The "I got my Citizencon 2018 ticket" thread!

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
with 1250 tickets remaining, I expect a slow burn as people like @Blind Owl figure out if time and money are available at the same time. Unlike the rest of us complete nutters who jumped and look for the landing after the fact. :slight_smile:

Love ya, @Blind Owl, not actually calling you out, but using you as an example of pragmatism.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
with 1250 tickets remaining, I expect a slow burn as people like @Blind Owl figure out if time and money are available at the same time. Unlike the rest of us complete nutters who jumped and look for the landing after the fact. :slight_smile:

Love ya, @Blind Owl, not actually calling you out, but using you as an example of pragmatism.
Yeah @Blind Owl, you prag. ;-)
Hahaha, I resemble these comments! And I love y'all too.

Honestly, the money isn't the factor, it's the army and exercise and courses and blah blah blah . . .

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
POSSIBLE Long Read

not knowing What the Long Center charges for a Day, mid-week, production. We have already met over half the total value of all tickets,
$132,984 of $234,600. Before anyone freaks out about money, too late, any given ticket for any given event usually includes all costs bundled into the price and is not reflective of just the cost of the seat.

let's say CIG has a $250k budget for the event. w/o any partnerships they would be paying $16k out of pocket. I'm not going to take any partnerships into this right now. They have the same costs we do, plus what ever swag or goodies possibly planned.

If CIG has the Long for the same time they had the Avalon, here's a rough sketch of the day.
0430 Local - Meet at CIG Austn, headcount and load up
0600 on-site at Long center, Load in and build out
1200 A/V test, Presentation tech run.
1500 "Doors open"
2100 event end and begin load out
2300 offload at CIG Austin.

As I said, rough sketch of the time frame.

As of Right now, I believe we've paid for the site, I expect the Long to be in the $100K window. This is where Partnering will defray costs, Intel seems to remain a big event partner. approx. $450 for an Optane 900p, how many did they give away in Frankfurt? The man-hours involved in the three custom SMG skins, the cost of the Raven model from JR.

CIG will be able to expense, and write-off, a chunk of this, but not all. Intel will be able to expense and write off some. This remains an event that has a significant cost and its greatest value is the improved hype and good will of the backers.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I had to settle for standard access because my internet was never fast enough to snap up one of the premiums, but I'll be there as well!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What do you guys need training my for anyway? Moose aren’t that hard to ride. You should go back to a line company and come to CSTX in ‘Wisssscaannsinnn’ in ‘19. It’s a shit-show worth watching.
Wisssscaannsinnn hahaha. Do we get to wear cheese heads?
Haha, sound like Maple Resolve every year up in Canada. We play with you 'Muricans there too. Quite the shit show. But fun.

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
What do you guys need training my for anyway? Moose aren’t that hard to ride. You should go back to a line company and come to CSTX in ‘Wisssscaannsinnn’ in ‘19. It’s a shit-show worth watching.
Unless you are a local or in reasonable driving distance the bar to entry is really high. Flight and hotel during ACL is a bugger. There may very well be empty seats.

Forgot your password?