Star Wars: The Old Republic

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
wow... I wrote a lot
Yes... Yes you did... But it was all great information some of which I had never thought of (like handing younger characters the material overflow of older characters).

There still remains a question: Do we want to actually schedule a time (like say Wednesday afternoon 8pm EST) for a SWTOR party and reroll all together and see if maybe another person would also be interested in joining so we could have a full party for everything? Or do we want to continue with this and how we are playing right now?

How about this (and this is only a suggestion so feel free to tell me it's a bad idea): We schedule SWTOR party for 8pm EST every Wednesday. If another person shows interest and decides to join, we all reroll a light side crew and go together. If not, we keep our current characters and move from there.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Yes... Yes you did... But it was all great information some of which I had never thought of (like handing younger characters the material overflow of older characters).

There still remains a question: Do we want to actually schedule a time (like say Wednesday afternoon 8pm EST) for a SWTOR party and reroll all together and see if maybe another person would also be interested in joining so we could have a full party for everything? Or do we want to continue with this and how we are playing right now?

How about this (and this is only a suggestion so feel free to tell me it's a bad idea): We schedule SWTOR party for 8pm EST every Wednesday. If another person shows interest and decides to join, we all reroll a light side crew and go together. If not, we keep our current characters and move from there.
yeah that sounds good, but I'm not sure about the 8PM on Wednesday... lol
This past week, I didn't get my class that late because it's the first week, but starting from the next one, I may be home only by 8:30 or 9.
well, we can probably arrange a time without too much trouble. A set time will definitely work out better, more organized at least, and we can keep up more or less the same level going forward most of the time. We can always have a few characters working at the same time, depending on who/when to play with

I was part of a guild that had a weekly Ops Night but I was never able to participate because of my hectic schedules... we'll see how it goes and adjust if problems arise I guess

Reactions: TestBot

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
I'm not really available super late. (This is EST) I work 7-3, and I usually have to wake up before 6:00...meaning I don't stay up too late. Usually I start winding down around 10 pm.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Well on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Wednesdays, I have class till 8pm est. and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am in an RPG group until 12 or 1 am est. all other days, I am open. How does your schedule look? Compatible to mine at all? I would also like to steer somewhat clear of Saturday evenings as I don't want to encroach on SSS's already fragile existence.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
I might join in on this might not since I work friday nights. If anything though if I do join i'll may catch ya at times to do group stuff the leveling I can do solo. So cheers to maybe!

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Well initially we can just group up at random times. It's very difficult to get eveybody together at the same time with work schedules and classes.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Well initially we can just group up at random times. It's very difficult to get everybody together at the same time with work schedules and classes.
So the original reason that I suggested this was that as a pleb (aka a non subscriber) you can not talk in General chat. This would be fine except for one relatively large issue which is [Heroic] quests. These are quests you pick up like anything else but are extremely difficult and need multiple people to finish them (as in you can not break the monsters' tank alone). Because you can't talk in general chat, you have to either wait for someone to ask for group and you /tell them, or stand at the entrance to the mission (which isn't always defined) and see if you can tag along with an already in motion group. This makes the general experience pretty shitty especially considering that there are two heroics you have to do on your starting planet or you will be pretty under-leveled by the time you move on to your next planet. Or your alternative is grinding the xp which the heroics give which also a bad experience. Or you could just sub and enjoy the game like it was meant to be except I can't do that right now.

Here's an idea though, how about we each make four characters and pair them up so whenever another person is online, we can play together? Don't know how well it would work though since I just thought of this.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Yeah so what is ya guys level and what guild are ya in? Also yeah I feel you Tbot I just bought the 2 month sub because fuck Swtor's f2p mode. There are so many restrictions its crazy luckily I got money to burn so I was not having that bs lol.

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
I might not be much of an MMO player, but I'm interested in joining in on that star wars action. Which server, level and such-and-such?

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
I guess we are all on The Shadowlands and had rerolled new characters. For them I do not know the level but I am 22 or 23 at this point I believe as a Bounty Hunter Merc who will probably be heals down the line. Name is Scarthian in game (pretty much any game with someone named Scarthian will be me.) I do not know which if any guild they are in. Their usual play times seem to be friday around 8pm est which lucky me I work fridays woooo. . . . . -_-

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
we haven't really "set a time" yet lol... we said last Friday to put it at 8pm then, but that was set Saturday =b

At least my character... (only 1 so far) on Shadowland I've started with TestBot is only level 5-6.

I intended to play some yesterday after class, but Agents of SHIELD finale, and a new GT6 patch with 2 new events that took WAY TOO MUCH time trying to get that Gold lap (something like 2 and half hours?! omg) so I ended up sleeping at 1-1:30 am and done nothing else...

I may try to hop on today ... then again new X-Rebirth patch! ... ugh too many things to play, too little time =( (OH also Arrow finale)

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
soooo... are we leveling alone? I think I'll keep the character I'm leveling with zeddie and reroll a new one to level on my own time. Also I might sub...

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
If I were to level on my own, I'd go back to Jedi Covenant (as my legacy is quite advanced, with a LOT of unlocked cartel market stuff that can boost me up pretty fast. also a million or 2 credits, which isn't much, but can last quite a while at early levels)

I really want to at least finish each story once (3/8 done) but that will take quite some time...

unless! I server transfer a few of my level 20s. but I'll still lose out on Legacy bonus. I just read the FAQ, apparently I get to keep ALL Legacy stuff!!! (including cartel Unlocks) and if I get extra unlocks on destination server that I didn't have, they get merged!... I'm seriously considering this option right now.

Wished the Legacy was account-wide, and not only limited to servers =(

Last edited:

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
If I were to level on my own, I'd go back to Jedi Covenant (as my legacy is quite advanced, with a LOT of unlocked cartel market stuff that can boost me up pretty fast. also a million or 2 credits, which isn't much, but can last quite a while at early levels)

I really want to at least finish each story once (3/8 done) but that will take quite some time...

unless! I server transfer a few of my level 20s. but I'll still lose out on Legacy bonus. I just read the FAQ, apparently I get to keep ALL Legacy stuff!!! (including cartel Unlocks) and if I get extra unlocks on destination server that I didn't have, they get merged!... I'm seriously considering this option right now.

Wished the Legacy was account-wide, and not only limited to servers =(
sooo... new plan is to start playing together at level 20? I could do that. I just subbed. (I hate you, my brain, and my life, but I am now a sub)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
sooo... new plan is to start playing together at level 20? I could do that. I just subbed. (I hate you, my brain, and my life, but I am now a sub)
btw, to get to 20 "relatively fast" just complete every single quest you can find on Coruscant (Republic) or Dromund Kaas (Imperial) and get your ship. Once you do, you can pretty easily get to 20 within 2-3 days by doing the daily space missions (they're really easy, takes about 10-15 mins) and THEN You can start on the following planets (Balmorra/Taris) and focus only on story/world missions, and you should have enough exp to last until the end. (if you're subscribed)

oh and don't forget to always log off on your ship or in a cantina, the Rest exp can be a huge boost! (I think that's also taking into consideration you use exp boost coupons... I don't remember) but of course, a random flash point here, another space mission there, and a bit of PvP can help as well

I may import a character from Jedi Covenant. the Legacy unlocks are quite useful. but I'll keep my Crashtest. Always funner to play together with someone.

Forgot your password?