Test in GTA5?

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Finally got the chance to setup GTA. Could import my lvl 21 char from console but decided to go a different route this time

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Had a great run on-line last night. This game is epic!

Has anyone else experienced a vastly improved frame rate from running in Windowed Full screen.

I'm running 2 x AMD HD7970 and cannot set post processing above high in combo with MSAA. I have to turn off MSAA (nope) or lower post processing until I can't use DOF. Also have graphical artifacts in the lower right corner, frames chugging.

Turning to Windowed Full Screen fixed frame rate issues. I will test the post pro and msaa settings again in this mode tonight.

Try it and let me know.

Thanks.

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
That's one of the first things I set, as I alt+tab out often and it's just much more seamless with windowed fullscreen, so I can't say if there's a difference.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I've been using windowed borderless in every game that has the option. It's just so much smoother/faster for everything.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Chairman Meow

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Chabby
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the game overlay (minimap/chat?) I'm a sucker for pictures in this game but miss a lot of chances with all that filling up the screen save for mission starts/endings.

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the game overlay (minimap/chat?) I'm a sucker for pictures in this game but miss a lot of chances with all that filling up the screen save for mission starts/endings.

You could try recording sessions ingame with the editor, it should let you hide those elements.

Reactions: Chairman Meow

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
There's a few error in the "inspired by" column. The list is also not complete. I found a car inspired by the Sesto Elemento in game. Just parked in a garage, not even locked. It's called the Zentorno, I believe.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
There's a few error in the "inspired by" column. The list is also not complete. I found a car inspired by the Sesto Elemento in game. Just parked in a garage, not even locked. It's called the Zentorno, I believe.
it's not locked!?!

where!? WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!

Oh... I think you mean in single player... then yeah, I have it too... I was thinking "locked" as in tracker enabled and "too hot to mod" or store in your garage...

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I haven't played the single player at all, but have been playing a ton of the multiplayer (been running a whole lot of Heists). Having lots of fun, though the sheer amount of technical issues is a real bummer, and starting to burn me out a bit. Feel free to add me, JayB237.

Interesting, you shouldn't be able to steal that. Was this in the online version or the story mode? I have a Zentorno as well, though I bought it. Hella fun car to drive, I've been using it as my main car (when I don't need something that carries 4).

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
Also, Rockstar Support leaves a whole lot to be desired. Have had a ticket open with them for over a week that has yet to get any sort of response. Incredibly annoying since it's an issue which is denying me access to one of my favorite vehicles.

Forgot your password?