Star Citizen's food and drink mechanics - new datamined info

Thalstan

Grand Admiral
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Have not been able to watch the video, but...
if food is a buff mechanic and not a nerf/die mechanic (WoW vs EQ), I am ok with it. Even if it’s a nerf/die mechanic, I am ok with it provided it’s one that will be cheap and easy to find/carry foods that will let you survive easily.

the while the most realistic is “you need food to survive and better food gives you buffs”, I think a better way for gameplay would be “simple food and nutrition is always available as pellet concentrated foods are light and people can survive on them for months. However, real food allows you to perform better, increasing baseline stamina, makes medi-pens more effective, and lowers the baseline amount of air you consume because you are eating as intended instead of relying on pills. (Buff but no nerf scenario)

Thalstan

Grand Admiral
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I can’t see those on the McDonald’s menu.

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
Have not been able to watch the video, but...
if food is a buff mechanic and not a nerf/die mechanic (WoW vs EQ), I am ok with it. Even if it’s a nerf/die mechanic, I am ok with it provided it’s one that will be cheap and easy to find/carry foods that will let you survive easily.

the while the most realistic is “you need food to survive and better food gives you buffs”, I think a better way for gameplay would be “simple food and nutrition is always available as pellet concentrated foods are light and people can survive on them for months. However, real food allows you to perform better, increasing baseline stamina, makes medi-pens more effective, and lowers the baseline amount of air you consume because you are eating as intended instead of relying on pills. (Buff but no nerf scenario)
I agree with some of what you say but not with all:
If any mechanic can buff then it has to have a nerf counter part to balance things and we need an alcohol debuff.
I agree with you on the cheap to find and carry aspect and I find your idea of food pills interesting.
Additionally to what you said I would balance them so that if you only eat pills for a longer time you get debuffs and less nutrition until you eat some "real" food.

Forgot your password?