Storing your stuff post 3.15? (30k recovery, new inventory system, etc)

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
So err...what's the plan?

I'm gonna spawn my Carrack and dump all my stuff in there (especially my super special Concierge/Backer crap) that I don't wanna lose lol. Since I rarely fly my Carrack, it'll just be an expensive storage facility heh.

Also....apparently the gun racks don't really work. If you wanna stow your stuff safely in your ships, just dump it on the ground. :thump:

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
So err...what's the plan?

I'm gonna spawn my Carrack and dump all my stuff in there (especially my super special Concierge/Backer crap) that I don't wanna lose lol. Since I rarely fly my Carrack, it'll just be an expensive storage facility heh.

Also....apparently the gun racks don't really work. If you wanna stow your stuff safely in your ships, just dump it on the ground. :thump:
As far as I understood from the vids, you have all your stuff stored at the location inventory of your "home" which you select upon first entry into the game. So why dump it into a ship and risk loosing it when you take out the ship for a spin, if you need to travel to where that ship is stored anyways to access the stuff?

I plan to keep my stuff that I don't need at the space ports above the major cities, whichever is closest at the time.
My working ship will be my 300i, until I can get my hands on something more serious. I won't be bringin anything special on board, maybe a spare pair of guns and pants, ammo, and whatever junk I buy at the local gift shop like that penguin plushy thing.
If I can put some guns and ammo into my Mustang alpha citcon edtiion, I'll be using that as my backup runaround when I need to get back to someplace.
My Aurora MR will be reserved for when I really have to fall back onto box-running and probably won't have anythin on board.
As for my ARGO Cargo, I'll be offering a taxi service from Port to Surface, either at Hurston or Microtech (most likely Micro, it's easier to navigate without a goddamn waypoint marker cos no QT, no marker, gott find the city/port by eye). I might throw some junk boxes in there for immersions sake. Haven't figured out the price yet, but I got a feeling that a lotta players will be keeping their ships above, and when they respawn down in the hospital there will be a real need for a ride like this!

Last I heard weapons lockers and other storage solutions should come online proper in 3.16. end of year patch.

There's been talk of hoarding stuff to sell in 3.16, but I have a feeling there will be a storage/inventory data wipe at least.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
As far as I understood from the vids, you have all your stuff stored at the location inventory of your "home" which you select upon first entry into the game. So why dump it into a ship and risk loosing it when you take out the ship for a spin, if you need to travel to where that ship is stored anyways to access the stuff?

I plan to keep my stuff that I don't need at the space ports above the major cities, whichever is closest at the time.
My working ship will be my 300i, until I can get my hands on something more serious. I won't be bringin anything special on board, maybe a spare pair of guns and pants, ammo, and whatever junk I buy at the local gift shop like that penguin plushy thing.
If I can put some guns and ammo into my Mustang alpha citcon edtiion, I'll be using that as my backup runaround when I need to get back to someplace.
My Aurora MR will be reserved for when I really have to fall back onto box-running and probably won't have anythin on board.
As for my ARGO Cargo, I'll be offering a taxi service from Port to Surface, either at Hurston or Microtech (most likely Micro, it's easier to navigate without a goddamn waypoint marker cos no QT, no marker, gott find the city/port by eye). I might throw some junk boxes in there for immersions sake. Haven't figured out the price yet, but I got a feeling that a lotta players will be keeping their ships above, and when they respawn down in the hospital there will be a real need for a ride like this!

Last I heard weapons lockers and other storage solutions should come online proper in 3.16. end of year patch.

There's been talk of hoarding stuff to sell in 3.16, but I have a feeling there will be a storage/inventory data wipe at least.
Perfect! My home in Star Citizen will look as messy as my real home!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

With 100 star systems to explore they intend for me to tie myself down to one system by setting a home base on some crappy mud ball?

This deal... Is very fair and I'm happy to be a part of it.

View: https://youtu.be/31HaTbWONmQ

I'll play what they build but sometimes I think my original envisioning of what it was to become might be slightly wide of where it ends up :-)

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I don't know about anyone else but as a subscriber for almost 6 years this nonsense of losing subscriber flair items until you track them down or they get picked up by the A.I. "potentially" getting your items back doesn't sit well with me, this had better change or I personally will be asking for a refund or a ship of equal value.

I really don't understand what CIG has been thinking recently, this game more and more is becoming a survival game nightmare rather than an MMORPG space sim.

First the whole looting your corpse thing, while I don't have an overall issue with this, I do have an issue with it in a game so unstable literally walking off your ship or EVA can put you into a down state, dozens of game breaking bugs, lag, FPS issues or griefing can kill you causing you to lose these items, if anyone thinks these things wont be an issue in the finished product, show me a game that doesn't have this in their finished product.

CIG created Subscriber Flair to entice people to subscribe and it worked, now they are saying these items can "potentially" their word not mine be lost permanently, I have watched the video several times and already several streamers have brought this issue up, these are paid for items no different than your ship, we paid into a monthly sub under the impression these items were permanent, by saying these items can be lost permanently they have now made their value 0.

I hope they walk back on this but again after almost 6 years of subbing to be told this after the fact is a slap in the face to those of us who already paid.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't know about anyone else but as a subscriber for almost 6 years this nonsense of losing subscriber flair items until you track them down or they get picked up by the A.I. "potentially" getting your items back doesn't sit well with me, this had better change or I personally will be asking for a refund or a ship of equal value.

I really don't understand what CIG has been thinking recently, this game more and more is becoming a survival game nightmare rather than an MMORPG space sim.

First the whole looting your corpse thing, while I don't have an overall issue with this, I do have an issue with it in a game so unstable literally walking off your ship or EVA can put you into a down state, dozens of game breaking bugs, lag, FPS issues or griefing can kill you causing you to lose these items, if anyone thinks these things wont be an issue in the finished product, show me a game that doesn't have this in their finished product.

CIG created Subscriber Flair to entice people to subscribe and it worked, now they are saying these items can "potentially" their word not mine be lost permanently, I have watched the video several times and already several streamers have brought this issue up, these are paid for items no different than your ship, we paid into a monthly sub under the impression these items were permanent, by saying these items can be lost permanently they have now made their value 0.

I hope they walk back on this but again after almost 6 years of subbing to be told this after the fact is a slap in the face to those of us who already paid.
Additionally, what about stuff that is bought from the subscriber store? If sub flair doesn't count as account bond stuff and can go walkies, what of the extras which are bought in addition to the sub-included items?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've always thought it was a bit silly that when you die you don't loose what you are wearing - I mean that doesnt make and sense right?

I suppose for subscriber flair that means you have to be more careful where you wear your pimp asss posh stuff out in the verse. As long as it's account bound and you can get it back somehow - it should never be able to be lost for good.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I think what we pay with in real money, we're not supposed to lose no?

Currently it's far too easy to lose stuff via 30ks, griefers, what have you. I doubt even with this 3.15 server recovery feature, players are protected 100% from losing their subscriber/backed stuff.

Backers will absolutely lose their shit (and rightfully so) if we lose our cash paid stuff willy nilly. At the very least, there should be character resets to restore our subscriber/backed gear.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm hoping that CIG will allow us to periodically change the location of where we call "Home" officially in the Verse as they expand through multiple systems. Even then, I'll possibly be using my C2 to haul it all from 1 localized storage home to another based on where seems to be the best to access my things in regards of centralized locations.

This is a smart move based on what they've been talking about recently.

I hope that this will work out very nicely for you.

Yeah, given recent events, I'm planning on only "hoarding" a few spare sets of the items that I'll be using most, like an armor set, a few guns & accessories like multitools with the accessories purchased in game.

This way whenever I lose everything, I'll have a backup set to get back started with instead of needlessly risking the things that I've earned through backing or subscribing permanently. Or until CIG pulls their heads out of their asses on this subject & remembers their promises on this subject about things that are in our account hangars.

Perfect! My home in Star Citizen will look as messy as my real home!
CR has stated that he wants a level of immersion as real as it can get.

I'll play what they build but sometimes I think my original envisioning of what it was to become might be slightly wide of where it ends up :-)
I'm pretty sure that most all of the long time backers will agree with this. Many might simply walk away in disgust if CIG swings things too far to the extreme though.

I agree entirely.

Additionally, what about stuff that is bought from the subscriber store? If sub flair doesn't count as account bond stuff and can go walkies, what of the extras which are bought in addition to the sub-included items?
Stuff purchased from the subscriber flair is effectively the same as that which you received through subscribing, except that you can melt or gift the things that you pay cash for through the store extra.

I suppose for subscriber flair that means you have to be more careful where you wear your pimp asss posh stuff out in the verse. As long as it's account bound and you can get it back somehow - it should never be able to be lost for good.
CIG has stated that anything that is in your account hangar won't be able to be lost permanently. I don't know what they'll end up doing, but I suggest that they allow those items to be able to be claimed via the insurance system.

I think what we pay with in real money, we're not supposed to lose no?

Currently it's far too easy to lose stuff via 30ks, griefers, what have you. I doubt even with this 3.15 server recovery feature, players are protected 100% from losing their subscriber/backed stuff.

Backers will absolutely lose their shit (and rightfully so) if we lose our cash paid stuff willy nilly. At the very least, there should be character resets to restore our subscriber/backed gear.
This is correct & I suspect that until this is remedied, the amount of backers that subscribe or purchase things from the subscriber store will start drying up on CIG, at least for a large part.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

While it is possible to lose non-ship account items currently unless you reset your account they have stated several times that it's not their intention and they intend to allow for ways to recover these items. It's just in the current game state without resetting your account there is no way to recover it, this is not by design simply there has been no development time spent on addressing it. While we can complain that it's not acceptable in the here and now it sort of glosses over the reality that everything in the alpha build of SC is transient as they are not only adding more game features, wiping player accounts, and doing balance passes that change many aspects of the game. So yes it's very easy to die to stupid bugs and it's a pain if you want to keep one of the unique account-specific items but we cannot lose sight of the fact that this is still very much an alpha game and a work in progress. Heck, this weekend I ended up in jail because I hurt the ramp of my own ship as it killed me, only to find out that you cannot currently deposit mined ore as the feature is broken. Or the fact that there is a strong wind on the moon of Hurston that will blow you down and blow your ship over yet you'll suffocate if you take off your helmet because it's almost a vacuum. So getting upset over the possibility of temporarily losing subscriber flair because they added a new game feature without adding the ability to recover it seems short-sighted. So yes you can either not worry about it knowing that currently there is no way to truly lose anything that is account bound and you can either reset your in-game char or not worry about not having it at the moment or simply not even bother using it. And I would recommend joining the conversation with the devs on what you feel would be a good way to go about recovering lost account bound game items? Would a fee or having to go to a specific location to buy it in-game work? Would waiting x amount of time for it to be delivered to your main hanger? Or should it always just reappear instantly in your bag of holding?

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
While it is possible to lose non-ship account items currently unless you reset your account they have stated several times that it's not their intention and they intend to allow for ways to recover these items. It's just in the current game state without resetting your account there is no way to recover it, this is not by design simply there has been no development time spent on addressing it. While we can complain that it's not acceptable in the here and now it sort of glosses over the reality that everything in the alpha build of SC is transient as they are not only adding more game features, wiping player accounts, and doing balance passes that change many aspects of the game. So yes it's very easy to die to stupid bugs and it's a pain if you want to keep one of the unique account-specific items but we cannot lose sight of the fact that this is still very much an alpha game and a work in progress. Heck, this weekend I ended up in jail because I hurt the ramp of my own ship as it killed me, only to find out that you cannot currently deposit mined ore as the feature is broken. Or the fact that there is a strong wind on the moon of Hurston that will blow you down and blow your ship over yet you'll suffocate if you take off your helmet because it's almost a vacuum. So getting upset over the possibility of temporarily losing subscriber flair because they added a new game feature without adding the ability to recover it seems short-sighted. So yes you can either not worry about it knowing that currently there is no way to truly lose anything that is account bound and you can either reset your in-game char or not worry about not having it at the moment or simply not even bother using it. And I would recommend joining the conversation with the devs on what you feel would be a good way to go about recovering lost account bound game items? Would a fee or having to go to a specific location to buy it in-game work? Would waiting x amount of time for it to be delivered to your main hanger? Or should it always just reappear instantly in your bag of holding?

They were very clear in their video, I've watched it numerous times as well as SC streamers who brought up the same thing, yes 3.15 you can lose your subscriber and paid items, yes you will get them back in 3.16, but they said it crystal clear, the long term plan is to make these items lootable and yes you could lose these items, you would have to track them down or the A.I. would have to retrieve them for you, neither one guarantee's you will get your item back, this was said in their video. They literally cut their own subscription throats by even mentioning these items could be lost permanently, worse I have feeling I won't be the only asking for a refund if they stick with this route.

They created subscriber flair to entice subscriptions under the premise that these items were "Exclusive digital flair" or "Collectors" items again their words not mine, I could have easily have taken the $1250.00 I spent on subscriptions and spent that on ships which are permanent, insured and cannot be taken away, why would anyone pay a monthly sub otherwise?

At this point I don't care what they do with the survival game mechanics nonsense surrounding the stuff people didn't pay for, but I paid for these items, they created the subscriber flair with no mention of these items possibly being temporary or lost, that in itself is fraudulent. No different than if someone shoots you off your Nox or Ranger and takes your bike, parks it in their hanger forever and you can't get it back, except they protected those investments with insurance and they know people would never buy a ship again if there was even a remote possibility of your ship being permanently lost and it would destroy their funding, but hey screw the subscribers... meanwhile streamers get well over 5k dollars worth of ships for referrals without ever putting their money up to get it, they make money off streaming SC and then get rewarded for it because their viewers pay into SC, great incentive I agree, but me who puts my own money into the game gets cheesy rewards like guns and armor over 1250$ worth of subs and now they want to make them lootable and again their own word "potentially" un retrievable? They have made the value of these items 0$ so I want my money back or assurances they will not be lost.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think that the most obvious "easy" answer for CIG to do in these regards is to enhance the insurance feature to grant LTI insurance to ALL subscriber flair that is both gained through monthly subscriptions as well as purchased through the subscriber store. I'd be fine if they want to add in reasonable wait timers for the items to be returned. Hell, that opens up more possibilities for game play as players & NPC's could be transporting the boxes of returned items to the box retrieval / deposit stations nearest where the file is claimed & then once the boxes are checked in, the owners could be notified of their arrival as well as where to collect them.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Either way, until this subscriber / concierge item cluster bomb is sorted out, I'll be sticking with only using weapons, outfits & other gear that will be easily replaceable in game with in game currency just to save myself the hassle & stress. So until 3.15 goes live, I'll be looking for the best main location that will have the majority of what I want to use as my new default gear.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
They were very clear in their video, I've watched it numerous times as well as SC streamers who brought up the same thing, yes 3.15 you can lose your subscriber and paid items, yes you will get them back in 3.16, but they said it crystal clear, the long term plan is to make these items lootable and yes you could lose these items, you would have to track them down or the A.I. would have to retrieve them for you, neither one guarantee's you will get your item back, this was said in their video. They literally cut their own subscription throats by even mentioning these items could be lost permanently, worse I have feeling I won't be the only asking for a refund if they stick with this route.
Was this made clear in the All About Alpha 3.15?

Last edited:
  • o7

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
A logistical question about ships and vehicles storage.
In the patch note CIG poit out that if you have some land vehicle in you hangar it should be better to choose a home location tha allow for ground vehicles to be spawn.
So how this thing works? if you have some land vehicles are you able to reclaim them at a different location or they are bound to the "home base"?
If you buy a vehicle in game where will the bound to? to the "home base" locattion or to the location you purchase them?

The point is I'll like to set my HB at Orizon, but I'll also like the ability to use a ROC for mining, and since neither Orizon or PO will allow at the moment for vehicles to be spawn untill the ability to spawun vechicles in ships came into the reality that could pose a bit of a problem.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I remember hearing the exact same words so I'd hazard to say Yes, it was.
It was also mentioned in the 3 vids I watched about 3.15 word for word by the Noobifier, Bored, and SuperMacBro.
It was also stated that they are aware of the issue and they are thinking about some solution, some of them whare the one expose above.
It's amazing how after almost 10 years people still whinning about future thing that are not even fully planned and "problem" do to the "temporary" state of the game....

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This whole situation with the sub flair items is rather more problematic than it seems.
The problem is real and valid, you paid for stuff, you shouldn't be able to lose that permanently. But that's not all.

Just theorizing here but I'd think CiG wants to retain the scarcity of these items, and potentially offer them in a monthly rotation later when the game goes live as a form of monetization. Yeah, I know they said to only sell uec when the game goes live... And now we got skins for ships, limited time flairs with events.. Its a proper cash shop like in any other free to play mmo, and it will be staying for a long long time.

So I don't think they want to offer LTI on these flair items. It would make them infinite items, basically you could dress up your 20 man org in a short time if you just keep allowing them to kill you. Oh and btw, expect to see some kind of lockout introduced for LTI ships as well, otherwise you could just allow your org mates to steal your Carrack until everyone has one.
I don't have a solution for this and it's not my job to find one, but they sure as hell need to think hard and fast about how insurance and paid-for items will work in the long run, because shits getting real.

• o7
Forgot your password?