TEST Meeting #3 - Strategic Battle Plan

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Welcome to the next TEST Meeting thread. Details at this time are light on when it will be but you can be assured that our GLORIOUS LEADER knows what he is doing(except when he doesn't) and will announce a date for the next one SOON™(ish). As always thank you to those that attended the one Saturday July 25th. There were not many people in that one because it was not really advertised but that WILL change for the next Meetings.

Suggested Plan of Action to make the next Meeting crash Montoya's Twitch channel:

1. We need to have a signature image created for posting on the RSI forum to inform people of when the next meeting is. This needs to be done AT LEAST a month in advance to achieve information saturation in our target audience.

2. Going hand in hand with the forum signature we also need to do some sort of giveaway like our streamers do. The rules would be that you must be present on the channel at the time of giveaway. You must be a backer of course but the giveaway is open to everyone. People will come on just for a chance to win a ship. We want to encourage this. Funds can come from excess forum donations, the Patreon, or something people can pitch in for to get a juicy prize.

3. Obviously this can not take place until Montoya gets his new PC up and running but I would suggest he do at least 1 dry run so we don't have the same problems as this last one when he was trying to get the internet open to show off the new website and it didn't work. DERP. And that also means getting the Bot working again for voting.

4. We need our streamers to advertise this Meeting. Baron, Richard, RJ, etc really need to push this to their viewers once the Meeting date is set so we can get as many people to participate as possible.

5. Meeting Minutes. I don't know if someone is doing this already or not but after each meeting we need to post the Minutes of the meeting as part of our GLORIOUS HISTORY! They should be posted on the forum here and on TGN.

6. Record the Meeting. These are practically interim State of the Squadrons or something like RtV so they need to be recorded and posted to Youtube. This will also let people catch up on events if they missed the meeting.

That's all I've got for that. PLEASE post additional ideas if you have any. I think I've hit on the major ones. This thread will be stuck to the top of the forum here as soon as Montoya sees it so you can also post questions for the next meeting here. This will also be where the Meeting Date will be posted and the forum signature will be if Montoya wants to do that. He can edit this post to his liking.

And I'm hoping to have something written for the next meeting to show off if Montoya does his part first!

Last edited:

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
The minutes would be especially helpful for those of us not in a US time zone. I know the last meeting was at a good time (7pm in UK), but I also realise it won't always be practical for Montoya to stream at a time reasonable for Europeans.

Reactions: Kersakov

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
We really need to link his twitch to youtube (or recorded since its OBS and then uploaded to our server) so it saves the meeting for others later, I keep seeing people saying they missed it and want to watch. Also I think we should take a poll to see if people are ok with a mass message to our forum users 1 hour before the meeting to remind them, this could up our views significantly. And I agree if our streamers throw it out there at the end of their streams even just something as quick as "check out the test meeting *date here* and you could win *prize here*". If I think of more I will post it here.

Reactions: MzHartz

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Also I think we should take a poll to see if people are ok with a mass message to our forum users 1 hour before the meeting to remind them, this could up our views significantly.
I'd definitely be ok with that. I mean, if you've joined TEST then you gotta be interested in org meetings or else why'd you join?

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
#7 - establish the official TEST Squadron drinking game.

Wait... We're TEST. Ergo, we're already drinking, game or not.

Disregard.

Reactions: rogesh and MzHartz

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
I nee d to bring stuff up, but I feel we need a few dry runs before we get to the big time. There were some issues with the stream itself and issues with the organization behind the scenes as well. Many of these things are easily addressed, but we need to discuss them in detail to get things to go more smoothly.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I nee d to bring stuff up, but I feel we need a few dry runs before we get to the big time. There were some issues with the stream itself and issues with the organization behind the scenes as well. Many of these things are easily addressed, but we need to discuss them in detail to get things to go more smoothly.
I wasn't there for the stream, could you elaborate on the issues?

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Couple of volume issues and text-to-speech being on for donations. And some organization with us mods behind the scenes.
As for the text-to-speech it greatly encourages us to donate, we donate a lot just to hear it. That and everyone talking to each other on mumble lose our shit laughing at it lol

Edit: is it possible to put a character limit on donations?

Reactions: o-BHG-o

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
haha. we need Montoya to stick to bullet points or something. That meeting got sidetracked a LOT.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Kahoshi

Lieutenant
May 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Kahoshi
Missed this last one due to eating out with the girlfriend's parents. Which they paid for. Free food is always my highest priority.

Meeting minutes are certainly nice to have for those that could not make it.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Unfortunately, I missed most of the meeting, because of work, so the whole recording, and/or minutes sounds like a great idea.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
As for the text-to-speech it greatly encourages us to donate, we donate a lot just to hear it. That and everyone talking to each other on mumble lose our shit laughing at it lol

Edit: is it possible to put a character limit on donations?
I agree with this, we got more donation through the comedy of TTS.
A character limit would be essential! DOUBLEYOUDOUBLEYOUDOUBLEYOUDOUBLEYOU!!!!

It was hilarious in Mumble for the most. Purposely trying to put Montoya off wasn't.

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I agree with this, we got more donation through the comedy of TTS.
A character limit would be essential! DOUBLEYOUDOUBLEYOUDOUBLEYOUDOUBLEYOU!!!!

It was hilarious in Mumble for the most. Purposely trying to put Montoya off wasn't.
I think no more than 25 characters would be a good place to start and see how it goes.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Did he take the recording offline? Went to go find it but nothing there.

Forgot your password?