RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Damn, this dumb thing just showed up and I have zero recollecting of ordering it. It is on my order list from a week ago. Hmm not sure if drinking too much (is there such a thing in these crazy and wild times?) or is this a sign of old age.

I have maybe 2-3 hours in the game LOL. Gunnar has like twice as many. No real epic mods were out yet and we didn't have waterblocks on our 3090's so we just have not had anytime to really play it. Now the word on the street is that it's gonna be awhile before they actually make this thing worth playing. I just have no real clue what I was thinking. How many of y'all do this drinking and amazoning thing since the pandemic? I have awhole closet full of crap I swear.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I bought a Swiss multitool off Amazon while in University shared accomodation.

I used to collect the things and must admit because of my attitude at the time, that they were tools that happened to have knives in them rather than knives that have tools in them, I didn't think twice about it but I basically bought a knife off the internet. This was a top of the line model of its type and although expensive it was at a price I'd be daft to walk away from, and it was sold and dispatched directly by them so no skulduggery.

Anyway, the estimated delivery date passed and no show so I opened a resolution and was told to wait 28 days because they had sent it by standard packet post, not trackable courier or anything like that. Maybe it wasn't dispatched. Maybe it was lost or stolen in the post. Maybe it was lifted by someone living in my accomodation block, whatever happened, it didn't arrive.

So I wait until the 28 days and advise nope, very much not here. They dispatched another one, which arrived in days, but I got an email with words to the effect (can't rember the exact wording):

"We have dispatched a replacement as a gesture of good faith, please let us know if the original turns up. if we discover the first one did or does arrive and you didn't inform us we will make an additional debit to your card of the same amount with no notice, warning or advice."

To this day, over a decade later, as far as I am aware that still stands and I can honestly tell you I have no idea if Amazon has already done it - All I know is I was advised by the planets biggest retaler they would dip into my account whenever they so chose based on chriteria they did not plan on sharing with me or even telling me they'd done it...

Yeah I still use them, it's Amazon try not using them when you need something specific, but not as much as I used to before that incident, I used to be a regular.

I know not exactly a stupid item (although buying bladed items off the internet is a stupid thing to do) but a very stupid expiriance which shows no signs of ending. The only way I can think to end the nonsense iis to close my bank account and open a new one, but that's a hell of an effort to go through to end a decade and a bit old threat.

I've got another stupid Amazon story from a year before this one too, if you want it ;-)

Last edited:

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I bought a gummy penis for my brother because we made a bet and he won. loser had to buy a food item off amazon and send it to the winner.
An epic way to turn a loss, into a win.

I would have to say the dumbest thing I bought was one of those cans that moo when turned upside down because I was bored at work, and it goes great with a loudspeaker.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I had day surgery that I had to be put under for, my wife drove me home. I don't remember a thing, except on the drive home I was talking about a cop we saw, for like 5 minutes. Also I wanted to go to a truck/restaurant that has boiled lobster.... It's hard to get good lobster in the Gulf. My wife laughs every time I say that's all I did on the drive. Anyway somehow they got me out of the car and into bed. My wife left to get some medication they'd prescribed for me, leaving one of the kids to make sure I didn't try to climb into the dryer or something.

Anyhow, two days later, there was a delivery from Amazon. A bunch of packages. It had a 15" HP laptop (with 16gb RAM and a 1Gb SSD, two Raspberry PI 4B's with 8Gb RAM, 1 Arduino MKR, and a rack to hold all this in. I checked to make sure it was for me... Yes it was, and I paid for it with a debit card instead of a company credit card. I asked the kid if I got up, she said "Yeah you used your computer for a bit, you said you had to check the email, then went back to bed. Why?"

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I bought an Elgato green screen to stream

I don't stream and I'm a super introvert
I too had some sent from Corsair, since we do quite a bit of Corsair sales, after they tookover El Gato, along with stream decks, and mic stuff, etc. It still is in my little warehouse storage to this day have not touch it, or the mic stuff. I did grab and use the steam decks tho. I too have 0 plans of streaming myself as I did enough of that for work and over it. I really don't know why I got it either haha! You could always do like a test sock puppet show using the greenscreen and black and yellow socks or something. Just a thought! Oh, and do it all silent, but with Dutch Caption's ;) That would be very on-brand for a TEST YouTube Channel. Or just sell it :)

he said it was the best cock and gummy he had ever eatten.
Well, here's to hoping it was the ONLY one of those he had ever eaten. Also, one "T" in there, not two Sirius :p

I had day surgery that I had to be put under for, my wife drove me home. I don't remember a thing, except on the drive home I was talking about a cop we saw, for like 5 minutes. Also I wanted to go to a truck/restaurant that has boiled lobster.... It's hard to get good lobster in the Gulf. My wife laughs every time I say that's all I did on the drive. Anyway somehow they got me out of the car and into bed. My wife left to get some medication they'd prescribed for me, leaving one of the kids to make sure I didn't try to climb into the dryer or something.

Anyhow, two days later, there was a delivery from Amazon. A bunch of packages. It had a 15" HP laptop (with 16gb RAM and a 1Gb SSD, two Raspberry PI 4B's with 8Gb RAM, 1 Arduino MKR, and a rack to hold all this in. I checked to make sure it was for me... Yes it was, and I paid for it with a debit card instead of a company credit card. I asked the kid if I got up, she said "Yeah you used your computer for a bit, you said you had to check the email, then went back to bed. Why?"
Oh man, you got the good stuff. I always love getting the good stuff but they are kinda stingy with it lately. And hey, at least you got a decent laptop and the PI 4B's are super useful so plenty of things you can use them for Pep. From home auto to flight sim cockpit stuff. This actually good have gone much, much worse and I cant stop chuckling thinking about how you were 100% out of your damn mind but still bought some good stuff. You had the wherewithal to get stuff you could actually use, and probably would be too cheap to buy sober haha.

I did some more drunk buying last night:

The really dumb part is that TheKey.Co would have easily sent me the candymat, the switches had I just asked the owner. At least the switches. Oh well, it does feelgood to support a friend I guess.

Oh hey @Vavrik actually I need one of those PI's, I can use it to make an Amazon.com Breathalyzer Lockout Device. In order to purchase on my account I have to blow a .16 or lower to use Amazon. Then I will patent it, resell it and be rich :) I will give you 1% of the proceeds haha.

Seriously tho, does anyone want to buy Killa's Green screen? LOL

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I too had some sent from Corsair, since we do quite a bit of Corsair sales, after they tookover El Gato, along with stream decks, and mic stuff, etc. It still is in my little warehouse storage to this day have not touch it, or the mic stuff. I did grab and use the steam decks tho. I too have 0 plans of streaming myself as I did enough of that for work and over it. I really don't know why I got it either haha! You could always do like a test sock puppet show using the greenscreen and black and yellow socks or something. Just a thought! Oh, and do it all silent, but with Dutch Caption's ;) That would be very on-brand for a TEST YouTube Channel. Or just sell it :)

Well, here's to hoping it was the ONLY one of those he had ever eaten. Also, one "T" in there, not two Sirius :p

Oh man, you got the good stuff. I always love getting the good stuff but they are kinda stingy with it lately. And hey, at least you got a decent laptop and the PI 4B's are super useful so plenty of things you can use them for Pep. From home auto to flight sim cockpit stuff. This actually good have gone much, much worse and I cant stop chuckling thinking about how you were 100% out of your damn mind but still bought some good stuff. You had the wherewithal to get stuff you could actually use, and probably would be too cheap to buy sober haha.

I did some more drunk buying last night:

The really dumb part is that TheKey.Co would have easily sent me the candymat, the switches had I just asked the owner. At least the switches. Oh well, it does feelgood to support a friend I guess.

Oh hey @Vavrik actually I need one of those PI's, I can use it to make an Amazon.com Breathalyzer Lockout Device. In order to purchase on my account I have to blow a .16 or lower to use Amazon. Then I will patent it, resell it and be rich :) I will give you 1% of the proceeds haha.

Seriously tho, does anyone want to buy Killa's Green screen? LOL
I'm a nuclear guy words mean nothing to me only math.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Dumbest thing.... humm... that gotta be a Tripod for the camera... that was delivered in a softshell package instead of protective cardboard box...

As you can imagine after delivery it was not a pretty sight to open, it was smashed to pieces from the delivery handling..

But they refunded me and I bought a new from another more serious seller and as such also assured it will be sent protected correctly..

And so it was ... :D

Side note: The firs seller that I bought from is not on Amazon any more.. might it have something to do with my happening.. hmm..

🍻 CHEERS! 🍻

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I'll start:

I remember ordering this, barely, but I present to you the dumbest thing I ever bought on Amazon.com so far.

The rules you don't have to be drunk when you ordered it but you do have to have lots of regrets.

I'll get some pics/vid of it in action here sooner or later.
not through amazon, but back in 2015 I decided to buy a game package for an in-development game called Star Citizen...Dumbest decision I ever made.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
not through amazon, but back in 2015 I decided to buy a game package for an in-development game called Star Citizen...Dumbest decision I ever made.
Yeah, I think we can all agree that gibbing monies to Chris and Sandi takes the cake for most absurd purchase everrrrrrrrrrrrrr hahaha but at least it brought us all together. Kinda like Alcoholics Anonymous, how you find great friends for life who all have the same affliction, but have to sacrifice everything for that "family" :drunk:

Kowalski

Captain
Aug 3, 2021
RSI Handle
KowaIski
Pretty much any electrical/mechanical project supplies out of convenience. DigiKey and McMaster-Carr have similarly-fast shipping times (and will-call centers within driving distance) but out of lack of patience I grossly overpaid for the Amazon version....oftentimes sacrificing quality as well since a lot of it is just FBA-rebranded bottom shelf crap.

Forgot your password?