Star Citizen centrism is a lie!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
"Montoya thinks the financials are fine!"

STFU DG, financials are ALWAYS an ongoing concern. My point is that start ups will burn through all cash and go into the red while on the runway to a launch.

Financials are fine in the sense that there is going to be a lot of red on the balance sheet as they push to a release. They will burn through all reserves and even bring in more investors if they need to. This is just how its done.

Public companies typically go through secondary and tertiary public or private offerings, often given private investors stock and sweet option deals to fund themselves through this period. Its not uncommon at all.

Here are are concerning financials from Tesla who until last quarter had never had any positive earnings:

"The company (TSLA) is selling 3.1 million shares at a price of $243 per share through underwriters Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, according to filing. That’s up from the 2.7 million shares previously expected to be sold at the offering. The company also said it was boosting its convertible notes offering to $1.6 billion, according to filings."

OMG they brought in an investor... things must be bleak for Tesla!
But he loves you!
Screenshot_20200201-232948_YouTube.jpg

❤

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The fact that I have no fucking idea what Boocha is makes me safe... I think.
Also, I have beer. What relevance is that? None, whatsoever. But if and when we meet, we shall have one or ten together.
Urban Dictionary says it's a slang term for "yeah buddy".

This is my only point of reference for anything so must be right.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The fact that I have no fucking idea what Boocha is makes me safe
He is a guy that threw money at Chris Roberts the second he heard Star Citizen was going to be made... not $100 or $1000, but +$30k or more and came in as an early investor. After CIG realized that they were going to bring in millions of dollars beyond the kickstarter, they kicked him out as an investor since they didnt need his measly money.

He has spent thousands of hours creating a youtube series entitled Sunk Cost Galaxy to explain why Star Citizen is a scam and Chris Roberts needs to go to jail.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
My point is that start ups will burn through all cash and go into the red while on the runway to a launch.
Our imperious leader is dead on here. As a business leader who usually has a start up or two in the works in some corner of our business, I'd have to say that it never makes money for 18 to 36 months tops if I am lucky! Big business requires big investment, then a lot of hard work with trial and error, and hopefully at the end its something someone wants to buy. SC is no different.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
He is a guy that threw money at Chris Roberts the second he heard Star Citizen was going to be made... not $100 or $1000, but +$30k or more and came in as an early investor. After CIG realized that they were going to bring in millions of dollars beyond the kickstarter, they kicked him out as an investor since they didnt need his measly money.

He has spent thousands of hours creating a youtube series entitled Sunk Cost Galaxy to explain why Star Citizen is a scam and Chris Roberts needs to go to jail.
Damn. Sounds like really needs a hobby. He should back Star Citizen and join TEST.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Montoya, I think you are kinda wrong on this one. although I agree that Centrism, in this way, is bad. I also it is ok to be a centrist, you just can't be one if you back the game. If you give money to CIG its because at the very least you hope it will be great. How do you back a game without that at least base hope? I backed CIG to the great extent I did because I hope that it will be the next great game, I hope that it will not just be a good game, but redefine the industry as a whole to the point more great games will be made, I hope it inspires the next-gen of devs to make even greater games. I think if you put your money into CIG you have to have at least some faith in it and the project, I think a true, and good, centrist will say, "I will wait." I have many friends that want to see a little more before they jump on board. I think that is great.

On another note, I would recommend staying away from politics and religion, even just to try to make a point. The video game community needs to be about the game, as soon as you bring any of that world bs into the conversation it dilutes what any gaming community should be about. The Games. I am a very live and let live guy, you can believe in a flying letter Z that will eat the world for all I care, as long as it doesn't involve anyone who doesn't want to be involved. But to build and keep a healthy gaming community lets keep anything out of that. I say, Republican, Democrat, Black, White, Yellow with black stripes, Black with yellow strips, purple dinosaur, Christain, Atheist, Islamic, Jewish, whatever you are, wherever you are from, whatever you believe, you want to sit down and play a game? That is all anyone in this community ever needs to say about that, in my mind, is all, it's about love, love of the game. I read that back, I sound too much like a hippy, going to go do shots of Whiskey, cook bacon with a gun, and smoke a cigar.

ALL HAIL OUR LOVE AND SAVOR CHRIS ROBERTS OUR LORD!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
On another note, I would recommend staying away from politics and religion, even just to try to make a point...

...ALL HAIL OUR LOVE AND SAVOR CHRIS ROBERTS OUR LORD!!!
Not a bad observation, in the past out Glorious Leader himself has said unto us "To win this kind of argument we need do nothing but wait for the game to be released" and that is not wrong.

If the Glorious Leader really wants to stick the boot in, the Ministry Of Truth could be utilized to go through the back-catalogue of some of these FUD peddlers and make a few choice copies of their unsubstantiated claim videos where they make statements such as "90 days, tops" etc, and then when the game is finished, there can be a wonderful montage of them to a background of the Cancan song:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diu2N8TGKA

You've got to respect a song with such strong Triangle representation, the mathematically purest musical instrument known to man.

I suspect once the game has gone live some of the more incendiary FUD videos of yesteryear will magically vanish and they will attempt to make a continued living off the viewership they have built not through love and respect but through fear and loathing. As tolerant, patient even handed backers we cannot allow them to edit history in their favor and profit off the false statements designed to spread despair - and the falsehood of their past words and actions must CRUSH them under the WEIGHT of their prejudice!

And if the game fails...? Launch the video anyway!

All prestige to the wise and talented Glorious Leader!

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
"The company (TSLA) is selling 3.1 million shares at a price of $243 per share through underwriters Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, according to filing. That’s up from the 2.7 million shares previously expected to be sold at the offering. The company also said it was boosting its convertible notes offering to $1.6 billion, according to filings."

OMG they brought in an investor... things must be bleak for Tesla!
I still think it's bleak for Tesla which is why I have not picked up any of their stocks. I have to agree mostly with @sum1 that it is hope and the desire to see this kind of game made that allows me to invest in its future. But that hope is underpinned by the knowledge that this can all collapse and in the end, we can all end up with nothing due to being too ambitious with scope creep. Honestly for me more than seeing their current financial information I'd like to see the true current status of the road map showing hours worked and hours anticipated to completion. I'm not bothered by the scope creep as I've always viewed the game as always being a work in progress with an ever-expanding playable universe. But what does have been concerned is the numerous reworking of assets engine enhancements and secondary features without any noticeable improvements on game loops or new content.

Forgot your password?