Star Wars Outlaws

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Ok, Star Wars Outlaws is definitely on my radar now. From what I can see in this video, narrated by Morphologis, this game looks super promising. I for one don't care if there are transitions between locations. The transitions look pretty cool. Graphics looks great, gameplay looks fun, and everything just seems to run pretty smooth.

August release!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPTp-1pgGc

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Looks pretty great. Still waiting on details about the customization dynamic for the ship, speeder bike and outfit. They’ve said that outfits won’t determine bonus abilities but also that you can customize. It appears there will be a limited number of customization slots that are independent of actual outfit, etc.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hm. Seems like a quality game, if only it wasn't in third person I'd be very interested.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Ok, Star Wars Outlaws is definitely on my radar now. From what I can see in this video, narrated by Morphologis, this game looks super promising. I for one don't care if there are transitions between locations. The transitions look pretty cool. Graphics looks great, gameplay looks fun, and everything just seems to run pretty smooth.

August release!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPTp-1pgGc
Looks good!

Perhaps this will be the spiritual successor to KOTOR?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This caught my attention in April when it was advertised for preoeder at only £94.99 GBP, turns out that's the Gold version price and there is a standard at £70 GBP. How to make £70 seen a reasonable price? Have a more expensive version!

Still looking promising though, an open world is a tough thing to populate but if there is one property with enough backstory and lore that can flesh it out, it's this one.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Do we know it doesn’t toggle to first person?
While it would be great if we can change between first- and third-person perspective, I don't think Massive Entertainment really does mixed perspective like that. Besides, they've been pretty much a third-person perspective studio since the beginning, though last year they did release their, I think, first first-person perspective title. So who knows, though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've not watched it all as don't want spoilers, but sneaking a peek first few minutes looks promising.

I just can't get on the hype though, in this day-and-age my main concern is how are they going to ruin it all with a battle-pass/lootbox/microtransaction system built into it - it's honestly not an "if", it's a "how much" considering the huge controversy which surrounded stable-mate BF2 :-(

Forgot your password?