TEST EWAR Support Squadron (Name Pending)

TEST EWAR Support Squadron a good idea?

• Total voters

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
This is why:

A fair reason, I'm sure that something like a nerdy bee hacking a computer or similar would be a different enough image, but I could quite understand if people wanted to avoid it.

Generally speaking I agree that ewar would come under a Combat Division, I think the art of EWAR will be different enough from general combat/bombing to require a dedicated squad, even if most of thier actions would be 1 ship assigned to a combat group from other squads. It simply helps to have a place where people can focus on one combat type and learn from each other.

Reactions: Soven Taliesyn

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Given the whole Goonswarm thing you'll also need to consider test is a name 9f an alliance in Eve Online. Though with the name and logo I think more of a crash test dummy.
TEST here and TEST in Eve share a common name but nothing more. There are many TEST clans/orgs/guilds/etc spread across many online games.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
That is exactly my point in relation to any sort of bee reference. Who cares of it is similar to something in Eve.
It seems to be a matter of not confusing potential members and making sure that we differentiate ourselves to enough of a degree that people don't automatically associate us with something else.

Bees = Goonswarm for a lot of people. And Goons = something awful forums. The Goons aren't exclusive to EvE and they carry a reputation.

The guys from EvE TEST are just the guys in EvE TEST. I played EvE for years and I never even heard of them until Montoya pointed out that the two groups are not affiliated beyond the name. (If there are other TEST groups then it would appear that they are all pretty isolated from each other outside of the Reddit origination).

With that being said, I'm not voting against BEEs being the division acronym. I don't have any plans to extensively partake in this part of the game so I'll leave the division creation to the people that will. I believe that if we want to have Yellow Jackets AND Bees as our specialized/dedicated teams then we are more than prepared to create a unique image and identity for ourselves.

Reactions: MzHartz

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
How about B.E.E.S Battlefield Entertainment & Electronic Sabotage.

Fits the black and yellow theme, only a letter away froom beer, and when command wants an emp attack they can yell "release the bees!"

Entertainment could be swapped with espionage I guess...
Also only one letter away from beers, which is wayyy better than just one beer!

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Don't think TEST Alliance has been around for a long time like goons. But if you've ever watched the alliance tournament you may have seen them in there. I myself was apart of Atlas Alliance when they were a pretty big force themselves. Most people I'm sure have never heard of them either.

All I'm really trying to say is that we shouldn't think of this game like eve and just be us. The only group that doesn't care about how bad we are because everyone has either had too much to drink or still hung over from a few days ago. We'll blot out the sun with our starter ships and we'll all die gloriously as we set the sky ablaze with our corpses. No better way to differentiate ourselves from anyone else.

:Dtl:dr - need more starter ships and more beer

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Yeah, Bees sounds good especially since we already have the yellowjackets.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Yeah, Bees sounds good especially since we already have the yellowjackets.
I think I got this one in the bag and I think it fits more. We don't need competing insects, we just need more accessories to our own enjoyment.

B.E.E.R.Squad

- Battlefield Electronic Entertainment Ruination Squad

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
those sound more like codenames
This is why:

Warning incoming hate rant about goons...

Oh please don't start this shit. I will fucking leave this corp if I hear more shit about goons. They are the friggin dirtiest thing in gaming history. they ruined the game EVE and if they ever come here they will ruin it here too. They are such bads examples of how to play a game its not even funny. I remember back in 2005 before they were around (but was in corp with - will not name leadership-) and i got into a fight about how stupid it is, to increase TAXES to 100% during a ingame WAR, to force players to participate. Most of us at the time were stupid and did just that. But when you look at it, we lost the right to play the game the way we had intended to have fun playing it. the game became a chore to do other people's dirty work. I would log on, hoping the war is over so I can have some fun, only to have to sit through a 12 hour grind-fest of listening to people that act immature non-stop and then get griefed by a FC who orders his own guys to kill him cause he "strayed" from the chores - and wanted to either log off or do something else, like go and have fun.

That corp - represents everything I hate, in life, in a game, mentally, physically, they just make me sick. If you knew the person who leads them, and how he is, in person, OMFG, you would lose all respect for anything slightly associated with them. Its too bad his brain couldn't find something meaningful and productive to do, like get a job as a lawyer instead of using the skills to doctor the EULA and barter influence with the direct intention of hurting the commmunity for no better reason then to say "We did it!" The guy is a bully. The whole corp/org/affiliation with them is all about negativity towards others. Breaking rules and doing things outside of what was intended for the games. Some games have been utterly destroyed by them, and it is a VERY large fear they will come and ruin Star Citizen oneday too. If you think Test is large, they're much larger. Wile we pretend to be arseholes in space and brag about drinking beer and crashing Aurora's the truth is, we all love our leader, he is at the very least nuetral if not kind and respective towards other communities, unlike those other guys and thier org/corps leadership.

Its best to just literally lock and delete this thread, after having even mentioned them in it. Not even joking.
Want to know how much of a douche bag they are - shit I have thousands of references. They for instance, expect a donation to join them. One that is equivalent to about 20$ of your money, to join, with the promise they will accept you and anyone. You can follow thier rules and guidelines for it. Once your in, your in. however, the turth is, if you do not have an invitation 0- you get refused and put on a blacklist for applying. Then, any other character you have associated with the character on the black list, is banned but will never be told why either. They knew this when they did it, that is was faulty, and on mumble they just laughed and kept it that way, i was not with them per-se but I was with Space monkeys for a few months and with our combined leaderhsip talking about crap like this, goons just laughed. They were laughing at grieving people, newer players, who just joined the game, spend money on a PLEX then donated it, only to get shafted and banned, and then trolled and convo'd like 10x to be laughed at. I am thankful Razor didn't do the same.

There are so many things wrong with the people who lead that group - that every interaction I've had with them and their players, makes me want to throw up a bit inside. I remember being in a system called kakaela once where a real convo broke out that lasted hours, just reading it, 3 GMs trying to ban and warn people in local not to continue or be banned, for someone making death threats to that org. Can you imagine ? they were saying they were going to meet this guy in RL and ..well hurt him.. but so many people , like 200+ we're ignoring the GM's and not giving a crap, because they felt they had to defend something that happened to the guy, who was also new.

Anyways - you know, eveonline was supposed to be sorta like starcitizen, they wanted to crete immersion where you could walk in stations and eventually go to the planet and become a marine and have cross platform viability even. The dream was shattered when Goons decided they would ingame mass - assult jita 4-4, a trade hub station, and burn it., To this day they celebrate having forced the game developers to abandoned a worthwhile goal, made them second guess thier own direction and stop its progress towards completetion, because they amassed 90% of the entire community to just sit there and crash the servers and attack a station and cause so much lag and stress on the equipment that no one else anywhere on the servers, could really do anything.

they have forced so much of thier own iterations - it once became known that if your not a goon - you are literally on the losing side. CCP has tried to find ways to immerse them into the game without destroying it, while trying not to hurt the org, because of its influence, and yet keep all other players playing.. its become practically the only thing that keeps the game moving forward, is patches and expansions revolving around the damage that org/corp has gone and done. Its really not funny, this is all a slight exaggeration in the least - but, in reality is not far from the truths, there is just also much more going on as well. but - we do not need them in this game, or any reference to them, they will cause harm. They will also halt progress. They will tie alot of resources for game development into dealing with the aftermath of them and whatever they decide to do, to prove they can do it. i bet its a great org/corp to be with, if you are morally bankrupt, and get satisfaction from nothing more then harassing others and benefiting from it.

I could type all day about how much i personally believe they are the worst thing for any community/game ever.. but I will leave it here, which is about as short as I can make it..

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
A fair reason, I'm sure that something like a nerdy bee hacking a computer or similar would be a different enough image, but I could quite understand if people wanted to avoid it.

Generally speaking I agree that ewar would come under a Combat Division, I think the art of EWAR will be different enough from general combat/bombing to require a dedicated squad, even if most of thier actions would be 1 ship assigned to a combat group from other squads. It simply helps to have a place where people can focus on one combat type and learn from each other.
man...I could really get into this...just AVOID THEM LIKE THE LAG!(or Plague..same thing right ??)

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
Warning incoming hate rant about goons...

Oh please don't start this shit. I will fucking leave this corp if I hear more shit about goons. They are the friggin dirtiest thing in gaming history. they ruined the game EVE and if they ever come here they will ruin it here too. They are such bads examples of how to play a game its not even funny. I remember back in 2005 before they were around (but was in corp with - will not name leadership-) and i got into a fight about how stupid it is, to increase TAXES to 100% during a ingame WAR, to force players to participate. Most of us at the time were stupid and did just that. But when you look at it, we lost the right to play the game the way we had intended to have fun playing it. the game became a chore to do other people's dirty work. I would log on, hoping the war is over so I can have some fun, only to have to sit through a 12 hour grind-fest of listening to people that act immature non-stop and then get griefed by a FC who orders his own guys to kill him cause he "strayed" from the chores - and wanted to either log off or do something else, like go and have fun.

That corp - represents everything I hate, in life, in a game, mentally, physically, they just make me sick. If you knew the person who leads them, and how he is, in person, OMFG, you would lose all respect for anything slightly associated with them. Its too bad his brain couldn't find something meaningful and productive to do, like get a job as a lawyer instead of using the skills to doctor the EULA and barter influence with the direct intention of hurting the commmunity for no better reason then to say "We did it!" The guy is a bully. The whole corp/org/affiliation with them is all about negativity towards others. Breaking rules and doing things outside of what was intended for the games. Some games have been utterly destroyed by them, and it is a VERY large fear they will come and ruin Star Citizen oneday too. If you think Test is large, they're much larger. Wile we pretend to be arseholes in space and brag about drinking beer and crashing Aurora's the truth is, we all love our leader, he is at the very least nuetral if not kind and respective towards other communities, unlike those other guys and thier org/corps leadership.

Its best to just literally lock and delete this thread, after having even mentioned them in it. Not even joking.
Want to know how much of a douche bag they are - shit I have thousands of references. They for instance, expect a donation to join them. One that is equivalent to about 20$ of your money, to join, with the promise they will accept you and anyone. You can follow thier rules and guidelines for it. Once your in, your in. however, the turth is, if you do not have an invitation 0- you get refused and put on a blacklist for applying. Then, any other character you have associated with the character on the black list, is banned but will never be told why either. They knew this when they did it, that is was faulty, and on mumble they just laughed and kept it that way, i was not with them per-se but I was with Space monkeys for a few months and with our combined leaderhsip talking about crap like this, goons just laughed. They were laughing at grieving people, newer players, who just joined the game, spend money on a PLEX then donated it, only to get shafted and banned, and then trolled and convo'd like 10x to be laughed at. I am thankful Razor didn't do the same.

There are so many things wrong with the people who lead that group - that every interaction I've had with them and their players, makes me want to throw up a bit inside. I remember being in a system called kakaela once where a real convo broke out that lasted hours, just reading it, 3 GMs trying to ban and warn people in local not to continue or be banned, for someone making death threats to that org. Can you imagine ? they were saying they were going to meet this guy in RL and ..well hurt him.. but so many people , like 200+ we're ignoring the GM's and not giving a crap, because they felt they had to defend something that happened to the guy, who was also new.

Anyways - you know, eveonline was supposed to be sorta like starcitizen, they wanted to crete immersion where you could walk in stations and eventually go to the planet and become a marine and have cross platform viability even. The dream was shattered when Goons decided they would ingame mass - assult jita 4-4, a trade hub station, and burn it., To this day they celebrate having forced the game developers to abandoned a worthwhile goal, made them second guess thier own direction and stop its progress towards completetion, because they amassed 90% of the entire community to just sit there and crash the servers and attack a station and cause so much lag and stress on the equipment that no one else anywhere on the servers, could really do anything.

they have forced so much of thier own iterations - it once became known that if your not a goon - you are literally on the losing side. CCP has tried to find ways to immerse them into the game without destroying it, while trying not to hurt the org, because of its influence, and yet keep all other players playing.. its become practically the only thing that keeps the game moving forward, is patches and expansions revolving around the damage that org/corp has gone and done. Its really not funny, this is all a slight exaggeration in the least - but, in reality is not far from the truths, there is just also much more going on as well. but - we do not need them in this game, or any reference to them, they will cause harm. They will also halt progress. They will tie alot of resources for game development into dealing with the aftermath of them and whatever they decide to do, to prove they can do it. i bet its a great org/corp to be with, if you are morally bankrupt, and get satisfaction from nothing more then harassing others and benefiting from it.

I could type all day about how much i personally believe they are the worst thing for any community/game ever.. but I will leave it here, which is about as short as I can make it..
New game: first one who says this all in one breath doesn't have to drink 2 pints of vodka. everyone else does. (except for me cuz im special)

Forgot your password?