Star Citizen centrism is a lie!

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Good topic, but I think there are always going to be negative people out there and not happy with a service or product. I'm a backer because it is a personal choice, no told me I had to back it. I think most rational people at this level ignore the toxic crowd anyway. if you back for 40 bucks, don't like the game, go somewhere else. Remember Misery Love Company. Hillary for Prison!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
What I find confusing about all this is that there are many, many times more people who have blown thousands, tens of thousands on micro-transactions in F2P and P2P video games. Where are the crazy campaigns against that? I'm not even going to rope in games that just sell cosmetics, so we're not even looking at Fortnite. But what about FIFA, Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Call of Duty (insert sub-branding here) etc. etc. etc.

Okay so the Chris Roberts name got me to do one thing blindly without thinking about the consequences of my actions at all... and that was typing the URL robertsspaceindustries.com. My actions subsequent to that were well thought out as every action I make is when it involves my pocket-book. I don't care if you're an idiot who gave the project 20k back in 2014 and now you feel ripped off. Go to hell, if you have 20k laying around to toss at a kick-starter then you have to have some brains... an if you contributed 20k to this game and couldn't afford it... GO TO HELL! That's on you, not on CIG, Chris Roberts, Roberts Space Industries, Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy or whatever else you come up with to place the blame on.

I "pledged" in 2014 and I knew exactly what I was doing. I wasn't "buying" a game. I wasn't "guaranteed" anything. I made a "pledge" to a project that I believed in. In exchange for that "pledge" I was given 3 ships that may or may not appear in the game when it's released... cough Redeemer cough. Now, all I have to say to these idiots is this... Go To Hell and Shut the #%^$ up! We don't care! If you want to fight an injustice, make videos about how EA among other companies is using predatory practices to get under-age children to buy / gamble with loot-boxes.

/soap-box

I need a drink... no I'm not mad, really I'm good.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What I find confusing about all this is that there are many, many times more people who have blown thousands, tens of thousands on micro-transactions in F2P and P2P video games. Where are the crazy campaigns against that? I'm not even going to rope in games that just sell cosmetics, so we're not even looking at Fortnite. But what about FIFA, Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Call of Duty (insert sub-branding here) etc. etc. etc.

Okay so the Chris Roberts name got me to do one thing blindly without thinking about the consequences of my actions at all... and that was typing the URL robertsspaceindustries.com. My actions subsequent to that were well thought out as every action I make is when it involves my pocket-book. I don't care if you're an idiot who gave the project 20k back in 2014 and now you feel ripped off. Go to hell, if you have 20k laying around to toss at a kick-starter then you have to have some brains... an if you contributed 20k to this game and couldn't afford it... GO TO HELL! That's on you, not on CIG, Chris Roberts, Roberts Space Industries, Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy or whatever else you come up with to place the blame on.

I "pledged" in 2014 and I knew exactly what I was doing. I wasn't "buying" a game. I wasn't "guaranteed" anything. I made a "pledge" to a project that I believed in. In exchange for that "pledge" I was given 3 ships that may or may not appear in the game when it's released... cough Redeemer cough. Now, all I have to say to these idiots is this... Go To Hell and Shut the #%^$ up! We don't care! If you want to fight an injustice, make videos about how EA among other companies is using predatory practices to get under-age children to buy / gamble with loot-boxes.

/soap-box

Second that.. 🍻 🍻 🍻

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos

/soap-box

There has been campaigns against Fifa and Cod, galaxy of heroes is mobile so all of that is lumped together. Shit is more prevalent then you think, media just will never give it attention unless it is brutally bad were paying for positive reviews rubs journalism wrong.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

/soap-box

Huzzah! Concur completely.

Also... Redeemer?!? Like original Redeemer? Fuck me am I ever jealous of that.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yay! A response I haven't watched because I'm on decompression and drinking copious amounts of beer. Enjoy!
Well he's entitled to his opinion. I don't know what his background is, but he seems to not understand a few things about finance, something @Montoya is probably "a little" more versed in. I also don't think it's incumbent on @Montoya to proactively offer advice - in other words it was more DG360's responsibility to seek advice and an explanation of at least the basics of a topic that he's not an expert on. The way it works is a little more complex than balancing your checkbook.

This is the problem with Youtube, anyone with a face can make a video, and sometimes they're on the money - sometimes they're not. In this case, DG360 was not. If CIG was making a profit at this stage in development, I would be a little concerned about the project. Its not normal for a software development company to make a profit during the development of their software - and for what it's worth, any investor including us, should be at least aware of that. You don't want their burn rate (money coming out of the company) to be so large they don't have a chance to recover. But you want them burning their own assets - It's called "skin". You want CIG's ownership to have skin in the project.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yay! A response I haven't watched because I'm on decompression and drinking copious amounts of beer. Enjoy!
Well he's entitled to his opinion. I don't know what his background is, but he seems to not understand a few things about finance, something @Montoya is probably "a little" more versed in. I also don't think it's incumbent on @Montoya to proactively offer advice - in other words it was more DG360's responsibility to seek advice and an explanation of at least the basics of a topic that he's not an expert on. The way it works is a little more complex than balancing your checkbook.

This is the problem with Youtube, anyone with a face can make a video, and sometimes they're on the money - sometimes they're not. In this case, DG360 was not. If CIG was making a profit at this stage in development, I would be a little concerned about the project. Its not normal for a software development company to make a profit during the development of their software - and for what it's worth, any investor including us, should be at least aware of that. You don't want their burn rate (money coming out of the company) to be so large they don't have a chance to recover. But you want them burning their own assets - It's called "skin". You want CIG's ownership to have skin in the project.
Popcorn1.jpg

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
"Montoya thinks the financials are fine!"

STFU DG, financials are ALWAYS an ongoing concern. My point is that start ups will burn through all cash and go into the red while on the runway to a launch.

Financials are fine in the sense that there is going to be a lot of red on the balance sheet as they push to a release. They will burn through all reserves and even bring in more investors if they need to. This is just how its done.

Public companies typically go through secondary and tertiary public or private offerings, often given private investors stock and sweet option deals to fund themselves through this period. Its not uncommon at all.

Here are are concerning financials from Tesla who until last quarter had never had any positive earnings:

"The company (TSLA) is selling 3.1 million shares at a price of $243 per share through underwriters Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, according to filing. That’s up from the 2.7 million shares previously expected to be sold at the offering. The company also said it was boosting its convertible notes offering to $1.6 billion, according to filings."

OMG they brought in an investor... things must be bleak for Tesla!

Forgot your password?