The Buc is a beast!

Vett

Space Marshal
Mar 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Vett
Those gatling guns look ridiculously awesome. I think all ballistic fixed load out would be optimal on the buc. Leaving the smaller power plant enough power to keep shields and engines maxed.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
How does it compare to the SH? About the same firepower, less shield and hull but more maneuverable? Why would you choose it over the Hornets given the Hornets can be outfitted with stealth and Tracker?
Hornet feels very slow and sluggish in comparison to the Buccaneer. Although, with my skill set, thats exactly what I need. The buccaneer tends to drift and zip around everwhere and is a wee bit too fast for my taste.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I agree. I didn't expect it to be so nimble and quick. Stops on a dime as well.
Hmmm, I'm gonna have to try it with gatling guns on the wings as well. They make it look ..."looks kinda scary".
I put 2 mantises on mine. It looks scary indeed, the guns are half the size of the ship! It made the weps all ballistics which worked great against the AI pirates, but when I picked a fight with a real buc with all energy weps, I could only afford one mistake, and I made it, big time. I held him off for a good 5 minutes or so, then he chopped me up into sushi with a couple hits from those laser repeaters

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Hornet feels very slow and sluggish in comparison to the Buccaneer. Although, with my skill set, thats exactly what I need. The buccaneer tends to drift and zip around everwhere and is a wee bit too fast for my taste.
Yeah. It's twitchy-ness caught me off guard at first. But with more seat time, We're getting to be good friends.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So it is like flying a light fighter, but with heavy weapons? Sounds fun but I would want strong reasons to let go of the stealth, tracking and range of a Ghost Tracker., and the pair of S4s on the Hornet ought to hit harder than the Buc. The BEHR ballistic cannons are beasts on paper, fast to target and have great range. I'm surprised we never hear about them.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
So it is like flying a light fighter, but with heavy weapons? Sounds fun but I would want strong reasons to let go of the stealth, tracking and range of a Ghost Tracker., and the pair of S4s on the Hornet ought to hit harder than the Buc. The BEHR ballistic cannons are beasts on paper, fast to target and have great range. I'm surprised we never hear about them.
So try it out.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
That is my ultimate question. Buc or Superhornet?
I love my SH, it's really flexible as far as loadout and it can take a few hits. That being said, if I had to choose one, it's the Bucc for me. It's faster and more manoeuvrable which fits my style better. I used to prefer the Gladius because of the sheer speed of the thing until the flight model re-balance and this feels more like that used to only with a lot more pew pew.

Forgot your password?