blow up the image a bit and we have, "guess-timating",
gimbaled S1 repeater
two over wing Fixed S2
two underslung S3
Two main trusters
single pilot
activated flaps, purpose built trans-atmospheric fighter

opinion,
More firepower than I would give Civil Defense Forces, but it plays along with the Polaris Militia idea And it's a bit of Branding from AA to side-step the Hornet = Military staple.
I'm not sure we need another fighter. it does build the AA Stable and unless it brings something to the table the Hornets don't, it could get lost in the crowd
While not a traditional Snub design(Merlin), I believe it will have no Jump or Quantum Drive as intended to be Light, defensive, local, fighter.

Edit: added opinion

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
It looks like a Hornet with curvier wings.
Its main role is cargo/mining, because that's what they're developing right now and they need ships to support those professions and game mechanics. Also, it's a 2+ seater, because they're still working on multicrew.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ah.

If it's role is based off that of the Hawk from Chris Robers game 'Freelancer' it's going to be the top tier Civilian Class Fighter.

http://fl-guide.de/ships.php?id=7

On the plus side, from the picture in the original post it looks like it has a gun coming out of its ass so no need to decouple when you are running away.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
it looks really small to me.
I know what you mean, it barely covers the Anvil Logo in that picture, and i've seen those logos on tee-shirts so it can't be much bigger than the palm of your hand.

Last edited:

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
more guess-timation, because @Thugari pointed out how small it looked.
Length: 9-12m
Width: 9-12m
height: 4m

as this is Top-Down, Height may be WAY off. based on the cockpit and compared to Hornet art, the Hawk looks about 1/2 to 2/3rd's the size of a Hornet.

EDIT: I'd call this the Anvil competitor to the Bucc.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I unhalved the image they put up, put it together to make:

Im guessing fastest turning ship, strafes fast up, down, left, right, but not fast in a straight line.

Probably suited for atmospheric combat.

Wings probably fold up for tight storage...
Given it's size, shape & lack of visible weapons, I would guess that it is more of a recon / scout ship. Possibly even a scout snub for use with the Carrack? (I did my own photo edit for you all before checking the forum. LoL) While they call it the Anvil Hawk, it sure looks more like a Swallow to me.

Anvil Hawk Sneak Peak 1c.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot your password?