CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
LTI = Lifetime Inebriation. This is pure genius.

I'm a stout fan myself. Case in point: I wear Guinness pajama pants every night while streaming. ;)

Reactions: ghost53574

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Selling TEST brand beer at CitizenCon, PAX, and other gaming conventions is a fantastic promotion idea, but getting around the whole alcohol sales license might be a pain in the ass. We might need to look into it.

Also, for getting TEST brand beer made, maybe another internal pledge drive could be in the works to help get it started?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Stouts and Porters are the way to go. But I support all beers, so if you brew, I will drink it.

Reactions: Agent_Mothman

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Selling TEST brand beer at CitizenCon, PAX, and other gaming conventions is a fantastic promotion idea, but getting around the whole alcohol sales license might be a pain in the ass. We might need to look into it.

Also, for getting TEST brand beer made, maybe another internal pledge drive could be in the works to help get it started?
Give it away, accept "donations". Has worked for me at many of the events I have done. Some of the events I have put on have had 1000+ people. Kegs and kegs of Oregon's Finest we're "given away". There is usually a loophole, you just have to look hard enough ;)

@SeungRyul Agreed that this is Sticky Material.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Interesting.

I'm planning on brewing hard cider today. The wife is thinking of getting that 5 gallon setup much sooner
Mmm, it is that time of year for sure ! Do you ever drink it warm ? My pops used to make an "Oregon Hard" and would serve it up warmed right off the Stove. Usually when we were hunting and camping up on the Mountain.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz

Test Ginger Beer?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
when I was in junior high we brewed alcoholic root beer in my buddy's garage

Hires root beer extract, yeast, sugar, water, time

those were the days...

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
Mmm, it is that time of year for sure ! Do you ever drink it warm ? My pops used to make an "Oregon Hard" and would serve it up warmed right off the Stove. Usually when we were hunting and camping up on the Mountain.
Warm hard cider with a cinnamon stick steeped in it........A nice way to get black-out drunk.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I picked up an extract to do just that, I will brew it in 2 weeks.
Awesome. So awesome. When I move back home, I will be getting into brewing a bit me thinks. All this beer talk has got me going. Also, living in Portland, Oregon has a serious advantage. This is easily still the "Micro-Brew Capitol of the Wor... Well America at least".

SOURCES (At first I thought I might have been making this shit up, turns out PDX is pretty much the place for brewing beer:

http://www.mytravelflavor.com/top-10-beer-cities-in-the-world/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/08/0808_oregonbrewing.html

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090901084206AA2CCWH

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Awesome. So awesome. When I move back home, I will be getting into brewing a bit me thinks. All this beer talk has got me going. Also, living in Portland, Oregon has a serious advantage. This is easily still the "Micro-Brew Capitol of the Wor... Well America at least".

SOURCES (At first I thought I might have been making this shit up, turns out PDX is pretty much the place for brewing beer:

http://www.mytravelflavor.com/top-10-beer-cities-in-the-world/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/08/0808_oregonbrewing.html

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090901084206AA2CCWH
San Diego would like a word with you...

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
So i got an answer from one of the breweries.

A carton with 24 bottles is 40 € + shipping with a custom label. Now this is only the price for 1 carton. The brewmaster says it will get cheaper the more i order.

I will order it, to test quality, but i need a photoshop master who can design a label. i tried it but i horribly failed.

The size of the label has to be 105 x 74 mm. And it will need some official information on it e.g. how much alcohol is in it and the quantity of beer and stuff like that.

I try to summon Loteus, maybe he is willing to design a logo. But anybody with descent photoshop skills can throw in some ideas.

The bottle is designed like that:

and i was thinking of a logo like that:

Where the face is there should be written "LTI" in big letters, above "Lifetime Inebriation" and on the banner "Premium TEST Brew", at least that's how i would design it. And above that it should be mixed with our Test Squadron Logo.

Now this is only an idea.

Oh and the sort of beer is called "Helles"

This sort is tasty and at the same time doesn't offend non-german beer drinkers. (I hope i don't offend anyone with that statement, taste is different from person to person, and in my various occasions i was out of the country, beer always tasted much lighter)

Forgot your password?