TESTies, how did you think up your current handles?

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Hey all!

So I love a good origin story; I'm genuinely curious as to the thought processes that led you guys to think up all your wild and colourful usernames. You hear a few in passing on the mumble but I figured the forums would be a good way of having a more inclusive conversation!

So I'll start...

Well, Myre's simply the last two syllables of my given name IRL... boring and a half compared to the stories I'm bound to read for sure!

Let me have it!

//M

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Like UltraGuido I to may be a wizard.... My name is a combination of two characters in the Dragonlance books.. Dalamar and Raistlin.. both who happen to be wizards. Was a name of when I played D&D as a kid in the early 90s. It has followed me all that time from RPGs, to old school BBs, AOL, hell... everything.

So... I am a wizard :)

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
my dog's name is Lonestar and that's what my handle has been since the kickstarter, but there are a lot of people on the Forums going by Lonestar now and i wanted to differentiate myself from all the others and i certainly wasn't the first. so i tacked on "the Kilrathi" to uniquify it and i think i still might be the only "the Kilrathi" around.

if you're wondering about process i was, like, lonestar.... idk, like a gangster name, Lonestar the something-or-other, you know, like Jimmy "the Gent" Burke or like Carmine "the Cigar" galante or whatever. i wrote a sarcastic star-citizen fan-fic that was really short and had a character named The Fat Man so i was going to go with Lonestar the Fat Man, but we don't know if we can have fat characters in game yet. then i figured if i was going to call myself the Fat Man and not be fat in game i might as well be calling myself Lonestar the Kilrathi. then i said bingo.

Oh yes, and my dog, Lonestar, he's named after the State of Texas, as in the Lone Star State, not the beer (unfortunately that was only a cool contributing factor because pretty much lone star anything is cool) and not the character from Space Balls (which also figured into it because lonestar anything is awesome like i said) so even his name is kind of a mash up of some of my favorite stuff. i do love texas beer and Spaceballs is a favorite from childhood so it's all very fortuitous. not to mention i loved Wing Commander and Privateer.

Last edited:

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I was between the ages of 8 and 12 playing flashgames on kongregate.com, saw a guy with the name grammargestapo. I laughed at its cleverness and stole it from him. The name stuck, and I've been known as gram, grammar, TGP(for my safe name, the grammar police) or, my personal favorite, gramsypoo ever since.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
For me I just needed a user name for the original gmail beta, and I happen to be a mutt so I added my incials to the front of it and had myself a username. I have been using that username in everything ever since so over ten years :)
This whole time you've been Mr. O'Mutt to me.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I was using a name I started using when I was in my early teens and wanted to get rid of it. At this time I was a frequent poster at the now defunct www.TeamATi.com When I asked the guys what I should change my name to, they had a secret meeting about making me a full and sponsored member of TeamATi. They joked that they didn't care what my name is but they knew I belonged and want me on the team ASAP. One guy suggested _[TeamATi] as a placeholder and it stuck. When they officially asked me to join the team they said the only condition was that I went by _. At first I thought it was a joke but they were really serious. Since then I've used _ and my clan tag or Underscore/Undersc0re if it was taken or unusable.

Forgot your password?