TEST Book Club - February Selection

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I would like to give a warm congratulations to our monthly winner @Han Burgundy for his very own book that he wrote! This February, the TEST Book Club will be reading The Aimless Expedition!
Found here.

Now get back to reading, you nerds!

As always, you can follow our recent monthly selections on goodreads.com via our book club, which can be found here.
Nominations for March will go up around valentine's day and voting the week after.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Thanks for picking my book, gang! I put a SHIT ton of work into it, as it has been my whetstone for sharpening my skills for my own series. I hope you all enjoy it and like that lil bit of Carrack love!

Cheers! 🍻

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Thanks for picking my book, gang! I put a SHIT ton of work into it, as it has been my whetstone for sharpening my skills for my own series. I hope you all enjoy it and like that lil bit of Carrack love!
I just finished it. I had read a little some time ago, but things happened and I had to stop for a while. I won't ruin the story for anyone by talking about it, but I just want to say that you tell a good story, and I am looking forward to you writing more.

Reactions: Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I just finished it. I had read a little some time ago, but things happened and I had to stop for a while. I won't ruin the story for anyone by talking about it, but I just want to say that you tell a good story, and I am looking forward to you writing more.
Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback! It was my first long-form project and I learned a lot from it that I am applying to my OWN book project that should be done by the end of the year (knock on wood) Thanks for taking the time to read it! 🍻

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback! It was my first long-form project and I learned a lot from it that I am applying to my OWN book project that should be done by the end of the year (knock on wood) Thanks for taking the time to read it! 🍻
Is there a title or brief synopsis you can give us?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
So with this book club do we discuss the book? As we read? when we are done? just curious
Great question! I would kindly ask that you do not spoil the book for anyone on these forums here during the first 2-3 weeks of the month. During that last week or so, you are free to discuss as much or as little as you so choose!

There is our book club website, however, where you can talk about spoilers and thoughts on the books we read at any time on our goodreads.com. I think you should be able to start your own discussion (like a thread) on there, if you cannot, please let me know and I will try to figure out permissions and such.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Is there a title or brief synopsis you can give us?
Of my new project? Well, the working Title is: The Stranger from Meclan and it is basically about a drifter who finds himself in a system controlled by brutal gangs. He, of course, then meets a local woman and vows to help her clean the mean streets of Meclan station. The gangs, however, are not what they seem and the Stranger must find the truth of what is going on; hidden somewhere within the lies that present themselves.

Basically I wanted to do a kick-ass 80's style action flick in space that actually makes sense for once. (Hero tries cool shit that doesn't always work out) I will have more in the months to come!

Reactions: Printimus

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Congrats!

Now you can start working on that second book we talked about and I can finally get my royalties. :)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Of my new project? Well, the working Title is: The Stranger from Meclan and it is basically about a drifter who finds himself in a system controlled by brutal gangs. He, of course, then meets a local woman and vows to help her clean the mean streets of Meclan station. The gangs, however, are not what they seem and the Stranger must find the truth of what is going on; hidden somewhere within the lies that present themselves.

Basically I wanted to do a kick-ass 80's style action flick in space that actually makes sense for once. (Hero tries cool shit that doesn't always work out) I will have more in the months to come!
Sounds like a fun read!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Did anyone get a chance to read the book? I'm starving for feedback ovah here! What did you like about it? Where do you think I could do better? Help me hone my craft so I can do this for a living!

Thanks! 🍻

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Did anyone get a chance to read the book? I'm starving for feedback ovah here! What did you like about it? Where do you think I could do better? Help me hone my craft so I can do this for a living!

Thanks! 🍻
Still not done yet, but will be happy to give feedback of the constructive type once I finish!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Thanks! 🍻
My Kindle says i'm 40% through, it's all getting rather tense.

Forgot your password?