPC M50 for about 15 minutes before the server crashed.
Am I that bad or is the M50 a pain in the ass?

Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Today I was flying a stock Cutlass Black and fought an NPC M50 for about 15 minutes before the server crashed.
M50 has always been a pain in the ass, used to be able to pick hornets to pieces just by orbiting them and chipping away. Ohhhh, the rage quits back in the day.

Thats why it's had as many nerfs as the 350R. Those two ships and the Mustang Delta coined the term "Knife Fighting". Now they are hard to kill but even harder to kill with and the "Knife Fighter" playstyle has died on its ass.

Fingers crossed for Neutron Repeaters.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If you are a part of the 3.0 PTU when this happened, I'd say they adjusted something a little too far for that M50. If not, I'll call it a glitch & call for a bug report. Either way, I'm sure that you are far better than that my friend.

Reactions: supitza

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Latest patch dropped about an hour ago, second load into the PTU and I was solid 13-16 FPS which is playable so I foolishly accepted a mission only to drop into the FDR recovery mission near Delamar getting 3 FPS, with 3 pirate Cutty Blacks against my sole Cutty Black, at 3 FPS.

I ran away, abandoned the mission thinking I could skate around the bad guys to Lagski - but I was wrong.

Pirate chased me down to just above Lagski, now at 1 FPS, yes, 1 FPS, and I sat there totally helpless unable to do a single fucking thing - utterly depressing/aggravating, so I rage quit.

The end.

'Gimp

Seriously, is there anything worse than hearing the great sound effects as you are shot to pieces by a pirate you can't even see?

FFS

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This new "ao" patch works kinda better, kinda worse for me. FPS was waay better then before with it hitting over 25!!! - only inside my cabin after getting out of bed, for a moment, but it was glorious.
Soo I tought I'd go for a ship-some-shit (literally) mission, cos that worked a few weeks ago. Took out my 'rora, and landed on Deymar at the Bio outpost. The sunset was beautiful! You could even see the planet rotating by looking at the stars, it was kinda nice.
Then I went inside to pick up the boxes, and got distracted by the cargo console. Although there are no landing pads or anything nearby, my ship was selectable and it worked, so I bought some stuff. Brought the boxes outside, and my ship was gone. It got stored, I guess. The problem is, there is no way to get it spawned, there is no ship spawny console! I quit the game, CTD, restart, load into olisar. Checked the console and ships was in a Placeholder location, and I had to insurance claim it to get it back. I wonder if it will still have the cargo inside, but I guess it should not.
Anyways, heres some pics and gif (in reverse order):
deymar_sunset.gif

ScreenShot0345.jpg ScreenShot0331.jpg ScreenShot0329.jpg ScreenShot0328.jpg ScreenShot0324.jpg

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Spent a little over an hour yesterday playing 2.6.3 to compare frame rates, control response rates, etc., and while Live plays so much better I am really excited for 3.0 to go Live because it is so much prettier - I had not been in 2.6.3 for a few weeks when I got my invite for PTU and dropping back into 2.6.3 after the past few weeks of PTU and it is truly night and day different in terms of the overall quality and 'feel', 3.0 is so much more 'real' looking.

By comparison, 3.0 makes 2.6.3 feel like an arcade almost - can't wait for better more playable performance.

'Gimp

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?