SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Hey All.

I have been brainstorming what to do with the forums and how to improve it for the users and have drawn a complete blank. So I will just put the question to you!

How would you like to see the forums improve? Do you hate the colors? Do you want to see rapid disco lights that cause epileptic seizures? Hamsters raising TEST flags of glory and purging heretics?

Seriously though I would appreciate cool realistic suggestions to help improve the forums for everyone :)

Best,
Seung

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I have heard people talking about wanting a cover page/website that then leads to the forum as we know it. As for colors I use the immersion theme and love it. I will post any ideas I think of though, and if I hear anything.

Reactions: Ryan2534

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
I would love if there were more threads shown under 'recent threads', or maybe have multiple pages of recent threads?

Reactions: halfsane

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Every jab at us, should be a meme on the forums in some form or fashion like a badge of honor. Every good jab that is and probably put the forums in test colors? Could also have the homepage be a test propaganda video, picture and every time we hold a contest event for propaganda it gets put up on the home page. Something smooth for a welcome page to ease people in instead of BAM spam with sidebars and forum updates etc. A cleaner welcome page in a nutshell.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I propose a portal front page.
Yea, that. You can have so new people to the forums get to see how awesome we are with propaganda and you can have links to all the main sections there. Those who have been here a hot minute can know that testsquadron.com leads to here and you can have the portal at testsquadron.net

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I propose a portal front page.
+1 for portal.

TEST is already more than just a forum where we hang out, and we're rapidly growing and expanding on a number of fronts. Having a more robust site will further reinforce that while we may be drunkenly stumbling around, we're still able to get things done in a fantastic and highly enthusiastic way.

Reactions: mromutt

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Hamsters raising TEST flags of glory and purging heretics?
This sounds ok to me...

+1 for a portal - this could also include any live streamers/or recent youtube videos like SotS
More black and yellow, this is the TEST forums, right?
Image/Video/Propaganda galleries so we can show off our TESTness.

Reactions: Black Sunder

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I absolutely love the Immersion theme on this forum, and I pretty much don't care about the rest (it's all good). :)

Reactions: mromutt

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
This would also be neat but probably more of a hassle than it's worth.

An integrated fleet viewer? I have a feeling 2.0 is still a long ways off, and this would be 10 times easier than what we have have going on now lol.

And yeah, I would have to agree, fleet viewer for every TESTie would be awesome addition. :)

MammonLord

The Gatekeeper
May 10, 2014
RSI Handle
mammon
Make things easier for dummies like me. I clicked the Mumble link at the top of the page a bunch of times before I realized it wouldn't do anything until you install mumble. Finding TEST banners and avatars is hard, too.

What I think I'm asking for is a landing page for new people with large, drunk-friendly buttons linking to things like the mumble setup guide Montoya posted, a compendium of signature banners (with instructions for here and the RSI forum), the TEST Reddit, squadron rules, etc.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I already gave you the opensource GoonAuth backend. You should really start working on a private authentication system for the website so that we can properly give confirmed core members the proper forum permissions for the upcoming internal forums.

Forgot your password?