TEST has 17,678 members... but how many Crew will we need?

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Yeah, but with all that taken into account, how many crew would you need, max crew, to take your own personal fleet out. Say for instance TEST HQ was under seige by ADI and you had to move every single one of your ships at once... How many crew would you need min/max? 🙂
Let’s just take a moment to pretend that ADI are a credible threat...

Top Frogger

Admiral
Donor
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Praesul
First, the only ship you need is the Aurora. Second, you can't fly all your ships at once so I'm not sure you've calculated your minimum crew requirements correctly. Third, you don't have to hire PCs or NPCs, you can automate some stuff like turrets with computer AI. Third, what is it you really want to do in SC? I plan to be a medic/doctor and that means I won't be running a ship unless no one has a crew position available, which, looking at your post, I highly doubt will be a problem.
I have an Apollo.

Welcome aboard, clearly certified Doctor o7

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Given those numbers you probably wouldn't need mints since you'd be chain smoking polls all day long. Athough you could get a small order of mints for unexpected occasions you aren't and they'd last you a long time.
I’m pretty sure we should be in charge of all TEST’s promotional and induction material from this point forward.

“Welcome to TEST. You’ll need these.”

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Let’s just take a moment to pretend that ADI are a credible threat...
That is the deal we have running with them, after all.

We pretend they are a credible threat and they pretend applying for a certificate to fly your own ship wasn't an idea so daft that a member of TEST could have come up with it 😉

Other ideas that TESTies could pitch to ADI for their everyday Org running:

- Getting a form signed in triplicate by the four most senior members of ADI to be allowed to turn your own computer on.

- Launching a petition requiring 20,000 signatures that the Arena Commander "Battle Royale" be renamed to "Battle Royal" as the additional 'e' makes it seem like what the French call a Quater-pounder with cheese, as observed in Reservoir Dogs.

- Any ship that has a toilet will not be permitted to fly without one of the pre-flight checks being that there is enough toilet roll aboard for the journey. If not enough, a 809-rh-2 form will need to be filled out not only to requisition the required bumwad but also to place a strike on their permanent record.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
That is the deal we have running with them, after all.

We pretend they are a credible threat and they pretend applying for a certificate to fly your own ship wasn't an idea so daft that a member of TEST could have come up with it 😉

Other ideas that TESTies could pitch to ADI for their everyday Org running:

- Getting a form signed in triplicate by the four most senior members of ADI to be allowed to turn your own computer on.

- Launching a petition requiring 20,000 signatures that the Arena Commander "Battle Royale" be renamed to "Battle Royal" as the additional 'e' makes it seem like what the French call a Quater-pounder with cheese, as observed in Reservoir Dogs.

- Any ship that has a toilet will not be permitted to fly without one of the pre-flight checks being that there is enough toilet roll aboard for the journey. If not enough, a 809-rh-2 form will need to be filled out not only to requisition the required bumwad but also to place a strike on their permanent record.
Just think about how much more effective they could be if only they had more bureaucracy.

ADI. Line up to be drilled with military precision, and then collect your tape measure to ensure the correct aperture has been achieved.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
There is no way I'd store every one of my ships in the same place, you never put all your eggs in one basket. If you need to move your fleet, it's probably cheaper to hire a mover rather than try to do it yourself. I only need myself to move my Aurora from TEST HQ and finally, I'd be more help healing downed Yellowjackets in a fight against ADI than trying to blast them myself. I realize my answers don't work for some, but I'm not going to get into speculating how many NPCs I need to move my fleet if I hire one per ship because I prefer not to talk about my hangar, that's how people end up getting hacked.

If you need a medic on one of your vessels and our glorious leader doesn't need me for concierge medicine, I'll be happy to patch up TESTies.
Might wanna remove your fleet from your profile here then ;P

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
You can always sell ships and make a mountain of credits, but there should be a way to rent your ships out to make some credits instead of your fleet just being a bunch of hangar queens.

...and that is where the real pay2win will happen.
Yep, I am pretty neutral on pay to win because I understand both sides of the equation (time = $).

People with ships that can make money but have a high initial investment cost should reliably be able to lease/rent out the ship, ships like the Orion, Crucible, Endeavor, Reclaimer etc.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Perhaps the insurance timers will aid in this somewhat too. While I'm waiting for an insurance claim to come through, I can help you destroy your ship.

Forgot your password?