marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Sam says no, and Grimbli and Marcsand each have a Polaris? I'm good! I shall keep my fleet!
I'm glad to read this. Its the best (and wise ;) ) decision. :)
Wise choice, I had allot fighters and 2 multi crew ships, now I'm down to one multicrew ship and still have my fighters. I wanted to complete my fleet with a Redeemer, but that is canceled now.
Right now I need crew to play pool on the Polaris :cool: (when it becomes available to fly)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm glad to read this. Its the best (and wise ;) ) decision. :)
:) you talked me off the ledge @Sam! Haha
Wise choice, I had allot fighters and 2 multi crew ships, now I'm down to one multicrew ship and still have my fighters. I wanted to complete my fleet with a Redeemer, but that is canceled now.
Right now I need crew to play pool on the Polaris :cool: (when it becomes available to fly)
I hope we can play pool when it's hangar ready!
I'll be there to drink and play pool!!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I was so hyped up (and tired) after the presentation I almost melted everything and got one. My fleet survived intact. Went to bed at 3am and was up for work at 6am.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Yeah, but how many Auroras can you fit into the Hangar?
Physically I think you could fit 2 or 3 Aurora's in but I suspect it will only have a single Item/Ship anchor point - the 'Verse is not ready for a TEST manned missile Aurora Distribution Unit that can attack without provocation or warning. Think of the Sun's....

'Gimp

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Understanding the danger of using the ship specs data to make a decision, here is part of what helped me decide to pick up a Polaris beyond the fact that I like the look and design concept (especially the hangar) and prefer to get 'something' in exchange for my backing of the development (the jpegs, the sexy, sexy jpegs):

2 X S3 Fixed Mounts (these are the unmanned missile racks, top and bottom amid-ships)
3 x S10 Pylon Mounts (Torpedo Room and 2 magazines)
1 x S5 (dual unmanned turret, assume the forward chin turret)
1 x S4 (dual unmanned turret, assume the lower rear turret)
6 x S4 (dual manned turret, all the fuck over the place)

A forward 'fire everything' barrage would feature DPS from 8 S4 weapons, 2 S5 weapons, 4 at-a-time S9 Torpedo's and an unknown number of S3 missiles. Most other angles appear to be covered by no-less than 4 to 6 S4 weapons.

To quote Sgt. Short from Blue Thunder (1983) - 'And that gentlemen, is one hell of a shit-storm in anybody's language'.

'Gimp

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
Understanding the danger of using the ship specs data to make a decision, here is part of what helped me decide to pick up a Polaris beyond the fact that I like the look and design concept (especially the hangar) and prefer to get 'something' in exchange for my backing of the development (the jpegs, the sexy, sexy jpegs):

2 X S3 Fixed Mounts (these are the unmanned missile racks, top and bottom amid-ships)
3 x S10 Pylon Mounts (Torpedo Room and 2 magazines)
1 x S5 (dual unmanned turret, assume the forward chin turret)
1 x S4 (dual unmanned turret, assume the lower rear turret)
6 x S4 (dual manned turret, all the fuck over the place)

A forward 'fire everything' barrage would feature DPS from 8 S4 weapons, 2 S5 weapons, 4 at-a-time S9 Torpedo's and an unknown number of S3 missiles. Most other angles appear to be covered by no-less than 4 to 6 S4 weapons.

To quote Sgt. Short from Blue Thunder (1983) - 'And that gentlemen, is one hell of a shit-storm in anybody's language'.

'Gimp

I like the rational controlled though process.

Me not so much I just drooled a bit said 'want Star Citizen 9 Defiant'. Then melted everything and bunged in some extra cash to RSI.

Forgot your password?