TEST Warthog Bindings Development Group

solarfly

Lieutenant
Dec 10, 2015
RSI Handle
solarfly73
Hey everyone! Pledged to the Patreon! Same test squadron, right?

I've updated the Solarfly Profile with some more awesome stuff that makes it very quick to look at the console panels on a ship (like the Retaliator for instance) while flying. Works around a crappy bug in 2.1 PTU for that as well. Also new, the Radar switch swaps between Weapon Group 1 and Group 2 on the TG1 trigger pull. For some ships where weapons overheat or the loadout is different, this I guess is desirable and was a request from the community. Finally...

Cougar MFD support!

Let me know your thoughts!

http://3dpipeline.net

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Hey everyone! Pledged to the Patreon! Same test squadron, right?

I've updated the Solarfly Profile with some more awesome stuff that makes it very quick to look at the console panels on a ship (like the Retaliator for instance) while flying. Works around a crappy bug in 2.1 PTU for that as well. Also new, the Radar switch swaps between Weapon Group 1 and Group 2 on the TG1 trigger pull. For some ships where weapons overheat or the loadout is different, this I guess is desirable and was a request from the community. Finally...

Cougar MFD support!

Let me know your thoughts!

http://3dpipeline.net

Glad to see you're doing regular updates now. I'm wondering if I should just take your programming and just edit it to fit my needs. :p

I have a suggestion, though.

Create a version of your script without long presses. Some people's computers will lag a bit, and that can cause problems with registering short and long presses, leading to unfortunate situations. This was one item I wanted to address with my version of the Warthog bindings.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I wanted to get a warthog, but because of the lack of support I did not, and got a X52.
I would pay, a few dollars extra, handsdown, for support. Just a thought.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I wanted to get a warthog, but because of the lack of support I did not, and got a X52.
I would pay, a few dollars extra, handsdown, for support. Just a thought.
What do you mean by Support? The Warthog is one of Thrustmaster's biggest money makers, so they would not have subpar support for it. Their customer service even sent me a replacement switch that I could install myself. :D (All the way from France, I should add.)

Ocean

Rear Admiral
Jul 20, 2015
RSI Handle
0cean
i have this configuration... and a MFG Crosswind... and Plan on getting a VR headset that will help with VR /head tracking

honestly the BEST thing i can say for this setup is the following

Abandon ALL attempts to make an XML profile or a key set. as every time they add a new key. its back to the drawing board

Currently STAR CITIZEN CAN ONLY ACCEPT THREE INPUTS NOT INCLUDING MOUSE AND KEYBOARD

if you create an XML file. it will always read your flight stick and throttle as TWO inputs

instead USE THE PROVIDED TARGET SOFTWARE this combines the throttle and stick into ONE INPUT and program each "Keyboard control" into a Flight stick control ... { Example: decoupled keyboard = caps lock.......in target pinky switch= pulse-hold/release caps lock }

this will allow you MORE Inputs to be added in the future and the most you need to do is go into star citizen and under "flight stick settings" delete everything and Set all X Y Z sticks ( which is "flight pitch" "flight yaw" "flight roll" and "thrust control" takes a whole 1 min )

so in the future if you want peddles, this flight stick and throttle AND a possible VR headset... you may want to consider this style

TLDR

Use the Target Software and bind keyboard key strokes into a profile

Pro
- it never erases after every patch
- you build it custom to your style and needs
- allows for two inputs to read as one
- Target allows you to triple button outputs that can change with game state
Con
- Must start up target and run settings before turning on star citizen launcher
- changing a key mid flight testing usually leads to a crash (2.0 ptu so far not in live)

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I never rely on customer service from the company itself, thats always bad, IMO. But, the way SC is always made me not wish to spend good money on a Joystick, always resetting etc.. and i was relatively sure that setting up the software outside of SC would be time consuming and a pain in the arse

solarfly

Lieutenant
Dec 10, 2015
RSI Handle
solarfly73
Glad to see you're doing regular updates now. I'm wondering if I should just take your programming and just edit it to fit my needs. :p

I have a suggestion, though.

Create a version of your script without long presses. Some people's computers will lag a bit, and that can cause problems with registering short and long presses, leading to unfortunate situations. This was one item I wanted to address with my version of the Warthog bindings.
Yep, you can edit it if you like. Just search the main Solarfly_Warthog_Profile_2.3.tmc file and the solarfly.tmh file for TEMPO statements and get rid of them as you see fit. Cheers!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Yep, you can edit it if you like. Just search the main Solarfly_Warthog_Profile_2.3.tmc file and the solarfly.tmh file for TEMPO statements and get rid of them as you see fit. Cheers!
Took a look at your latest build, I see you've made some interesting conditionals for the boost and afterburner functions.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Is the warthog with it? I dont have any problems in AC with mouse and keyboard even with nongimbals. Wish I could try before I buy something that expensive.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Buy a T16000m for $35 and if you like how it fly's with that then you'll love the warthog!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Is the warthog with it? I dont have any problems in AC with mouse and keyboard even with nongimbals. Wish I could try before I buy something that expensive.
Its worth it.

The only thing is you need pedals for roll because there is no twist on the stick.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Today my Warthog arrived :D. The pedals must wait a while. I want the MFG Crosswind, current expected ship date: 30-06-2016 :(
So now I must get the perfect key bindings. I used the G13 for strafing and secondary buttons, no throttle control, only full throttle :cool:, I will miss the smooth strafing.

Last edited:

Iffadrim

Commander
Nov 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Iffadrim
Ok.
The thread wasn't feed for a while.

I also got a Warthog right now, after using a X55 for testing and a X45 who won't be calibrated under Win10.

Currently I use (or better try to use) it without pedals, cause the Warthog wasn't that cheap.

I got my desired config on paper but got some trouble to bring it live.

Maybe one user who already is using the HOTAS can talk about on Teamspeak or something else.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ok.
The thread wasn't feed for a while.

I also got a Warthog right now, after using a X55 for testing and a X45 who won't be calibrated under Win10.

Currently I use (or better try to use) it without pedals, cause the Warthog wasn't that cheap.

I got my desired config on paper but got some trouble to bring it live.

Maybe one user who already is using the HOTAS can talk about on Teamspeak or something else.
Why don't you do your bindings in SC? Options -> Keybindings -> Advanced Controls Customization -> Joystick / HOTAS?
When finished, just export your settings when ready under: "Control Profiles" -> "Export Control Settings" in case of emergency.
I have 5 game controllers and it works fine, as long as you don't unplug your controllers and plug them in another USB port.

Iffadrim

Commander
Nov 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Iffadrim
I have my desired configs on paper.
But when assigning in SC some buttons won't be assigned.
(They are not recognized by SC for assigning, you push them but not effect, eg the Slider 0 on the throttlebase)
And I think when editing manually they maybe will not work.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have my desired configs on paper.
But when assigning in SC some buttons won't be assigned.
(They are not recognized by SC for assigning, you push them but not effect, eg the Slider 0 on the throttlebase)
And I think when editing manually they maybe will not work.
To which functions did you try to bind them? Not all functions support analog controls. let me check out...
[EDIT] Slider can be bound to "Dynamic zoom in and out", but not to "Dynamic zoom in" or "Dynamic zoom out".
It can be bound to "Pitch", but not to "Pitch up" or "Pitch down"
It can be bound to "Yaw", "Yaw left" and "Yaw right"
It can be bound to "Roll", "Roll left" and "Roll right"
It can be bound to all strafe
It can be bound to "Aim left / right" and "Aim up/down", but not to "Aim left", Aim right", Aim up" or Aim down".

The rest I didn't TEST.

Last edited:

Iffadrim

Commander
Nov 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Iffadrim
Most buttons on the throttlebase can't be assigned.
And on the throttle itself also.
on the stick the grey button for the thumbs don't react when try to assign.

and many buttons can be assigned but don't shown as eg button 5 but z+button 1 (input 2)

Forgot your password?