State of the Squadron 38

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

👍 👍 👍 👍 You are wrong have an alternate interpretation of the facts, TEST is not the best Squardon just in Star Citizen we are the best Squardon in the whole of existence and the history of what has been, what is, and what will be for all eternity 👍👍👍👍

For the GLORY of TEST!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If any journo reports on the Evo patches they are retarded as it's clear that it is a closed test environment and what it's purpose is. They can't touch that even with leaks, as the obvious response which would be official, is that "Yeah, no shit we know - It's the closed test environment to test the patch as hard as we can before it goes on general release.":

1570079981729.png

It would be like the motoring press reporting that a car companies latest mechanical test-bed focusing on suspension doesn't have any cup-holders. Well no shit cup-holders are not what it's for and don't need to be in it so they are not. Evo patches are for testing specific things, but if Joe Bloggs who didn't know a Gladius from a Gladiator got their first look at the project as a video of one of the patches, it probbably wouldn't go across well. There are way more people who are not familiar with SC and what it's doing and how it works than who are, so keeping the real test environment under wraps is only realistic.

Another reason I think there is an NDA on Evo patches is that there will be things tested in them that may not come to fruition in the game. If the Evocati are provided some amazing new weapon to try like the TWRL TP-20,000 gun and they report it is totally glorious and OP and it then doesn't get into the game, or doesn't make it into the game in the same form as it was in the Evo patch, testers going around saying "Woah wait for 3.7 the TP-20,000 is a total game-changer" and sharing videos of them taking out a platoon of NPC's with toilet paper ammo is going to be setting a whole tonne of false expectation in any player watching. I can also reasonably assume that new mechanics are going to be tested with existing assets, so if they are testing Salvage with a Prospector, it's just not going to make any sense unless you are part of that test and know and understand whats going on.

Remember: Loose lips melt pledge ships.

Evoleaks are just Salt Fuel in the long run:

Player: "But EvoPatch 20.7 had a hand-gun that could take out an 890j where is my cap-ship killer hand gun? This game sucks I want to be OP!""

Dev: "Yeah that pistol was just a modded Arclite II in that Evo patch to make checking out damage states easy and quick, and anyone using it signed a waver that said they understood that... so either you looked at a leak or you are a dullard who should not have been part of the testing environment in the first place."

Last edited:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
If any journo reports on the Evo patches they are retarded as it's clear that it is a closed test environment and what it's purpose is. They can't touch that even with leaks, as the obvious response which would be official, is that "Yeah, no shit we know - It's the closed test environment to test the patch as hard as we can before it goes on general release.":

View attachment 13892

It would be like the motoring press reporting that a car companies latest mechanical test-bed focusing on suspension doesn't have any cup-holders. Well no shit cup-holders are not what it's for and don't need to be in it so they are not. Evo patches are for testing specific things, but if Joe Bloggs who didn't know a Gladius from a Gladiator got their first look at the project as a video of one of the patches, it probbably wouldn't go across well. There are way more people who are not familiar with SC and what it's doing and how it works than who are, so keeping the real test environment under wraps is only realistic.

Another reason I think there is an NDA on Evo patches is that there will be things tested in them that may not come to fruition in the game. If the Evocati are provided some amazing new weapon to try like the TWRL TP-20,000 gun and they report it is totally glorious and OP and it then doesn't get into the game, or doesn't make it into the game in the same form as it was in the Evo patch, testers going around saying "Woah wait for 3.7 the TP-20,000 is a total game-changer" and sharing videos of them taking out a platoon of NPC's with toilet paper ammo is going to be setting a whole tonne of false expectation in any player watching. I can also reasonably assume that new mechanics are going to be tested with existing assets, so if they are testing Salvage with a Prospector, it's just not going to make any sense unless you are part of that test and know and understand whats going on.

Remember: Loose lips melt pledge ships.

Evoleaks are just Salt Fuel in the long run:

Player: "But EvoPatch 20.7 had a hand-gun that could take out an 890j where is my cap-ship killer hand gun? This game sucks I want to be OP!""

Dev: "Yeah that pistol was just a modded Arclite II in that Evo patch to make checking out damage states easy and quick, and anyone using it signed a waver that said they understood that... so either you looked at a leak or you are a dullard who should not have been part of the testing environment in the first place."
A well-written write-up :)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well said. I totally agree, there is no reason we have to be concerned about evocati testing if you aren't an evocati. But I also want to point out that the media is hungry for readers and viewer counts, it drives revenue. They don't care that someone leaked something and they have no other evidence. It'll be a story just because it drives a different agenda, and they aren't subject to the NDA themselves. It sucks that some people chosen as evocati don't always respect, or even probably understand what "NDA" means and what the consequences can be both for the game, and for themselves. And we can get the wrong impression of what's in the pipeline.

... But what is that I hear about toilet paper ammo? Tell me more!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
... But what is that I hear about toilet paper ammo? Tell me more!!!
The TWRL (TEST Weapons Research Lab) TP-20,000...

Time was, almost 1000 years ago in an epoch they called the Information Age, someone, we know not who, combined the power of a leaf-blower with a paint roller, toilet rolls and duct-tape:

toilet_paper_gun_prank.gif

Now, in the year 2949, the boffins of TEST have reinvented the wheel based on this ancient invention!

Not only is the leaf blower now equipped with a tractor-beam system so the toilet roll can be fired in zero G just as effectively as in atmosphere, it also has two settings: "Funny" and "Deadly", set to Funny you can prank your friends all day long wrapping them up in as much roll as you can get your hands on, set to deadly and your choice of either a radiation source to irradiate the bumwad and drain the life out of your foes or an acid wash to melt them where they stand* will see you to victory time and time again.

The roll will entangle and be difficult to remove, the ammo will be plentiful, as there they are people there will be rolls!

The TWRL TP-20,000 in a dangerous universe, it just makes sense.

*Acid Wash only works with that wax-paper bog roll that you get in public bathrooms and schools, the stuff that is like tracing paper or the acid melts the paper and it comes out as spit-wads. The Tracing wax-paper stuff is practically indestructible they should make spaceships out of it.

Forgot your password?