TEST Brew

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
So i got an answer from one of the breweries.

A carton with 24 bottles is 40 € + shipping with a custom label. Now this is only the price for 1 carton. The brewmaster says it will get cheaper the more i order.

I will order it, to test quality, but i need a photoshop master who can design a label. i tried it but i horribly failed.

The size of the label has to be 105 x 74 mm. And it will need some official information on it e.g. how much alcohol is in it and the quantity of beer and stuff like that.

I try to summon Loteus, maybe he is willing to design a logo. But anybody with descent photoshop skills can throw in some ideas.

The bottle is designed like that:

and i was thinking of a logo like that:

Where the face is there should be written "LTI" in big letters, above "Lifetime Inebriation" and on the banner "Premium TEST Brew", at least that's how i would design it. And above that it should be mixed with our Test Squadron Logo.

Now this is only an idea.

Oh and the sort of beer is called "Helles"

This sort is tasty and at the same time doesn't offend non-german beer drinkers. (I hope i don't offend anyone with that statement, taste is different from person to person, and in my various occasions i was out of the country, beer always tasted much lighter)
I'll give it a shot, myself, but I've got class tonight after work, so if someone else beats me to the punch, oh well.

Also, is there any place I can either get a vector format of the TEST logo?

Markarthian

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Markarthian
I'm loving this idea! Also, I like the type of beer you picked @chrizz. While I do like beers with a little more alcohol than usual, I suggest we aim for 4.2% for obvious reasons ;)

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Wow...looks like he did exactly what you were talking about, right down to the name, and even got the Chairman himself a bottle.

Uncanny.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz

there's some proof in case anyone doubts ;)

now, should we aim for another label/logo?

Loteus is already designing a "LTI" label but i guess we could change that easily....

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Please do come up with a name, it'll help me figure out what the label should look like.

Yellowdog

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Yellowdog
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this one. I figured i should let someone know before we got them made.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
wow

didn't know "LTI" brew was already out there, i swear. it was just a lame idea in TEST RSI chat.

but who cares. credits to Beer4TheBeerGood coming up with this idea, too.
Grrrrr goons.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
"Lifetime Inebriation" has a better ring to it if anything, but yeah, if we try to continue with calling the TEST beer "LTI", we won't hear the end of "Goons did it first!" and nobody wants that. ;)

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
"Lifetime Inebriation" has a better ring to it if anything, but yeah, if we try to continue with calling the TEST beer "LTI", we won't hear the end of "Goons did it first!" and nobody wants that. ;)
Then, how about we just name our beers after the ships?

Aurora Ale

300iPA

Hornet Heff

Reclaimer Stout - A beer so dark, you won't realize you're getting slagg'd

The M50 - get the lightest, most refreshing beer you can find, and then add Vodka

LN Lager - A more refined beer for a more refined Aurora pilot.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I like where this is going. I think we're officially at the point where we need someone with some graphic design skills to get this done.

Reactions: rogesh

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
It should be named Banu 45

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane