Star Marine team assault strategies and briefing

ROBINSON

Grand Admiral
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
R0BINS0N
We can learn from a lot of games to how you should act in the FPS module. What I can see a lot of this will be based on area control, focusing on valuable areas be it in the FPS module or later on with ship/station boarding.

CSGO is a good example of smallish area control, be it that rush to a bomb site where you have strategically dropped smokes to limit LOS to the enemy and effectivity giving you the upper hand in the scenario.

I am a long time ARMA player and have also played in Milsim units but I am also an on/off CS player as well. Small squad tactics will be key and movement in the FPS Module and/or ship/station boarding will be more alike Milsim style. Thing such as, how to move down corridors, how to breach rooms in CQB. There will be 'right ways' in regards to real life tactics but we need to learn and practise like those real life tactics don't exist because at the end of the day this is a game and we need to find our own way.

I hope to be able to form a small group within TEST to concentrate on these tactics, due to the nature of it I hope alot of people do the same there is a lot of scope for that.

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
If we're going to try and get people to practice some, how about something like planetside 2? More big and open stuff, but can also get people used to working together as a team. It has combined arms with infantry, armor and air along with the transport vehicles that marines would be coming out of. Would also give some extra turret training for people. More importantly though I think, is that it's free to play so anyone can just hop in.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I'm a little late to the party, but I bring hookers and blow. I'm up for Arma 3, and would prefer it due to the freedom and realism it offers. I'm a combat engineer team leader IRL in a SAPPER Company, and we focus a lot on building/area clearing and control- or, cordon and search. I'm kind of expecting the SC FPS model to be a dumbed-down version of an Arma-type realism, specific to Star Citizen, but if it is as involved as Arma is with simulation, then it wouldn't hurt to at least be use to it. There's also the added benefit of having aircraft to practice 'Air Assault' type drills for boarding other aircraft. With its mission editor, you could literally plop down a few c-shelters/buildings in a certain layout and say "This is a constellation, we're going in [here] and teams need to secure these areas. lets practice this way on these buildings after being dropped off by this Blackhawk and see what works." From my point of view, it'd be a great way to build "glass houses" for training and observation. As for other FPS games, I'm not too keen on BF4, because mainly it's crap, and I really haven't played anything else since Delta Force in the early 2000's.

Reactions: WaldoWohin

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I once read a Prima Strategy Guide for Doom multiplayer. It was about 15-20 years ago, but it's still relevant, right?

Forgot your password?