marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Steering the Tumbril with my rudder pedals felt somehow awkward, so my last modification of the TEST pit

upload_2018-7-27_18-25-25.png

The only problem is that it blocks my keyboard and tablets when doing other stuff the driving, so... I modified the desk clamp, added a hold underneath my keyboard drawer.

Hold
https://imgur.com/a/8HbbdXs

Clamp
https://imgur.com/a/bIgEpbc

Storing
https://imgur.com/a/lIHhzi1

When I don't need the steer, like most of the time, it is stored away  

Now the finishing touch will be to manage the cables, work in progress :grin:

[EDIT] Cable managment

Simple but effective

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The latest update.
  • The top display changed from a 24" to a 27", because... why not, it fits
  • The G13 is now better fixed. It used to be fixed on one side only, but since the left Warthog comes very close to the G13 now, I fixed it from the left and right side
  • The Warthog Throttle now has a Shapeways no-detent mod. I was never aware of the throw between idle position and off position. The total throw now is increased by 20%
  • The top of both side consoles now is an oversized mouse pad, cut to fit, taped to the top with double sided tape.

• I replaced the TrackClip pro transmitter by a UTC Mk II+ wireless transmitter. I'm only trying not to forget to switch it off after use  
  • The UTC Mk II+ only came with some Velcro tape, so I made a simple aluminium mount for the headset.

• I replaced the 2 Warthog bases by 2 Virpil WarBRD bases. That is a really awesome upgrade!!!!
  • The right-handed left-hand Warthog grip is now truly a left-handed grip. When ordering the Virpil WarBRD bases, I was considering a left-handed grip, but the metal Warthog was superior to the Virpil left-handed grips, plus I didn't want the twist of the Delta grip.
  • The thumb button moved from the left side to the right side.
  • The pinky button moved from the left side to the right side.
  • I switched the lower two buttons on top of the grip.

Now I'm waiting for my next mods to arrive

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
well i have an Auto Sit and stand desk. so making apit when i only have a small room just doesn't Make scene right now. ill take some pics once i clean this Horrendous mess of mine. (and all the amazon boxes I Don't know why i horde these dam things.) but its pretty much a 70" X 32" desk with 2 monitors my pc and all the peripherals. but i also use my desk to PC repair as i do have a small side biz dooing that. ( yes your more then welcome to ask me for help if you need it. i do, do remote support, and do have Paypal and Google wallet for payment. no I dont fix things for free its my profession ;) )

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
The latest update.
  • The top display changed from a 24" to a 27", because... why not, it fits
  • The G13 is now better fixed. It used to be fixed on one side only, but since the left Warthog comes very close to the G13 now, I fixed it from the left and right side
  • The Warthog Throttle now has a Shapeways no-detent mod. I was never aware of the throw between idle position and off position. The total throw now is increased by 20%
  • The top of both side consoles now is an oversized mouse pad, cut to fit, taped to the top with double sided tape.
View attachment 12740

View attachment 12741

• I replaced the TrackClip pro transmitter by a UTC Mk II+ wireless transmitter. I'm only trying not to forget to switch it off after use  
  • The UTC Mk II+ only came with some Velcro tape, so I made a simple aluminium mount for the headset.
View attachment 12742
  • I replaced the 2 Warthog bases by 2 Virpil WarBRD bases. That is a really awesome upgrade!!!!
  • The right-handed left-hand Warthog grip is now truly a left-handed grip. When ordering the Virpil WarBRD bases, I was considering a left-handed grip, but the metal Warthog was superior to the Virpil left-handed grips, plus I didn't want the twist of the Delta grip.
  • The thumb button moved from the left side to the right side.
  • The pinky button moved from the left side to the right side.
  • I switched the lower two buttons on top of the grip.
View attachment 12743

View attachment 12744

View attachment 12745

Now I'm waiting for my next mods to arrive
Nice work. a little paint and you would not even know that it was modified but still Nice work.

Gr33nh0use

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gr33nh0use
This whole thread is amazing, great work! Inspiring even!

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

The new FM made me use Joystick gremlin to apply thrust.
  • MFG left toe brake is throttle backward
  • MFG right toe brake is throttle forward
  • TM left throttle handle is throttle limiter
  • TM right throttle handle also is throttle forward
All Throttle forward and throttle backward are added together.
  • Maneuvering / landing:
    • TM limiter is set at 5%
    • TM throttle is set at 0%
    • MFG toe brakes control throttle forward / backward, -100% - 100%
  • Dogfight:
    • TM limiter is set at 15% (SCM speed)
    • TM throttle is set at 75%
    • MFG left toe brake controls speed between -25% - 75%
    • MFG right toe brake controls speed between 75% - 100%. Above 100% throttle, the throttle limiter is increased between 15% - 90%
  • PU transit:
    • TM limiter is set as needed
    • TM throttle is set as needed

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Watching this simpit develop over the years has been most impressive.

The longer SC takes, the more things he adds!

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?