TESTies, how did you think up your current handles?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
The Legend of the Beerjerker
In that one movie, Jimmy Jump gave me 2 pills and told me I was the chosen one. So I put on my shiny vinyl trench coat went on a quest and found the magic sword in the stone. Threw my back out jerking the mighty Excalibeer free and then, with an ice pack taped to my lower lumbar, I went on to save the world.
You're welcome.
download.jpg

That, or maybe I am preoccupied with drinking beer and... keeping myself occupied...

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Started using Standard Deviation way back before there was internet, well at least before anybody had heard of the internet. I used the name because I was just out of college (majored in Psych.. mucho statistics) and I needed a handle for BBS (Bulliten Board Systems) and I appreciated the connotative meaning, but Standard Deviation was too long.. so StdDev came into being.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Pretty sure I explained something completely different earlier in this thread. Too lazy to look though, so:

I love owl's and wolves. Since 'wolf' names are a dime a dozen on the interwebs, I went with an owl.

Since internet geeks like names that involve fancy internet coolness like "void, dark, black, etc etc" I went with a different modifier (although I was almost a perfectly geeky, 'Void owl').

Since blind was a state of drunkenness, I applied that to said creature of awesomeness, the Owl. The Owl also happens to epitomize wisdom, so it created a beautiful conundrum, which I love.

So the wise old blind drunk Owl was born.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I'm a military aviation geek(for almost half a century). When I was 12, I had read and memorized the pilot's manual for the B-17 bomber, the P-51 Mustang and any other aircraft I could get my hands on. Then I moved up to the jet era and Vietnam/cold war stuff. I read a book back in the late '80s called "Sweetwater Gunslinger 201". It was about an F-14 squadron called the Gunslingers(they're real, even though this is a novel) Sweetwater was the pilot's call sign, while Gunslinger 201 was the Tomcat assigned to him. "Gunslinger" stuck with me, always thought it was cool, so I knew it would be somewhere in my handle. So I'm putting together my SC account, and I'm stuck on this silly name for about 45 minutes and my mind starts to wander. I start thinking about this astronomy article I had read recently and connecting the themes to the word "Gunslinger". It came down to "Black Hole" and "Dark Matter" so I flipped a coin and Captain Dark Matter Gunslinger was born, a drunk space janitor who can fly any ship in the universe(as long as it has an autopilot)

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I've been using my handle since....umm...well, for the past 28 years. First D&D, then UO, EQ, WoW, DAOC, EVE, STO, SWTOR, etc. Been known as and been called my handle so long my wife sometimes even uses it by accident...but then, she's a gamer too. (yes, girl gamers DO exist...you just need to be lucky enough to find one)

Forgot your password?