Test Squadron Rally Team - Calling All Racers

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
@wmk I am so sorry for flaking last weekend. I signed up was excited and completely spaced it because of IRL stuff that wasn't even that high of a priority.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
@wmk I am so sorry for flaking last weekend. I signed up was excited and completely spaced it because of IRL stuff that wasn't even that high of a priority.
I did the same, don't beat yourself up :)
No worries! It was an ad-hoc event announced at short notice like 1-1.5 hour before and then delayed only 30 min to more guys to join, including Montoya.

Anything IRL takes precidence over a game dudes, take care of Number One and there will always be time to play later.
If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Racing Team Training, Sunday, Feb 9

Details:

Date: February 9, 2020 (Sunday)
Party Launch time: 19:00 UTC / 11:00 AM PST / 02:00 PM EST

Assembly Area: Daymar, Shubin Mining Facility
Comms: Discord #rally-team channel
Voice: 🔭 Rally Team Practice channel

________________ Add me to your contact list in case you don't have me already added -- RSI handle: wmk _______________

Objectives:
  1. Have fun,
  2. Test buggies (Cyclone), rovers (Ursa) and bikes,
  3. Test if Cyclone RC handles Daymar bedrock better than the base variant,
  4. Test how Ursa handles bedrock,
  5. Race to Eager Flats Emergency Shelter; cooperate with the support ship(s),
  6. Load all vehicles to the cargo ship and return to Shubin if time permits.

Air support required:
  • Event security (1-2 fighters),
  • At least 1 Cargo ship (Starfarer / Starfarer Gemini),
  • At least 1 Support Ship (any ship with strong lights, like Cutlass),
  • At least 1 Cutlass Red.

Notes:
  • Do not attempt to spawn more than 1 vehicle if you came to Daymar in your ship and plan to use it later, especially if you are an ambulance owner, otherwise the ship may be despawned,
  • Do not attempt to spawn more than 2 vehicles, otherwise the first one may be despawned when abandoned,
  • When you board any ship or vehicle not owned or spawned by you, the game temporarily assigns it to you and increments the nr. of your already owned entities; then the first spawned ship or vehicle may be despawned,
  • Bring Test yellow + black armor, if possible.

------------------------

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Do not attempt to spawn more than 1 vehicle if you came to Daymar in your ship and plan to use it later
I TESTed this during last week CFT. 2 vehicles stay persistent if they, very important, are bound to you. I spawned:
  • a Gladius for another participant
  • a Super Hornet for another participant
  • the Cutlass Red as a base ship
All 3 ships crashed because we wanted to QT to a destination on the opposite side of the moon. That is a no-go. You can't make a 180 degree moon quantum jump. Always go to a nearby OM marker.
  • the Cutlass Red as a base ship
  • a Gladius for the same participant
I set up the Red as a base on the surface, then killed myself, because our team had less members, so we would need every fighter in the air
  • a Super Hornet for me
Then I realized that the Red could be despawned, because it was the 1st ship of 3, so I ordered another member to sit in the pilot seat of the Cutlass Red. The Cutlass Red got bound to thew other pilot. He crashed out of the game and it took at least 10 minutes before he could rejoin the instance. The Red didn't despawn. We beat the system.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
A very good point: use the Red as a base at Daymar, Shubin Mining Facility. If participants crash, in-game or out of the game and they might be tight on transit ships, money, they won't have to wait at PO or worse, another distant place, to reclaim their ship, travel back to Daymar and catch up with the rest.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
A very good point: use the Red as a base at Daymar, Shubin Mining Facility. If participants crash, in-game or out of the game and they might be tight on transit ships, money, they won't have to wait at PO or worse, another distant place, to reclaim their ship, travel back to Daymar and catch up with the rest.
cough That was my plan last time, but your Red disappeared... : /

Reactions: marcsand2

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
February 9 Rally Team Practice

Once again, thanks for joining, everyone!

12 people, not counting observers.

We have successfully tested Cyclone RC (Red) and Dragonfly on Daymar by racing from Shubin to Eager Flats Shelter. Discussed the Daymar Rally rules and our chances, and planned next steps.

Once we've completed the primary objective of the mission, we moved to SPK via GH to clear @Alphadelta 's CrimeStat achieved while bravely protecting Rally Team's air support ship at Eager Flats. As is tradition, we wrapped up the meeting by killing each other at SPK -- for Science and Test :o7:

ScreenShot1033.jpg

ScreenShot1130.jpg

ScreenShot1162 (2).jpg

ScreenShot1064.jpg

ScreenShot1100.jpg

ScreenShot1178.jpg

ScreenShot1121.jpg

ScreenShot1188.jpg

Last edited:

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
Team Test Racing
Practice for Daymar Rally
CALLING ALL RACERS!

Brought to you by WMK
Hosted by Gamefleek, Marcsand2, and cheerleading by August-TEST

Sunday Feb 23
1:00 PM- 4:00 PM CST
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM UTC
Daymar, Shubin Mining Facility

https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-squadron-racing-team-calling-all-racers.16858/

The practice will included Bikes, Cyclones, Rovers, Air support spotters... and cheer leading. (update from Command Control : This practice will only be for bike racers. Other vehicles will be at a later date.)

If you're interested, please comment on the Test Squadron Guilded Site and let us know what you can bring (such as ships of vehicles)

Can't wait to see you there!

p.s. If you forget to post on the Guilded Site, just post below.

Paging:
@Denerius @LoicFarris @placid @Big-Moose @Smithory @Lorddarthvik @Ryonin Shonin @Jangmo @marcsand2

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2 and wmk

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have:
- couple of Dragonflies
- Red and Black
- Starfarer
- a few fighters
All can be borrowed. For the ships, be fast, arrange the ship before the start so we can move asap to the staging point. If you want a specific loadout, arrange that before the event, not during. Time is precious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and wmk
Forgot your password?