Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm the one in the Yellow/Black armor 😁

That went pretty good. I noticed that close support using the headlights to flood the area around the bike is beneficial. It only is an issue. I didn't read the rule book, but if I'm not mistaken, then each team can have 2 drivers, 1 support ship. The support ship also holds the spare vehicles.
I used the SH is very maneuverable compared to bigger support ships. Constant adjusting course, always strafing up, because you point your nose down at the driver in a collision course with the moon. I also ended up strafing side wards, flying diagonal to the drivers vector. It gives the best angle, while overshooting can be easily prevented by kicking the brakes and changing direction.
Now practice this in a bigger support ship. If only the search lights on the Red were on the bottom. Then the pilot could concentrate on flying close, the copilot could operate the search light. I don't know if the Red can hold any vehicle 🤔

• o7
Reactions: GameFleek

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
(...) Now practice this in a bigger support ship. If only the search lights on the Red were on the bottom. Then the pilot could concentrate on flying close, the copilot could operate the search light. I don't know if the Red can hold any vehicle 🤔
I'm testing Carrack's lights right now; it looks that it has stronger floodlights than Starfarer, so this could be our support ship. We just need to test the fuel efficiency in atmosphere and check how many bikes or vehicles can be loaded into the vehicle hangar.

----------------------------
546.jpg

Last edited:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
⚠

Official statement on using medical gameplay., Cutlass Red and Carrack during Daymar Rally 2951

I've contacted Cor5aire, Daymar Rally founder and organizer, and asked him for the clarification on the use of med gameplay and Carrack, both recently implemented in game.

As for the first one, at this stage the Daymar Rally rules state that if the racing team member is killed during the race, they are removed from the competition. The team member could be healed, but he or she cannot be revived (respawned) and continue participating in the race. Therefore, Cutlass Red [ and Carrack ] could be only used to heal the team member in case of any injuries.

As for the Carrack, according to Cor5aire, the ship is too large to be used as the support ship, so it would probably not be allowed. However, organizers are still discussing this.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
🏁

Test Squadron Rally Team Practice March 15

On the next practice I'd like to practice canyon crossing and obstacle avoidance. Let's check if it's worth to take alternate route to avoid jumping into the deep canyon in bikes and buggies and then climbing on the other side. We have already learned that in some cases it takes a lot of time to climb back to the route, and that in most of the cases we have no idea what's on the other side of the rim -- especially at night.

I have selected a canyon located 14.3km from Shubin and 78.6km from Eager Flats -- see images below. Alternate routes are marked B and C, obviously.
I left my Carrack in there; hopefully it would respawn in the same location so we could use it as a waypoint.

ScreenShot1585.jpg

ScreenShot1582-2.jpg

-----
Also, let's test how much the bike pilots need to strafe up to avoid dangerous rocks that could throw them in the air or kill them.
It would be also great to capture all test attempts on video to perform the "what-killed-me" analysis later.

-----
Notes:
  • Assembly point is Shubin on Daymar, as usual;
  • In case we arrive at night, we should wait until sunrise; in the meantime we could have some ad-hoc fun and kill each other, as usual;
  • We need at least Cutlass Red and/or Carrack for the medical support, as we expect to die frequently;
    As mentioned above I left my Crck near Shubin; Feel free to set your default ICU in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Daymar Rally 2950 documentary focusing on the Rover division, stream snipers and Kane, the lone runner --

----------------------------
Inspired by Kane, Daymar Rally organizes #RunWithKane foot race on April 18. Details available at --

>>> I'm looking for at least one person to join me as the support ship pilot <<<
---- Respond below or PM me, and I'll register Test Sq. team! :o7:

image0.jpg

Last edited:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
🏁

Racing Team Practice, March 29

Details:

Date: March 29, 2020 (Sunday)
Party Launch time: 19:00 UTC

Assembly Area: Daymar, Shubin Mining Facility
Comms: Discord #rally-team channel
Voice: Discord Rally Team Practice channel

Objectives:
  1. Primary objective: Further bike testing; crossing canyons, avoiding obstacles
    Record "Highway to the Danger Zone" video clip for the propaganda purposes and training analysis
  2. Secondary objective: Park Carrack at the bottom of the canyon and load as many cyclones in the ship hangar as possible, by jumping them from the cliff :glorious:

Air support required:
  • Event security (1-2 fighters),
  • 1 Cargo ship (Starfarer / Starfarer Gemini / Carrack *),
  • 1-2 Med Ships (Cutlass Red or Carrack *)
  • 1 Photo Chase Ship (Pisces) [ wmk ]

* -- Could be the same ship

Notes:

------------------------

Reactions: marcsand2

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Good job, Jumping Frog Team, especially @Ryonin Shonin ! :o7:

-----
Turn up the volume and watch until the end:

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Surprisingly, we took 3rd place in the April 18, 2020 RunWithKane race!

Once again, thank you for guiding me through the canyons, @Zatellia !

Official stream recording available at --

ScreenShot1915.jpg

ScreenShot1907.jpg

ScreenShot1952.jpg

ScreenShot1993.jpg

• o7
Reactions: maynard
Forgot your password?