Storing your stuff post 3.15? (30k recovery, new inventory system, etc)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I have watched the video numerous times now and again it was clear what their long term goals are.

He said clearly, no insurance, he said there would be ways to "get your items back" meaning they are lost until you GET THEM BACK.

Two ways to get them back... one being track the items that were taken by someone like a bounty hunting mission or if you died you can track your body down and recover them.

The second way is report the items stolen and if that person is apprehended by the A.I. you will get them back IF they are on his person.

They said neither way was guaranteed to get your items back.

This was clearly stated in their video, there was no if ands or buts about it, they said this was the long term goal.

Now here is the problem, I dont do bounty hunting missions, this game isn't just PVP so let's say I get jumped doing a mining or a search and rescue whatever they kill me and take my subscriber flair items, I have two options, hunt them down and try to recover my items or wait for the A.I. to get them back for me, this is assuming they don't take your gear back to their hanger and hang it on their wall as a decoration because we know personal loot and loot storage or hanger storage is completely separate.

I shouldn't be once again forced into a game loop I don't want to do to retrieve items I paid for without knowing up front before I paid for them they could be lost forever or I would have to invest time into getting them back.. And just to reiterate it they used the words "potentially" &"permanently" not me.

What bothers me is so many people chiming in about how it's not a big deal or that's not what they said, it is what they said and again I'm going to say to those who didn't invest in the subscriptions or pledge items its really none of your business, the people who did are the ones who should have the opinions on this as it's our investment not yours.
Okay then, let's keep ignoring the context of what was said in the video...

So now anyone who didn't pay for their armor should just shut the fuck up and accept that you are superior, downing you in game should cause less problems for you, cos you put in money towards PRODUCING VIDEO CONTENT? Which came with added bonus of monthly free flyable ships and some random pieces of armor. Great. Now what? You can now skip the gold sink and time sink that is buying armor and a huge part of the consequences because you paid for it?
Don't you see how this affects everyone in the game?

Again I cannot blame you for thinking like this, Cig made this situation be like this by turning Subs into the monthly cash shop.

These type of usable in game rewards shouldn't have existed in the first place imo but what's done is done. Now they will try to rectify this somehow, which means either you will be angry cos your "investment" won't place you above a non subbed player, or I along with a million other players will be angry cos of the blatant pay to win mechanics you want so badly.
Non of these will work. You want access to your stuff which I think you should be allowed, but I also want you to suffer the same level of consequences as a non subbed player to make things fair and non pay to win.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

So now anyone who didn't pay for their armor should just shut the fuck up and accept that you are superior, downing you in game should cause less problems for you, cos you put in money towards PRODUCING VIDEO CONTENT? Which came with added bonus of monthly free flyable ships and some random pieces of armor. Great. Now what? You can now skip the gold sink and time sink that is buying armor and a huge part of the consequences because you paid for it?

Again I cannot blame you for thinking like this, Cig made this situation be like this by turning Subs into the monthly cash shop.

These type of usable in game rewards shouldn't have existed in the first place imo but what's done is done. Now they will try to rectify this somehow, which means either you will be angry cos your "investment" won't place you above a non subbed player, or I along with a million other players will be angry cos of the blatant pay to win mechanics you want so badly.
Non of these will work. You want access to your stuff which I think you should be allowed, but I also want you to suffer the same level of consequences as a non subbed player to make things fair and non pay to win.
I came across something last night in the 3.14 PU. I was going from place to place to check the various weapons & armor shops to see where the best potential starting point might be by keeping them in mind. While I was at Everus Harbor, I saw that the armor shop carries the Inquisitor Arms Raven set, which is the mostly black with hot pink kitty armor set from the subscriber flair from a few months ago. Would it still be pay to win if those that paid cash for their set but lose them for whatever reason be able to obtain a replacement set at a discount, but have subscriber flair items be limited to 1 per account in game? I'm not trying to argue, but to see if a reasonable balance can be made in the regards of the subscriber flair items.

Reactions: Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I came across something last night in the 3.14 PU. I was going from place to place to check the various weapons & armor shops to see where the best potential starting point might be by keeping them in mind. While I was at Everus Harbor, I saw that the armor shop carries the Inquisitor Arms Raven set, which is the mostly black with hot pink kitty armor set from the subscriber flair from a few months ago. Would it still be pay to win if those that paid cash for their set but lose them for whatever reason be able to obtain a replacement set at a discount, but have subscriber flair items be limited to 1 per account in game? I'm not trying to argue, but to see if a reasonable balance can be made in the regards of the subscriber flair items.
What is reasonable to you or I might not be reasonable to others. To me it sounds like fun that you have to go get your stuff back yourself then I realize I'm not 12 anymore and I have other things to do, real life things. Sooo I'm not sure I like the idea that much. As an option yes...
All I'm saying is sure a discount sounds great but others will argue that they paid for it thus why the hell are they forced to buy it back again...
Imagine how much louder they will get when it turns out that you can only get certain armor at a certain outlaw location and they need like a 20 man raid to make it through there and travel time is like 8 hours and such...
Best I can come up with in the moment is there should be a special sub flair shop at every big hub world (and pirate hubs) with access only for the items you own via subs. Could be a solution...
There are loads of kinda valid arguments. Someone's gonna get burnt anyways.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut

Laughable you bring up skipping the gold sink or time sink when people are literally buying or getting FREE cap size ships before the game comes out....laughable.

This has nothing to do with being superior, but who are you to tell me I don't have a legitimate right to complain about how my money is being used? Especially when it was never disclosed upon subscribing that flair could be lost or stolen, NEVER.

The subscriber flair has nothing to do with skipping time or gold sinks, this is a pathetic response btw. As far as I can tell NONE of the weapons or armor is superior to what you can get in game, seeing as the game isn't even REMOTELY in the realm of being done (5 to 10 years out is my guess) you can't even possibly know where flair items will rank in the game for all we know they are simply skins, it is called "FLAIR" btw and they are supposed to be "collectables" again their words not mine.

Again, CIG can do whatever they want, its clear they always have, but I want a refund or store credit for my flair items, I refuse to be forced into a game loop I had no intentions of playing when I bought the subscriptions and they never made it clear they could be taken or lost. Simple as that.

I wonder how many people would be upset if CIG all of a sudden took lifetime insurance away and put limits on claims? Or what if like REAL insurance they adjusted claims and increased your premium and made you pay a monthly fee and every time you made a claim the premium went up? I wonder how many people would be asking for refunds on LTI ships if it was all of a sudden taken away? They will never do it because people wouldn't buy the ships and it would sink their funding, but you could bet there would be a pissed off community. I just find it hypocritical that people who didn't spend money on subscriptions are telling me I shouldn't be upset or that somehow I was cheating or skipping a time/gold sink... again laughable when literally there are thousands of CAP ships sold already, talk about a time/gold sink skip there you go.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Come now TESTies, in a year's time this will be the Cutlasses third engine. As in added, taken away again, added again and then totally reconcepted from the ground up.

It does us credit to be so passionate about our game and committed to it, but please less of the harsh words toward each other, this is just teir one of this subject and as with everything else SC will take years to come to equilibrium.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Laughable you bring up skipping the gold sink or time sink when people are literally buying or getting FREE cap size ships before the game comes out....laughable.

This has nothing to do with being superior, but who are you to tell me I don't have a legitimate right to complain about how my money is being used? Especially when it was never disclosed upon subscribing that flair could be lost or stolen, NEVER.

The subscriber flair has nothing to do with skipping time or gold sinks, this is a pathetic response btw. As far as I can tell NONE of the weapons or armor is superior to what you can get in game, seeing as the game isn't even REMOTELY in the realm of being done (5 to 10 years out is my guess) you can't even possibly know where flair items will rank in the game for all we know they are simply skins, it is called "FLAIR" btw and they are supposed to be "collectables" again their words not mine.

Again, CIG can do whatever they want, its clear they always have, but I want a refund or store credit for my flair items, I refuse to be forced into a game loop I had no intentions of playing when I bought the subscriptions and they never made it clear they could be taken or lost. Simple as that.

I wonder how many people would be upset if CIG all of a sudden took lifetime insurance away and put limits on claims? Or what if like REAL insurance they adjusted claims and increased your premium and made you pay a monthly fee and every time you made a claim the premium went up? I wonder how many people would be asking for refunds on LTI ships if it was all of a sudden taken away? They will never do it because people wouldn't buy the ships and it would sink their funding, but you could bet there would be a pissed off community. I just find it hypocritical that people who didn't spend money on subscriptions are telling me I shouldn't be upset or that somehow I was cheating or skipping a time/gold sink... again laughable when literally there are thousands of CAP ships sold already, talk about a time/gold sink skip there you go.
I've never told you that you shouldn't complain, I told you the exact opposite like 2 posts ago.

They also don't disclose when you sub that the items you received as BONUS for subbing wouldn't be treated like any other items in the game either. They never said that these items can't be taken away, looted from you, or just lost in the void. So just like I assumed they can be lost like anything else, you assumed they couldn't because no one told you otherwise. That's not an argumant, that's just a baseless assumption. Your refund claim has no ground to stand on, but I wish you good luck with it regardless as the practice of selling items with subs was scummy from the beginning.

A cap ship is useless without a crew...Comparing apples and oranges there...

If the time sink and gold sink aspect of armor and weapons is irrelevant, why is it a problem that they may require gameplay to get them back? Also why do you want to take them out where someone can grab em from you if they are so precious to you? Also at least some of these items if not all will be available in the verse elsewhere probably.

Taking away LTI and putting limits on claims has nothing to do with your sub flairs, because that would imply permanent loss of ships. They clearly stated they do not want this to happen to either ships or sub flairs, so that's a silly argument. Meanwhile, technically they could do it, they could take away every single ship you ever pledged for, without explanation. Just read the TOS you sign when you pledge. I did. But obviously that's something that would never happen.

Point is you keep contradicting yourself, you keep clinging to the notion that CIG owes you this permanent magical stash of goodies that they now want to take away permanently, while technically they don't owe you those items and they don't want to take them away either. And throwing out personal insults on top of it.
I wasted enough time on this already and it's clearly pointless.
Good luck with your refund request, I hope we all get an acceptable solution to this soon.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Askin' the big questions is almost like seeing a big button that says 'do not press' - it is the TESTly way to ask them :-)
I might be a bit off, but my gut tells me the big "do not do" button for many TESTies, is when your buddy asks you to hold their beer while to TESTify & you become increasingly thirsty smelling their beverage while they're not paying attention. Eventually, the tempting button will be removed or activated.

What is reasonable to you or I might not be reasonable to others. To me it sounds like fun that you have to go get your stuff back yourself then I realize I'm not 12 anymore and I have other things to do, real life things. Sooo I'm not sure I like the idea that much. As an option yes...
All I'm saying is sure a discount sounds great but others will argue that they paid for it thus why the hell are they forced to buy it back again...
Imagine how much louder they will get when it turns out that you can only get certain armor at a certain outlaw location and they need like a 20 man raid to make it through there and travel time is like 8 hours and such...
Best I can come up with in the moment is there should be a special sub flair shop at every big hub world (and pirate hubs) with access only for the items you own via subs. Could be a solution...
There are loads of kinda valid arguments. Someone's gonna get burnt anyways.
I'd be fine with this solution as well. I'm just looking for any solution for the time being as well as longer term to prevent myself from losing things that I've obtained that can't be regained "soon".

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I've never told you that you shouldn't complain, I told you the exact opposite like 2 posts ago.

They also don't disclose when you sub that the items you received as BONUS for subbing wouldn't be treated like any other items in the game either. They never said that these items can't be taken away, looted from you, or just lost in the void. So just like I assumed they can be lost like anything else, you assumed they couldn't because no one told you otherwise. That's not an argumant, that's just a baseless assumption. Your refund claim has no ground to stand on, but I wish you good luck with it regardless as the practice of selling items with subs was scummy from the beginning.

If the time sink and gold sink aspect of armor and weapons is irrelevant, why is it a problem that they may require gameplay to get them back? Also why do you want to take them out where someone can grab em from you if they are so precious to you? Also at least some of these items if not all will be available in the verse elsewhere probably.

Taking away LTI and putting limits on claims has nothing to do with your sub flairs, because that would imply permanent loss of ships. They clearly stated they do not want this to happen to either ships or sub flairs, so that's a silly argument. Meanwhile, technically they could do it, they could take away every single ship you ever pledged for, without explanation. Just read the TOS you sign when you pledge. I did. But obviously that's something that would never happen.

Point is you keep contradicting yourself, you keep clinging to the notion that CIG owes you this permanent magical stash of goodies that they now want to take away permanently, while technically they don't owe you those items and they don't want to take them away either. And throwing out personal insults on top of it.
Good luck with your refund request, I hope we all get an acceptable solution to this soon.
Literally name one single game out there that has ever given collectables or digitally sold items that were lost or stolen in the game? Name one.

• o7

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut

Your words btw.

"These type of usable in game rewards shouldn't have existed in the first place imo but what's done is done. Now they will try to rectify this somehow, which means either you will be angry cos your "investment" won't place you above a non subbed player, or I along with a million other players will be angry cos of the blatant pay to win mechanics you want so badly.
Non of these will work. You want access to your stuff which I think you should be allowed, but I also want you to suffer the same level of consequences as a non subbed player to make things fair and non pay to win."

Literally you are a hypocrite, if you think being a subscriber and getting a few guns and armor with virtually NO STATS ON THEM, no stats at all is PAY TO WIN or somehow being put "above" you or anyone else then wtf is having Javelins on DAY FING 1 not PAY TO WIN? Are you kidding me? You're telling me that entire organizations out there with a hundreds or even thousands of CAP ships on DAY 1 of the games release isn't PAY TO WIN??? Yet somehow a GUN and set of ARMOR is PAY TO WIN?????

This is the problem with SC you people are lunatics when it comes to this game, you have turned it into a cult, you literally think owning the most powerful hard to get biggest TIME and GOLD sink ships in the game on DAY 1 isn't PAY TO WIN yet some subscriber flair and collectables are? I don't even know how to reply to the ridiculousness of this statement, its so mind numbingly dumb.

• o7

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I see Phil's glass is half empty again.

Oh well maybe someday someone will refill it!

• o7

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Phil, I don't think anyone here disagrees with you.

No one wants to take your right to complain about this issue away either.

We are discussing where this may go and what may happen with it rather than saying you have no justification in being annoyed. I agree with you - I don't want my gear I was inticed to put cash money down for going walkies any more than you do, you were not wrong about Anthem and I can totally see your point on this.

SC live game development is a long play and that expiriance may be informing others to be more pragmatic and wait it out however having your say now helps make sure development doesn't go too far in the wait and see direction so thank you, your passion on this subject is clear and observations just as valid as anyone else's

I would question why the desire to gameafy subscription/flair items with looting is being bought in like this, rather than with tier 0 mechanics to defend a player's items and let them expiriance how they intend it to be...

...unless there is no intention and they are waiting for the community to guide their direction on this? In which case I would argue not everything can be community lead and they have to remember their "no publisher dick moves" roots when working out how to add game mechanics/gamification of owned items/monitising the game beyond ship pledges.

The best take on this I have seen was on Spectrum. Let fools loot you but they only get the base version of an item, so you have the gold consierge Arclite all they get is the standard one and you keep that gold as if it were nothing more than an account bond skin so we don't become targets/loot pinatas, while having a timer on reclaim/live item limit so we don't become kit spawn points. It's about removing exploits rather than screwing over subs who have been committed for over half a decade.

I mean, the real solution is no-drop no-loot paid for kit and have it always available to that backer but then that can be claimed as pay-to-win. It's a hole without an obvious out, they have somewhat painted themselves in to a corner.

How do you think they should go about the subject of looting and exploits? The find it/AI gets it back for you angle is also exploitable as you can sell an item to a rube for 20,000UEC sure in the knowledge that it will return to you via AI and you keep the cash, or you can track it down to that players stash and clear them out get your thing back and still keep the cash. Profit all round.

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
This thread is on fire :love:

But in a good kinda fire way!! Honestly who can say how they plan to address the cash flow of purchased items in game. My humble two cents is that yeah you can loot my stuff but the flair be it subscriber or purchased should always automatically respawn in your home inventory on the next game start:drunk:
Don't get me wrong,...I think anything stolen or looted should stay with the looter as a prize but there is nothing wrong with having that item back in the owners inventory as well if it is a purchased product. Looters may see it as unfair but they didn't pay real money for a product. The Owner wins and the looter wins because he has a bit of unique flair he or she keeps until the next patch, no harm or foul.:drunk:
I have worn lots of hats in my adventure a/k/a life but the business man says don't screw with cash flow.:like:

Shall be interesting to see how they address this over time:o7:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The best take on this I have seen was on Spectrum. Let fools loot you but they only get the base version of an item, so you have the gold consierge Arclite all they get is the standard one and you keep that gold as if it were nothing more than an account bond skin so we don't become targets/loot pinatas, while having a timer on reclaim/live item limit so we don't become kit spawn points. It's about removing exploits rather than screwing over subs who have been committed for over half a decade.

I mean, the real solution is no-drop no-loot paid for kit and have it always available to that backer but then that can be claimed as pay-to-win. It's a hole without an obvious out, they have somewhat painted themselves in to a corner.

How do you think they should go about the subject of looting and exploits? The find it/AI gets it back for you angle is also exploitable as you can sell an item to a rube for 20,000UEC sure in the knowledge that it will return to you via AI and you keep the cash, or you can track it down to that players stash and clear them out get your thing back and still keep the cash. Profit all round.
I thought about it but realized that I've always disliked seeing an NPC/Player with an item that looks intriguing work at taking them out then go to loot them only to find that you cant acquire it. I think the better solution is to simply make it so that the purchased item is lootable. That those who did not participate and get the flair item when it was available for purchase/reward can only get it as a loot drop and those who did can reacquire theirs from any special item kiosk for the normal price of the non-special skinned price or price of a similar item. That way it maintains the risk-reward as losing your armor/weapon costs the same as everyone else but also allows a similar path as others to get a new one. It also fulfills the promise that everything can be acquired in-game without degrading the fact that the item was a unique flair item.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
so if we leave what we don't want to risk in our hangars

we won't lose it, amirite?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've seen a claim on Spectrum that a long time subscriber and some of their Org mates have been able to have their Sub fees refunded in store credits, as long as they could prove they were active.

Perhaps this has escalated to Drama now?

Last edited:
Forgot your password?