Star Citizen 3.0 MEGA THREAD! Post your shit in here!

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
All,

This is expiring soon, but for those that have access to wave 2, could you check your launchers?

https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/LNCHR-55409-Launcher_consumes_10__of_an_i7_CPU__FORCE_CLOSE_TO_SYSTRAY_ON_LAUNCH

My launcher is using 6.8-7.5 percent CPU when minimized, and 8-10 percent GPU when on full screen. This is a lot more then you would expect a delta patcher to consume. If you could look at your task manager, and if it's taking up a significant chunk of your resources, could you report this issue? 8-10 percent CPU and GPU is a significant chunk of process power that could be better utilized in game.

For comparison, Blizzard and Daybreak patchers usually idle around 0 percent even when they are the focused application.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
All,

This is expiring soon, but for those that have access to wave 2, could you check your launchers?

https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/LNCHR-55409-Launcher_consumes_10__of_an_i7_CPU__FORCE_CLOSE_TO_SYSTRAY_ON_LAUNCH

My launcher is using 6.8-7.5 percent CPU when minimized, and 8-10 percent GPU when on full screen. This is a lot more then you would expect a delta patcher to consume. If you could look at your task manager, and if it's taking up a significant chunk of your resources, could you report this issue? 8-10 percent CPU and GPU is a significant chunk of process power that could be better utilized in game.

For comparison, Blizzard and Daybreak patchers usually idle around 0 percent even when they are the focused application.
It's kinda hard to read because it launches 3 tasks named RSI PTU Launcher, but when in foreground they take up roughly 5-8% with the music on, and when in bg they run at a combined 0-0.2%.
Win10 64bit with i5 4670K stock
So I'd say it works okay on these specs, at least for me.

Also, you should be on Delta Patcherr .26, not .23! At least I think :)

Reactions: Talonsbane

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Question - Is there supposed to be ATC landing clearance at ArcCorp 141 on Daymar?

I pulled up, checked the Comms and nothing showed, when I landed instant criminal status, ship despawned, and I was left stuck in the seated while flying position - I could move around but I was hunched over in a seated position with my legs effectively underground - could not stand up or operate any ship decl screens at ArcCorp, finally had a disconnect error after a total of 45-ish minutes online.

'Gimp

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Just finished a 2+ hour stint in the 'Verse, no server crashes, but Starmap glitched ot several times, explored Cellin a little, played with fuel level, really had a good time, all by myself, and logged out in the mighty Aurora LX bed, so who knows, when I log back in I 'might' still be in space.

FPS was lower with latest patch, but it worked for over 2 hours - best for me in the PTU to-date.

'Gimp

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Tried to see about getting the Rover into the Andromeda. Flew out to Levski in a Warden performed what looked like an amazing landing only to bounce up into the air luckly it seems crashing into things still doesn't hurt ones ship. Spawned the Andromeda flew it up near the garage to park. Got out to spawn a rover the fist one was missing the doors and seat so ended up doing an insurance claim and expedited it. (at this rate the 10k is not going to last long) Spawned the second and by that point the Andromeda despawned. Respawned it and once again the rover was missing doors and a seat. Gave up on taking a rover to Yela and went to fly there and while with in 150km of the mining post 151 crashed to a 30000 error. Haven't tried many of the missions yet due to most of the ships being on insurance claim timeouts.

Whi7key

Vice Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Whi7key1
If you buy in game upgrades for your ship, put parts on said ship, then get bummed by space camping gypsys on the first mission you do, do you lose hem upgrades and have to rebut them?
Cause if so there's no real point in getting them unless you a flight ninja, or the pikey camping lmao

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Okay, I am loving the Prospector. Beautiful ship, one of the best instrument layouts I have seen yet (need to get a pic of that). Only one downside I have found so far. Take a look at the screenie. See how high up that doorway is? Yup, I was stranded on Daymar.

Attachments

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay, I am loving the Prospector. Beautiful ship, one of the best instrument layouts I have seen yet (need to get a pic of that). Only one downside I have found so far. Take a look at the screenie. See how high up that doorway is? Yup, I was stranded on Daymar.
I recommend a Gear-Up landing next time. You may scratch the paint but you'll be back in the door. I'm waiting for the day I can land my Connie on the edge of a cliff and then do a Wylie E Cyote stepping off the boarding platform into thin air.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I recommend a Gear-Up landing next time. You may scratch the paint but you'll be back in the door. I'm waiting for the day I can land my Connie on the edge of a cliff and then do a Wylie E Cyote stepping off the boarding platform into thin air.
Actually, that was a cause for (Concern) with me as well.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
If you buy in game upgrades for your ship, put parts on said ship, then get bummed by space camping gypsys on the first mission you do, do you lose hem upgrades and have to rebut them?
Cause if so there's no real point in getting them unless you a flight ninja, or the pikey camping lmao
Ultimately, in the final game, that is what happens...your ship insurance only covers the standard basic ship & load outs.

Any new & different guns you buy will be lost when the ship is destroyed, and the standard base model is replaced through the insurance claim.

How it will work in 3.0 exactly, I'm not sure right now.

Whi7key

Vice Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Whi7key1
Ultimately, in the final game, that is what happens...your ship insurance only covers the standard basic ship & load outs.

Any new & different guns you buy will be lost when the ship is destroyed, and the standard base model is replaced through the insurance claim.

How it will work in 3.0 exactly, I'm not sure right now.
That makes it pointless to buy upgrades then lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Apparently they plan to have ship contents insurance too. Cargo, upgrades etc. Imagine the salt if you used real money to buy UEC to buy a gun that was blown up on your first outing. There is no way that is realistically going to be allowed to happen.

inversely there isn't going to be much Pay To Win either. You buy UEC at something like $20 worth for an S4 gun right now so the conversion rate is crap it took me four days to get 3x s3 Tarantulas, a Flashfire mount, a s4 Revenent and s4 Combine for my Hornet... then I upgraded the hornet and have all this useless crap laying around.

On top of that the amount of UEC you'll be able to buy is already limited to about 20,000 per day so you can't throw $200 at the game and become LordGiantBalls over night.

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if our Eve Online experience holds true, people will upgrade the shit out of their ships to min-max NPC missions, and then never take them anywhere they might be at risk from other players

org combat fleets will be whatever is cheaply and quickly manufactured, e.g. bog-standard ships

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Apparently they plan to have ship contents insurance too. Cargo, upgrades etc. Imagine the salt if you used real money to buy UEC to buy a gun that was blown up on your first outing. There is no way that is realistically going to be allowed to happen.

inversely there isn't going to be much Pay To Win either. You buy UEC at something like $20 worth for an S4 gun right now so the conversion rate is crap it took me four days to get 3x s3 Tarantulas, a Flashfire mount, a s4 Revenent and s4 Combine for my Hornet... then I upgraded the hornet and have all this useless crap laying around.

On top of that the amount of UEC you'll be able to buy is already limited to about 20,000 per day so you can't throw $200 at the game and become LordGiantBalls over night.
If there is insurance for items, that will be great (maybe?). I think that there will be less griefing and mindless PvP if there is an element of substantial loss or risk of loss to the initiating party.

If there is no item/component insurance, then I think you will only upgrade a weapon or ship component if it gives you a *serious* advantage over other players, and then you just run like hell if you start losing a battle.

if our Eve Online experience holds true, people will upgrade the shit out of their ships to min-max NPC missions, and then never take them anywhere they might be at risk from other players

org combat fleets will be whatever is cheaply and quickly manufactured, e.g. bog-standard ships
^ or, what he said. That would be a very likely scenario as well.

Forgot your password?