TEST Infinity Squad Interest/Discussion Thread

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Just gonna jump on this real quick. IMINT is the actual acronym used by the military. If you try to put IMGINT in, Google wishes to correct you.

Edit: Or I could just read what Faenrir wrote, derp.
We'll probably go with IMINT, then. We'll see. I'm more or less thinking about alternate names for Infinity Squad, right now.

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
Really Super Team Awesome? It sounds like something a drink person would say, and it lines up with the same acronym for reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
SIGINT is the standard abbreviation for signals intelligence.

IMGINT is not the correct term and should be listed as IMINT as Faenrir stated.

SPEC is not an actual abbreviation. Special Operations is abbreviated as SO, SOF, or falls under SOCOM.

Celestial Cartography doesn't have an official abbreviation as far as I know, so CELINT it up if you want, but you really should use standardized abbreviations otherwise.

Experience: Long time military brat and DoD employee.

Reactions: Faenrir and Spyro

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
SIGINT is the standard abbreviation for signals intelligence.

IMGINT is not the correct term and should be listed as IMINT as Faenrir stated.

SPEC is not an actual abbreviation. Special Operations is abbreviated as SO, SOF, or falls under SOCOM.

Celestial Cartography doesn't have an official abbreviation as far as I know, so CELINT it up if you want, but you really should use standardized abbreviations otherwise.

Experience: Long time military brat and DoD employee.
I'm quite aware. I don't do all my research, but when I do, I try to be accurate. The reason I used "SPEC" is to indicate SPECIALIZATION. Not Special Operations. It's a way for people to distinguish their skillsets.

Faenrir

Lieutenant
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Faenrir
We'll probably go with IMINT, then. We'll see. I'm more or less thinking about alternate names for Infinity Squad, right now.
That's two conditions met...

I sense you think I'm a total cunt - and you'd be correct - but I'm still willing to help if you ask nicely.

I've got loads more 'INT's' for you if you're interested... But now you have to call me 'Golden Flaming Dragon'.

If you're running this like a real 'Intel' outfit (should be 'INT' but I'll let you off as you're Murican) then I hope you like PowerPoint...

Keep calm and Pew the fuck on!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
That's two conditions met...

I sense you think I'm a total cunt - and you'd be correct - but I'm still willing to help if you ask nicely.

I've got loads more 'INT's' for you if you're interested... But now you have to call me 'Golden Flaming Dragon'.

If you're running this like a real 'Intel' outfit (should be 'INT' but I'll let you off as you're Murican) then I hope you like PowerPoint...

Keep calm and Pew the fuck on!
It's not necessarily an intel outfit, but something to help coordinate necessary intel-related jobs, as well as develop TEST members' skills. That said, Montoya doesn't want us to get ahead of ourselves when it comes to establishing squads, because there's two kinds of squads: the first kind is the sort where you learn from the people in it, and become an invaluable asset to TEST; the second kind is the sort of squad that just shitdicks around and tries to get their own way.

I'll let you guess which type Montoya would prefer.

Faenrir

Lieutenant
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Faenrir
It's not necessarily an intel outfit, but something to help coordinate necessary intel-related jobs,
Wow cupcake - you've blown my mind - so you coordinate intelligence related activities but you aren't an intelligence organization..? That's cray... Turning information into something actionable like an effect is what the world of intelligence is all about.

there's two kinds of squads: the first kind is the sort where you learn from the people in it, and become an invaluable asset to TEST; the second kind is the sort of squad that just shitdicks around and tries to get their own way.
That's funny - I've offered to help you a couple of times and you may have guessed I've a little bit of experience in this area which you don't seem to want.. It's cool though bro - was only trying to help your ideas develop plus I'm a massive shit dick who likes to dick around in the shit so I'm probably not suitable for your little squad.

Quick thought on leadership though fella - people will follow you if they like you which in turn has a lot to do with charisma. It's difficult to be charismatic on the interweb but somehow you've managed to be uncharismatic and even a little serious / bossy.

I'll let you guess which type Montoya would prefer.
What the fuck is a Montoya..?

Pew fucking Pew.

The Golden Flamingg Fuckstick.

Basement.jpg

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Carrack, Herald, maybe even DUR would team up nicely.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Wow cupcake - you've blown my mind - so you coordinate intelligence related activities but you aren't an intelligence organization..? That's cray... Turning information into something actionable like an effect is what the world of intelligence is all about.

That's funny - I've offered to help you a couple of times and you may have guessed I've a little bit of experience in this area which you don't seem to want.. It's cool though bro - was only trying to help your ideas develop plus I'm a massive shit dick who likes to dick around in the shit so I'm probably not suitable for your little squad.

Quick thought on leadership though fella - people will follow you if they like you which in turn has a lot to do with charisma. It's difficult to be charismatic on the interweb but somehow you've managed to be uncharismatic and even a little serious / bossy.

Pew fucking Pew.

The Golden Flamingg Fuckstick.

View attachment 585

I smell a spai. Probably from the FORPORATION. Probably trying to disrupt our activities, but, really, I mean, come on... did they have to send someone with severe special needs? Or is this a big joke by Blorp? Like, they're playing a joke on this poor soul... Her was really excited to be sent on a "super special" mission to break up TEST, or something.

Faenrir

Lieutenant
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Faenrir
Is that aimed at me..? Literally no idea what you mean by that mate.

Making fun of people with 'severe special needs' though - you nasty man you...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I like this guy!

Every so often an internet Alpha wonders in and attempts to establish himself by waving his giant dick.

Lets consider this your entrance, congrats, you are #1, king of the hill. the big cheese!

Now that we have established that, lets move along and get back to normal!

Nkato is our special cupcake, do not be offended by anything he says, he is 100% harmless and 100% fixated on this game!

He is also our master Theorycrafter and keeper of the lore!

Save your aggression for our enemies, which are plentiful and stupid!

Welcome to TEST!

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
May the beer fuel you and anger leave you through the barrel of your guns.
Enemy beware, whoever you are. :D

Reactions: Faenrir

Faenrir

Lieutenant
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Faenrir
Haha - have I managed to make a cunt of myself after just a few posts?!? I wasn't even that drunk.

I like this guy!
I like you also hence why I joined TEST.

Maybe it's a cultural thing but I really wasn't trying to alpha anyone here... Was trying to help yer man NKato with his idea but got chinned off - which is fine but when he goes on about learning from others I found it amusing.

Was I really aggressive..? I mean really..? Tell me if I'm wrong but yer man was the one calling us a flaming fuckstick - which I assumed was banter no?

And where I'm from, asking a stupid question with an obvious answer is just a joke - hence the 'what the fuck is a Montoya'...

Sorry if I offended anyone with text on the internet.

Anyways, joined TEST as I assumed 42% more beer would yield 42% more banter. Maybe I was mistaken.

Cheers.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Haha - have I managed to make a cunt of myself after just a few posts?!? I wasn't even that drunk.

I like you also hence why I joined TEST.

Maybe it's a cultural thing but I really wasn't trying to alpha anyone here... Was trying to help yer man NKato with his idea but got chinned off - which is fine but when he goes on about learning from others I found it amusing.

Was I really aggressive..? I mean really..? Tell me if I'm wrong but yer man was the one calling us a flaming fuckstick - which I assumed was banter no?

And where I'm from, asking a stupid question with an obvious answer is just a joke - hence the 'what the fuck is a Montoya'...

Sorry if I offended anyone with text on the internet.

Anyways, joined TEST as I assumed 42% more beer would yield 42% more banter. Maybe I was mistaken.

Cheers.
Apology accepted. We're all a bunch of chill folks, really. Infinity Squad is simply an idea on paper at this time, and I don't want to have it run like a strictly intel-centric squad. That leads to all sorts of bad mindsets.

I speak from personal experience. EVE Online, ya know.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I like this guy!

Every so often an internet Alpha wonders in and attempts to establish himself by waving his giant dick.

Lets consider this your entrance, congrats, you are #1, king of the hill. the big cheese!

Now that we have established that, lets move along and get back to normal!

Nkato is our special cupcake, do not be offended by anything he says, he is 100% harmless and 100% fixated on this game!

He is also our master Theorycrafter and keeper of the lore!

Welcome to TEST!
Am I the only one that read this in Montoya's golden voice?

Reactions: Space Monkey

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Was trying to help yer man NKato with his idea but got chinned off
You will get used to him, he used to rub a lot of people the wrong way, but now TEST would not be the same without him!

Getting pissed off at something Nkato writes is a right of passage here in TEST.

Tell me if I'm wrong but yer man was the one calling us a flaming fuckstick
The only person that uses that kind of language here is Nkato, we just respond with kindness, its a neat trick!

Forgot your password?