The Last Jedi

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Does that mean Luke dies?
depends how far Rey gets in her training. going by the past, we should get a movie and a half of her training days before Luke dies. But remember just because the jedi are nearly gone doesn't mean the end of the force users. there should still be quite a few sith around somewhere. they may not be trained well. but the do exist

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Next movie could be time lapsed from the moment she confronted him, had several years or months to train and then their training gets interrupted part way through. They then go off to get Luke killed off and then he ghost trains her or she has to figure out the rest herself. The figuring it out herself seems more likely since the whole inner self thing is pretty popular.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
depends how far Rey gets in her training. going by the past, we should get a movie and a half of her training days before Luke dies. But remember just because the jedi are nearly gone doesn't mean the end of the force users. there should still be quite a few sith around somewhere. they may not be trained well. but the do exist
I'd bet my money on this. The article states that Carrie Fisher shot all her scenes before dying, so my guess is that the last Jedi is Luke. Until Rey finishes her training, of course.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
But.. "there can only be two Sith.. a master... and an apprentice.."
....if Darth Bane's rule of two is adhered to following the events on Yavin, yeah. But as far as we know, Vader and Palps were the only two TRUE Sith in the galaxy. With the master being killed and the apprentice being redeemed, the Sith would be all but extinct. UNLESS an ancient evil, a TRUE Sith lord from the early years of the republic, has been in hiding on Koriban or something since the rise of the Empire. Keep in mind as well that the Knights of Ren appear to be force wielders of the dark side, but that doesn't necessarily make them inherently Sith. Basically what I'm saying is that I hope we get to see something like this:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Force user =/= Jedi. Jedi is a title just like Padawan, or Sith or Darth or Grand Moff. Luke is literally the last Jedi. He tried training more, but Ben/Kylo murdered the turders out of them all. Just because he trains Rey to control her power and not be a giant dick to everyone, that doesn't necessarily make her a Jedi. Unless Luke trains her in the way of the Jedi, she's just a force user.

I don't know if they'll kill Luke or not, I suspect they will considering how cyclical all of the other movies have been thus far, but I'm thinking that Rey's training will be very different from a Jedi's training and this new method of using the force will be proven in episode 9 against Snoke (who is most likely a very old school Sith).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Maybe it's 'last Jedi' as in the previous Jedi. Like, the last one was Luke and then the one before that was Anakin. The one before that was Obi. The one before that was Blind Owl. The one before that was Ra's al Ghul. And the one before that was Yoda.
I've been the least Jedi since I discovered beer.
Oh last, you said last. Yeah I was last for a while. Then I discovered beer.

Reactions: Mich Angel

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Its been 20 years since the jedi have not returned its about damn time..We dont no how long snoke been a symbol..Hes been around for awhile in order to build a new death star..Its just time bring back the jedi bring them back now..Let skywalkers rain go..

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Jedi is plural, 1 Jedi, 2 Jedi, 500 Jedi.

Doesn't mean someone has to die, Luke and Rey can be the last Jedi together.
Return of the Jedi didn't bring a multitude of Jedi's. It was just the one. The Last Jedi would be in reference to Luke. Keyword being 'last', means Luke will probably be a title character throughout the film as he trains Rey and possibly that other guy since they seem to have hinted at him possibly being a Jedi.

Taking it a step further, the common pattern of star wars killing off mentors and the most recent death of Han and what will soon be the death of Leia, Luke will most likely be killed off at the end of this or the movie after (the one in 2019).

All in all, I may be wrong.

Forgot your password?