Switching to Windows 10 ?

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
You mean you work at the Microsoft campus in Redmond? If so, would you be willing to look into whether or not they'd be able to hire me on? :p

I never said I work at the Redmond campus lol. And you know, so long as you are old enough, and have the job skills, you shouldn't need anyone to get you in :P

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I never said I work at the Redmond campus lol. And you know, so long as you are old enough, and have the job skills, you shouldn't need anyone to get you in :p
Heh. I'm just bad at self confidence, really. There's a lot of things I want to accomplish, but I've barely made any progress anywhere. Imagine what that does to your self esteem.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
OMG, I love technology......
Remote into my desktop, from work, to update CorsairLINK, and it works FLAWLESSLY!!!!!

Thanks @UnderSc0re
Yeah no problem. I did the whole install over TeamViewer.

Clowdy Howdy

Captain
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Clowdy Howdy
I'd like to think I have a valid reason to hold off getting Win 10, but I honestly don't. I'll probably do it today.

Reactions: mromutt

malhavoc

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
malhavoc
I started using the Win 10 Insider Preview about 6 weeks ago. Auto-updated to RC a couple weeks back I think. Desktop system is about 5 years old, plus upgrades, SSD for OS drive, HDD for most of rest. Only program that didn't work for me post update was Acronis True Image 2012, which made me cloning my drives pointless. Lucikly was not needed. It took a bit to get used to it with double monitors, but I did my best to make the desktop win 7 - like for now.

I also installed Insider Preview on my Win 8 laptop that I had bought upgrade to 8.1 Pro for (clean install to get rid of that monstrosity). I didn't do this until after they insider preview downloads had stopped so was stuck with earlier build that I could not get to activate as Pro (which is only copy I had). Fresh installed 8 again with upgrade to 8.1 while awaiting for upgrade to 10 Pro.

Not sure exactly how it will work, but once upgrade to 10, supposed to be able to clean install to my hearts content. Having win 8 key embedded in BIOS would have been handy in past but pain in my ass now. I'm hoping they just upgrade the key to Win 10 Pro once activated to make life easy.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Heh. I'm just bad at self confidence, really. There's a lot of things I want to accomplish, but I've barely made any progress anywhere. Imagine what that does to your self esteem.
Oh I know, been there a lot. Just stick to it, you'll get something.
Get something like Windows 10 for starters maybe :P lolololol

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
ok some feedback after a day of use:
some drivers aren't really working
geforce experience is going nuts

apart from that, everything's fine. (more or less ) XD

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'm waiting for the get windows 10 app to reappear so I can see if I get my copy yet.
Other than that, it's smooth sailing, though it sucks being back on win7.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'll look at the clean install option tomorrow after work.
Is it an actual upgrade using my win7 key, or is it just a tech preview license that gets me stuck with whatever updates MS wants to throw at me?

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
I'll look at the clean install option tomorrow after work.
Is it an actual upgrade using my win7 key, or is it just a tech preview license that gets me stuck with whatever updates MS wants to throw at me?
Wierdly enough it's a full licence when you run home or professional (not enterprise). If your w7 is legit, you don't even have to enter the key, it's all automatic. I wen't through all iterations of windows with an academic licence, and did notice a performance boost from 7 to 8, But 8 was clearly designed for a tablet. And then again a boost from 8.1 to 10, plus it feels just right for the desktop. You might want to disable animations and play with some layout settings, but it looks and feels awesome

Forgot your password?