Supitza's trimestrial vent / emotional rollercoaster

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Same here.
I looked for a quest item for about 20 minutes, I finally found it and when I entered my Cutlass I died spontaneously and respawned in the EZ Hab. NO QUEST FOR YOU!
Sounds like it might not have gone better for you...

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Hey @supitza nice chatting with you..sorry I couldn't stick around...I crashed 5 min after starting up...one second I'm landing my Freelancer at Oli, I get the nice "Landing Complete -- Have a pleasant stay!", I get out of my ship and BOOM -- crash! -- I start back up again, and I'm right back where I left off! Except, now all of a sudden I have a CRIMESTAT! And there is nobody and nothing on the pad with me anymore...sigh...so I rush to Kareah to erase my crime stat, even ask if anybody is there, and get shot in the back when trying to erase it...

...and then it was time to walk the dog. Hopefully things went better for you!
i'm unfamiliar (fortunately, knock on wood) with getting the crime stat stuff, but would asking if anybody was there let people know that you're coming to erase it and set you up for an ambush?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
i'm unfamiliar (fortunately, knock on wood) with getting the crime stat stuff, but would asking if anybody was there let people know that you're coming to erase it and set you up for an ambush?
Yes. And occasionally it might even seem like it's raining people trying to get a free kill.

If you really want a parking ticket, they're easy to get. Park too slowly, or park in the wrong spot, park in the right place but at the wrong time, crash into the guy speeding through the rings of Port Olisar over top of you when you lift off, try to leave Levsky when it's busted... those are all things that can get you a parking or speeding ticket. My favorite one is that you can get a Outlaw rating simply by shooting a pirate who interdicted you, if you can kill him before he fires a shot.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
My favorite one is that you can get a Outlaw rating simply by shooting a pirate who interdicted you, if you can kill him before he fires a shot.
lmao, that explains a couple of times I got a crime stat...I had no idea...I was wondering, "He was a pirate, how come *I* got a crime stat."

It all depends. Some people yes, it would be an ambush magnet, some people would not shoot you if you let them know you are coming.

With the Kareah security AI coming...I'm wondering how that might affect gameplay. People may even gather there to defeat Security & allow people to erase crime stats...maybe...in my dreams, lol. It will be good for people wanting to scratch that FPS itch, they don't have to wait for hapless boobs like me to show up, they can get a more regular fix shooting security.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
is going through the process at Kareah the only way to get rid of the crime stat or is it like GTA and it slowly goes down over time?
Good question. I know you had to go to Kareah, but didn't they say they were going to make it reduce slowly over time?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Good question. I know you had to go to Kareah, but didn't they say they were going to make it reduce slowly over time?

In the PU Kareah and resets are the only way to reset your crime stat. As for game launch I have not heard anything about ones rep decreasing over time, just that there are many factions and each one will have its own opinion of you.

Reactions: Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
@supitza Hey, I was remembering...one of the strategies that worked in 2.6 to avoid losing cargo after a crash was to have another crewmate onboard. That way, if one person crashed, the ship would still be going with the other person. Of course, if the whole server goes down, it isn't going to help then.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
@supitza Hey, I was remembering...one of the strategies that worked in 2.6 to avoid losing cargo after a crash was to have another crewmate onboard. That way, if one person crashed, the ship would still be going with the other person. Of course, if the whole server goes down, it isn't going to help then.
But I have no friends. :-/

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Your friend can also invite you back to the correct server too, I think, so you don't end up somewhere else. But yeah...
That's a problem.

There is a solution to that. You can add me, and let us know what your in-game name is so we can add you too. Think it's the only way that works, they haven't spent a lot of time on socialization in SC, because they think none of the backers have any use for socializing. Which is probably more true than not.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Me neither :( will you be my space friend?

they haven't spent a lot of time on socialization in SC, because they think none of the backers have any use for socializing. Which is probably more true than not.
lol, when Spectrum is integrated in game, and exists as the phone app for out of game coordinating...there won't be any time for IRL socialization activities.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Your friend can also invite you back to the correct server too, I think, so you don't end up somewhere else. But yeah...

That's a problem.

There is a solution to that. You can add me, and let us know what your in-game name is so we can add you too. Think it's the only way that works, they haven't spent a lot of time on socialization in SC, because they think none of the backers have any use for socializing. Which is probably more true than not.
Added you to my friends list. My RSI handle is AstroSupitza.

Me neither :( will you be my space friend?

lol, when Spectrum is integrated in game, and exists as the phone app for out of game coordinating...there won't be any time for IRL socialization activities.
Somehow you were already on my contact list.

I'll see you both in game when I muster up the courage to brave the bugs again. And when I'll get a breather from work. :)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Added you to my friends list. My RSI handle is AstroSupitza.

Somehow you were already on my contact list.

I'll see you both in game when I muster up the courage to brave the bugs again. And when I'll get a breather from work. :slight_smile:
Id add you as a friend but i havnt been on the game since 3.0 launch also i play at strange times for you most likely being out here in japan.

Reactions: supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Tries 3, 4 and 5:
3: I get pulled from quantum and get booted to desktop
4: log back in, ship doesn't move
5: spawn back at Olisar, get out of EZ Hab, get booted to desktop.

How do you guys manage to play for more than 5 minutes?

Reactions: Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Tries 3, 4 and 5:

Well, i have to wait 5 minutes just to load into the game, so technically every time i play is more than 5 minutes by default lol

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Tries 3, 4 and 5:

Well, that definitely doesn't sound normal. Do you generate crash reports? Do you look at them?
Check out this page for more info...let us know what you see in those crash reports:
https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000065688-Send-in-game-files-for-RSI-support

Forgot your password?