TEST Fleet

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Thanks brother. :) So, that is your fleet?? Wow, pretty impressive fleet you got there - including a Conny and a Tally as well? I always thought you are owning dogfighters only :cool:

My fleet is way smaller:

(...all LTI).
But as I thought it over and over again I came to the conclusion that I never will be a hunter. Instead I will go on small trading runs, make some money with refining and mining and/or will assist/participate in case of convoy actions.

P.S.: the Reliant LTI probably will go over to my second account which I've reserved...for whatever case. Perhaps a second family member wants to join in or else :)

Reactions: witchkittie

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I always thought you are owning dogfighters only
Well, I got the Aquila and Freelancer to earn me some money besides fighting. The Freelancer became a MIS, that classifies her as a missile boat, Katyusha. The Tally Base is classified as a fighter, not dog, but still, actually I plan to use her as a cargo transporter....:D, a transported for dangerous goods in dangerous places.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The Tally has cargo space? I always thought she is full with tornado babys.

I will test the Gladiator in the upcoming weeks. Perhaps we can fly some VS coop missions @marcsand2 I will contact you via Discord or via pm here.

I'm thinking about to melt the Reliant and buy the Gladiator when she will be available again; or at least buying a CCU just to hold the option. But first, as I said, I will have to test her fighting abilities within VS.
Reason is that I not fully satisfied with the fighting abilities of the 350R and I'm lack of one single fighting vessel. But I'm unsure what may be the right choice. I will also re-(re-)check the Avenger.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The Tally has cargo space? I always thought she is full with tornado babys.

I will test the Gladiator in the upcoming weeks. Perhaps we can fly some VS coop missions @marcsand2 I will contact you via Discord or via pm here.

I'm thinking about to melt the Reliant and buy the Gladiator when she will be available again; or at least buying a CCU just to hold the option. But first, as I said, I will have to test her fighting abilities within VS.
Reason is that I not fully satisfied with the fighting abilities of the 350R and I'm lack of one single fighting vessel. But I'm unsure what may be the right choice. I will also re-(re-)check the Avenger.
Hmmm, somehow I missed your post!!!!!

You can replace the front torpedo module with a cargo, living or dropship module. You can replace the rear torpedo module with a cargo or living module, turning your bomber into a passenger ship, cargo ship or even dropship.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Ah, okay. Interesting - but however no choice for me.
Did I mention that I "buy backed" the Avenger? I have to re-test this space pengiun :D

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ah, okay. Interesting - but however no choice for me.
Did I mention that I "buy backed" the Avenger? I have to re-test this space pengiun :D
Yesterday I have flown the 325A and the Avenger. 325A with 2x CF117 and a GT220, 4 missiles, the Avenger with 2x CF117, TigerStreik and 6 missiles.
Both are another league. The 325 is good at hit and run, zoom and boom, speed is its advantage although not so fast as the 350R, which will be a drawback in PvP. The Avenger is a good light dogfighter against light NPCs,
Since you like and can handle the 350R I guess you are more the zoom and boom, hit and run, cat and mouse fighter. A Sabre maybe??? Did you ever tried the Aegis? Aegis is in the same class as Avenger, only more missiles, more speed, more agile, lighter nose gun.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I tried the Sabre, feels okay; but I don't like her. Personal issues, because everybody rides on her. Being a human, I would call her "bitch". So my search continues for the ultimate "anti-Sabre-solution". But currently, there is no really opponent. As written before, the best encounter within a 1:1 dogfight against a Sabre I had with the 350R. At the end, those damn paper-like shields of the 350R got me down. But things will change, and the Sabre won't stay a dogfighting machine as she currently is - my suggestion. Its designed as a stealth hit&run spaceship, not a stealth fight&destroy ;)

In my opinion, there is a hole in the current line-up of ships, because there's no real 100% dogfighting vessel - except, CIG decides to cancel the "stealth"-feature of the Sabre. The Gladius is good for starters, but way too fragile. The Cutlass is no dogfighter imho; and for sure with no glimbse of a chance against a Sabre. Perhaps the Buc can fill in this hole. Thats the reason I'm holding her in buy back.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I tried the Sabre, feels okay; but I don't like her. Personal issues, because everybody rides on her. Being a human, I would call her "bitch". So my search continues for the ultimate "anti-Sabre-solution". But currently, there is no really opponent. As written before, the best encounter within a 1:1 dogfight against a Sabre I had with the 350R. At the end, those damn paper-like shields of the 350R got me down. But things will change, and the Sabre won't stay a dogfighting machine as she currently is - my suggestion. Its designed as a stealth hit&run spaceship, not a stealth fight&destroy ;)

In my opinion, there is a hole in the current line-up of ships, because there's no real 100% dogfighting vessel - except, CIG decides to cancel the "stealth"-feature of the Sabre. The Gladius is good for starters, but way too fragile. The Cutlass is no dogfighter imho; and for sure with no glimbse of a chance against a Sabre. Perhaps the Buc can fill in this hole. Thats the reason I'm holding her in buy back.
I don't fly the Sabre allot, she is just dust eating. The Super Hornet also is to win fast, not to have fun.
If you don't like the Sabre or the SuperHornet, then you will have a challenge.
ultra light:
- P-52
- P-72
- M50
light:
- Delta
- Gladius
- Avenger
- Reliant
- 300 series
medium:
- Buccaneer
- Super Hornet
- Sabre
heavy:
- Vanguard

multi role:
- Dragonfly
- Aurora
- Herald???
- Cutlass
- Gladiator
- Freelancer
- Constellation
- Redeemer
- Retaliator

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Talking about dogfighting capabilities, no one of those ships - which are flight ready currently! - can meet the Sabre at eye level; imho.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Talking about dogfighting capabilities, no one of those ships - which are flight ready currently! - can meet the Sabre at eye level; imho.
Do you remember our flight school session? The fight against Julu? He couldn't keep up with the Delta and the Delta didn't had any effective shields at that time. If you can get close enough to a Sabre, it is possible to out manoeuvre it. After that I learned allot and went toe to toe with another Sabre. Damn rattlers killed me before I could come close, but the last run he didn't had any rattlers anymore. A Sabre isn't a close quarters dogfighter, it is a medium range fighter. If you can exploit its weakness, then you might stand a chance.
I think that a Gladius or Avenger also are agile enough to outmaneuver the Sabre. The light guns make it a hard job to rip through the shields first before any hull damage can be done.
A smart Sabre would try to keep it's distance. Against the Delta that shouldn't be a problem, Avenger or Gladius are harder to outrun.
The Hornet is simply too sluggish against a Sabre, it may be a tank but it can't outmanoeuvre or outrun the Sabre , so its armor will get ripped to pieces and it can't run away.
Only one option left for the Hornet: head straight for the Sabre using evasive actions to avoid incoming fire and open up all guns when close enough. The Sabre may choose to back off, the Hornet can't, one-way ticket until the Sabre is gone.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
More flight school needed. I been flying around in a hornet lately and it is a very effective weapon. A guy I was tussling "with said do you wanna have a go of the sabre" so we stopped, swapped, and wow. The saber is SO much more agile than the hornet, less drift, faster turn rates. And compared to my hornet set up it has one extra S3 gun! He had it set up with lasers but for me 4 x S3 fixed ballistics would be my loadout.

Lovely. I may have to get one one day :D

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
More flight school needed. I been flying around in a hornet lately and it is a very effective weapon. A guy I was tussling "with said do you wanna have a go of the sabre" so we stopped, swapped, and wow. The saber is SO much more agile than the hornet, less drift, faster turn rates. And compared to my hornet set up it has one extra S3 gun! He had it set up with lasers but for me 4 x S3 fixed ballistics would be my loadout.

Lovely. I may have to get one one day :D
After flight school the madness began and I felt that I needed a tougher fighter, I bought the Sabre. I barely fly it :p

Forgot your password?