Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Calling All Racers!

Test Squadron is looking for seasoned and amateur ground racers. We invite all levels of vehicle drivers and bike pilots that want to join us and prepare for the next year's Daymar Rally (2021). If you are new to the Star Citizen ground racing or have already lost all of your teeth on the desert, Test Squadron Racing Team has a great race training season planned this year.

We are planning to hold series of trainings for both pros and racer wannabees. The reason why seasoned drivers and pilots should participate in the trainings is Planet Tech v4 -- that amazing recently implemented tech changed everything and made the desert ground racing more difficult that it was before. You would experience very low visibility, changed gravity impact on vehicles, etc.

We will kick-off with the Mad Max Desert event (date to be announced) on which you would be able to show your skills or simply check if the ground racing is something you would like to do in your spare time. We are going to crash a lot, kill each other and have a lot of fun!

Respond to this thread if you are interested.
I will be the team coordinator. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Any ground operation needs close air support. This would be handled by the Yellow Jackets. Racing Team requires also airlift services. Preferred airlift spaceship is Starfarer, because of its large cargo hold that can carry multiple vehicles and bikes. The farer's rear ramp allows rapid loading and unloading, and the ship has a good fuel efficiency.

Daymar Rally Info

Every year Star Citizens flock to the Crusader moon of Daymar in the Stanton System to participate or spectate ‘the filthiest race in the verse’. Daymar is a dusty and dirty environment, almost purpose built, for what seems it’s rightful place as the home of Endurance Rally. It is 100% covered in dirt, dust and rock and is ideal for the toughest test of humanoid endurance.

Daymar Rally 2950 (2020)

Last Chance Official Practice Run
Saturday, January 18, 2020​
3:00 PM 7:00 PM​
Official race start Saturday 18th January 2949 - 21.30 UTC​
Live stream starts Saturday 18th January 2949 - 20.00 UTC​
at the official rally twitch channel (/daymarrally)​
Daymar Rally Race Day
Saturday, January 25, 2020​
12:00 PM 6:00 PM​
Official start & briefing Saturday 25th January - 17:00 UTC​
Live stream at at the official rally twitch channel (/daymarrally)​
More info:​
546.jpg

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This looks intriguing! I'll try to make it to some events just to annoy you at least, as I don't currently own any land based stuff or heavy haulers that could fit them.
My dream is to do a landing in the beerfarer with the ramp open, cars lined up ready to jump out, and do a 180 as I come in to land to point the bay in the right direction, sliding to the start line, and as the ship comes to a stop the cars jump out, already lined up to start the race....

Reactions: wmk and Scape

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
/.../ My dream is to do a landing in the beerfarer with the ramp open, cars lined up ready to jump out, and do a 180 as I come in to land to point the bay in the right direction, sliding to the start line, and as the ship comes to a stop the cars jump out, already lined up to start the race....
I can do that too. Challenge accepted! ; )

Two Starfarers, two racing teams. The goal: unload your team as fast as possible.
Rule nr 1: the ship's ramp needs to touch the surface; no airdropping allowed.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Reminder: Daymar Rally 2950 / 2020 starts in 4 hours.

Live stream starts at 17:15 UTC at :
www.twitch.tv/daymarrally

UTC Sat, 25th Jan 2020 at 17:00
Brisbane, AustraliaSun, 26th Jan 2020 at 3:00am AEST
New York, USASat, 25th Jan 2020 at 12:00 pm EDT
Los Angeles, USASat, 25th Jan 2020 at 9:00 am PDT
London, United KingdomSat, 25th Jan 2020 at 5:00 pm GMT
Barcelona, SpainSat, 25th Jan 2020 at 6:00 pm CET

Meanwhile, Test Racing Team is still recruiting! Details in the original post.
Big thanks to everyone who responded so far!

050.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot your password?