TEST Beer mugs, shot glasses, patches and vinyl decals!

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
May I ask a question about the Beer mug, will it crack easily if it gets too hot or too cold ?

I got a few mugs over the years that the heat from either the dishwasher or pouring cold beverages in, causes the handles to crack off and start to break.

I ask for anyone else's experience in this. Paint me interested in the mug if it is not cheap dollar store glass, no offense to anyone or anything intended, just trying to be careful here, because I am genuinely interested in this mug.

I have the big ol mug and have not had any issues with it since I had it. I normally hand wash it but it has been through the dishwasher multiple times and unlike other mugs it's very sturdy and no signs of any fading or anything. Perhaps the best mug I have in my collection... And not because it's test labeled.

Well maybe the only problem I have is that it gets emptied and doesn't fill itself up.

image.jpeg

Doctor Antelope

Admiral
Nov 7, 2014
RSI Handle
DoctorAntelope
Sounds perfect !

I will have to set aside some coin this week for some then, thank you for the info.
I've had a couple of these for about 6 months I keep them in the freezer until I want to use them and they go through the dishwasher semi frequently. I haven't noticed any signs of stress or cracking.

These mugs are awesome!

NinjaGirl

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NinjaGirl
Also : this was sandblasted to get the texture right ? Or was it done with a dremel ?
It's done with a mini sandblaster not a dremel.

The beer mugs are pretty hefty, I'm not sure how easily the handle could crack off?

The only issue I've had with cracking is with USPS handling the packages like hockey pucks and breaking everything before arriving to their destination.

I do recommend handwashing, however I do know a lot of people just throw these straight into the dishwasher with no problem since they are etched and not a vinyl application. I hope that helps!

Reactions: Doctor Antelope

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
USPS handling the packages like hockey pucks and breaking everything
@NinjaGirl is being overly nice to those assholes at USPS. They screwed up the shipping so bad they literally swept the glass dust into a new box and shrink wrapped it closed - just to say they delivered it. The note from the USPS expressed how sorry they were that these things happen when trying to get everything delivered in a timely manner...great, but my glass dust was even delivered late! FU USPS!! But, @NinjaGirl took care of everything and I have all my glasses and mug, and they're pretty sweet. I said it before, and I will say it again - quite happy!

Reactions: NinjaGirl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
OO metal is sexy

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
Are hats something Ninjagirl is working on? Or is that going to be through a different avenue? Looking to order a mug soon, but I can wait a bit if there is more stuff coming!

NinjaGirl

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NinjaGirl
Will "DirectorGunner" fit on the pub glass and beer mug.. and shot glass? Although, has anyone found a source to get colored versions of the logo on these types of quality glass wear? :D
DirectorGunner will fit on the beer mug but the letters will be quite small (obviously). But I've done long names in the past. It's possible :)

It won't fit well on the shot glass but I could try? Or it could wrap around the shot glass but it will put my OCD into overdrive trying to get it straight since it's a curved shot glass lol

I'm able to do a colored version using vinyl, however, I find that vinyl doesn't last as long as etched glass.
I use premium outdoor vinyl, but as with any type of decal, it's not forever, and it can be peeled off if you put it in the dishwasher or scrape it off with a knife or something.. I hope that answers all your questions!

PM me if you need any more info!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
DirectorGunner will fit on the beer mug but the letters will be quite small (obviously). But I've done long names in the past. It's possible :)

It won't fit well on the shot glass but I could try? Or it could wrap around the shot glass but it will put my OCD into overdrive trying to get it straight since it's a curved shot glass lol

I'm able to do a colored version using vinyl, however, I find that vinyl doesn't last as long as etched glass.
I use premium outdoor vinyl, but as with any type of decal, it's not forever, and it can be peeled off if you put it in the dishwasher or scrape it off with a knife or something.. I hope that answers all your questions!

PM me if you need any more info!
Yes you're fantastic! (I'm OCD too) That answered all my questions. To follow up on the vinyl, is there any kind of coating I can apply over it to make it more permanent and scratch resistant.. and maybe dishwasher temperature safe?

NinjaGirl

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NinjaGirl
Yes you're fantastic! (I'm OCD too) That answered all my questions. To follow up on the vinyl, is there any kind of coating I can apply over it to make it more permanent and scratch resistant.. and maybe dishwasher temperature safe?
Unfortunately there isn't a coating to extend the life of vinyl decals.

There's another application that can be used on glasses/mugs, which is a little more permanent.. but I don't have the equipment for it. It's more like a heat press.

I'll have to ask Montoya if we can get a whole printing and heat press set up so we can make more test products lol

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast

There's another application that can be used on glasses/mugs, which is a little more permanent.. but I don't have the equipment for it. It's more like a heat press.

I'll have to ask Montoya if we can get a whole printing and heat press set up so we can make more test products lol
Just tell him it's for the good of Test and will make you happy! Happy wife happy life..... and happy organiation happy life happy wife... it's a circle of happy.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

How much does that machine cost? Do you have a link? I can donate toward a fund raising goal to get you one.

Reactions: Dalarast

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Just tell him it's for the good of Test and will make you happy! Happy wife happy life..... and happy organiation happy life happy wife... it's a circle of happy.
lol my wife would be SOOO pissed at me if I start collecting SC related stuff like I did Gears of War (seriously 3rd largest collector in the world, im a fing nutcase, actually trying to sell it all now). And my OCD would drive me nuts to not immediately replace any TEST glass wear vinyl I even slightly scratched or scuffed... and because I don't like wasting stuff I wouldn't throw the damaged ones away... then I'd end up with a 3rd floor full of damaged TEST glass wear and a VERY angry wife... that would be a circle of pain for me. :(

Forgot your password?