TEST SQUADRON: Download PlanetSide2, we are going in for flight school

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
X Not sure when I'll find time to join you, but downloading now!

Edit: also for any Europeans, there is no problem picking the American servers :)

Last edited:

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
X Not sure when I'll find time to join you, but downloading now!

Edit: also for any Europeans, there is no problem picking the American servers :)
I'll see if we can organize a game meetup in Planetside this week.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
oh that would be nice !!!!

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
They say Eve online is brutal, no one ever talks about your first drop in Planetside.

You sign up, make a soldier with the glorious Vanu Sovereignty, excited to expand science to all the depths and corners of the universe, you're slightly giggling because of the sheer epic scale you are expecting, then it happens. You are shown a small video about your purpose and goal. As the sense of confusion slowly sets in, you are put in a drop pod and sent hurdling down towards the ground. You hit the ground, the doors open and you walk out. You are stunned at the beauty and the huge nature of the Auraxis, as you are looking around, taking it all in, a few shots land on you. You run for cover, not knowing who is shooting you or why, or from where. Behind cover you take a peak and don't see anything. You look closely, you notice about seven different tanks headed your way, with air support, and a horde of enemy infantry behind them. You turn around to run and are met with the same force of a different army. As you look for another hiding place, several explosive shells, AP shells, sniper rifle rounds, and many many different kinds of bullets converge on your head. You are dead.

The genius Instant Action system had dropped you in a TR vs. NC fight.

Welcome to Planetside.
This....am willing to try again though, will dig up login details and crash ships all day long.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
I don't believe Test Squadron has had any runs recently but a lot of us are also in Test Outfit the dedicated Planetside group and play there a lot. (myself excluded as I am in it but haven't played PS2 in ages).

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Im on eve, getting bored of just logging in to keep training for my eventual new procurer, cant wait for SC to let me fly ma shet!
Haha, if you think you're bored now wait until you actually go mining with it :eek:

Reactions: paqman and BluChew

Mackabeez

Lieutenant
Jun 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Mackabeez
^True story. Mining in Eve is the bestest thing ever... if you want to bleed through your eyeballs.

I've been playing PS2 since Alpha. Best MMOFPS ever. I'm NC all the way, on Waterson named FLANK3R. Got a VS on Matherson named FLANK3Rz. hmu if anyone is still playing. But lets be real, we're all gonna be on DFM 90% of the time.

Protac

Captain
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Protac
We could always use more people during ops nights in Planetside 2, and good pilots are always an asset. On most nights we typically average around 1 squad (12 players) to 2 squads (24 players), which is sometimes enough to tip certain battles in our favor (unless we're getting ROFLstomped which happens occasionally). Planetside 2 is a combined arms game, so land and air working together is typically a powerful combination.

For new players I highly recommend picking one class and sticking with it, I tend to prefer the Medic class as a fully certed medic gun (the 500 cert upgrade) is like a perpetual cert generator for getting XP from quickly reviving teammates.

Having tried the Star Citizen flight mechanics, the Planetside 2 flight mechanics are ridiculously twitchy. I can't get my controller to work well with it and I tend to crash a lot. You can practice flying in the VR simulator (accessible from any Warpgate) which you can pull any vehicle or weapon you like at any time and if you die it wont count against you (unlike the main game where vehicles cost resources and have a timer). The vehicle physics in general is wonky and absurd, so I usually stick with infantry most of the time (that and certing vehicles is extremely costly in certs).

Forgot your password?