the new Cutlass!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You can always sell some of them?
Meh, they're all in one mega-explorers pack, so I can't sell individuals. If I melted it I could re-buy it and start from scratch, keeping myself limited to 5 ships and a dragonfly.
However, one of those ships would automatically be the Carrack, and I'm undecided on what large ship I really want to start with. As it stands I have the Carrack and Cat. I only really want one, plus a Cutty, Warden w/ BUKs, and maybe a Redeemer or SH. It's really hard to decide on what to keep when there are so many awesome ships. I don't want to end up with a whole bunch of ships that I rarely use.
You'll probably be able to strap better shields on the Black, like @Cherokeedog suggested.
True fact. However, I already have the Blue. So there's that. Haha

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
I'd classify this as more a gunship competing more with the Reedemer than the Vanguard. The Vanguard in next patch from all indication is going to be a fast jousting type heavy fighter while th eCutlass looks more like a medium armored gunship and the redeemer more heavy armored.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'd classify this as more a gunship competing more with the Reedemer than the Vanguard. The Vanguard in next patch from all indication is going to be a fast jousting type heavy fighter while th eCutlass looks more like a medium armored gunship and the redeemer more heavy armored.
I'll just have to own them all. Shucks. What a pity.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I'll just have to own them all. Shucks. What a pity.
It's aggravating. They be all like "These ships are modular so maybe you'll be able to do that. Maybe not." So I be all like "Well I better buy them both just in case." Then they be all like "Hell yeah, let's build a new office and hire some interns to fetch us stuff because these stupid motherf*@kers keep buying these .jpgs!" And I be all like "Hmm. What do I want to get next?" Why am I so goddamn attracted to these shiny things? Whoever is in charge of marketing this bulls#@t deserves a fat raise from CR and a kick in the d#!k from everyone else.

#ShipsAnonymous #FirstWorldProblems #NewCuttyFanClub

Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well here i have a problem...

My original pledge package was an Aurora LN. That became an Avanger Titan and then an Avenger Warlock and then a Hornet Ghost which it still is...

But one of the ships that interested me into SC (other than the 350R) was the Cutlass...

When i joined it was a bit of a broken mess which put me off it... Now its more of a badass gunship (6x s3!) and getting re-worked I am understandably interested again.

So my problem: Stealth has not been implemented in the game yet, the Ghost is not yet operating to its potential but from what i've been able to learn with it and my 3x s3 Tarantulas (the s4 combine has bugged no ammo) Sabres are always going to have the biggest dick to swing and i am getting to the point where i get more than enough joy from giving them a tickle with my 350R and knocking a wing off them, than a giving them a slap with my Hornet and then having my arse blown clean off and sent spinning screaming in to the void - I can out fly them in a race ship, I appear to be a sitting duck in the Hornet. I'm sure it's just my style, yeah, i know sabres are a bit OP at the moment but i'm running full ballistics so shields be damned, i'm just not that good!

Due to the cost of the Ghost I have to wait to CCU to a blue in the next sale, I am not confident enough to melt my Pledge Package and buy it back and use the credit for a Black... I will loose the use of my Combine as the Hornet FlashFire mount will not work on the cutty, but i can buy a cutty one so i will not have lost out too much there...

So... do I wait for stealth to be implemented and hope the sabre gets nerfed and its stealth capability is somehow magically inferior than the ghosts?
Do I grow some nuts and melt the pledge for credits, rebuy it keeping it a basic LN and get a Black?
Should I stop agonising, its Alpha and everything is subject to change anyway? (Oh gawd what new nightmares are coming in 2.6???)

If I do CCU again, I will call the new ship "Example Of Indecision".

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
Well here i have a problem...

Due to the cost of the Ghost I have to wait to CCU to a blue in the next sale, I am not confident enough to melt my Pledge Package and buy it back and use the credit for a Black... I will loose the use of my Combine as the Hornet FlashFire mount will not work on the cutty, but i can buy a cutty one so i will not have lost out too much there...

If I do CCU again, I will call the new ship "Example Of Indecision".
Just to give you a heads up the flashfire mount does not work on the cuttlas at the moment..
i bought it thinking it would be a good replacement for the turret because it is still a broken piece of doodoo only to find out that there is no option to replace it.

and for some reason the cutty cannot use certain loadouts, ( you can fit the weapons but in AC or the PTU you wont have any ammo and it wont give you the option to restock.)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Just to give you a heads up the flashfire mount does not work on the cuttlas at the moment..
i bought it thinking it would be a good replacement for the turret because it is still a broken piece of doodoo only to find out that there is no option to replace it.

and for some reason the cutty cannot use certain loadouts, ( you can fit the weapons but in AC or the PTU you wont have any ammo and it wont give you the option to restock.)
Thanks for the heads-up, I knew of some of the issues but did not realise the FlashFire would not even mount, its even more of a relief to know it's getting a rework :)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yeah it sure is, i just hope the new cutlass comes with a slaved turret and a bigass gimballed gattling gun under the cockpit.
If the video is the final design, then there will be no nose gun anymore. 2 S3 guns under the wings, 2 S3 guns above the wings, one dual S3 turret on the roof, but the gimballed roof turret can be replaced with a gimballed flashfire specialty mount which can mount a S4 gun. S4 Gatling would be the Revenant.

View: https://youtu.be/dhGxr6hbbl8?t=110
1:50

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
If the video is the final design, then there will be no nose gun anymore. 2 S3 guns under the wings, 2 S3 guns above the wings, one dual S3 turret on the roof, but the gimballed roof turret can be replaced with a gimballed flashfire specialty mount which can mount a S4 gun. S4 Gatling would be the Revenant.

View: https://youtu.be/dhGxr6hbbl8?t=110
1:50
yeah i complete forgot that they removed the nose gun, well 2 reventants taped to the turret will have to do :P

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Just keep in mind @NaffNaffBobFace that the Cutlass is still a work in progress and the version that you want isn't the version you are buying right now. I'm not saying don't get it, just that it's more on an investment in the future than a fly now type thing. If you don't want to give up your ghost right away but want to save the price point, you could always just get a Gladius > Cutlass CCU for $10 and wait to melt your stuff.

Edit: Removed quote of wrong post

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
I like the new model but the cockpit kinda bothers me with the pilot sitting next to the copilot...
Anyways i hope she'll do her job fine or even amazing!
Kinda would use it as a dropship... ohh yeah... i'd love to be a dropship pilot!
yeah i kinda have to agree on the seats in the cockpit.. right know the cutty has pretty good sightlines without looking at your rio's ugly mug

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's aggravating. They be all like "These ships are modular so maybe you'll be able to do that. Mahybe not." So I be all like "Well I better buy them both just in case." Then they be all like "Hell yeah, let's build a new office and hire some interns to fetch us stuff because these stupid motherf*@kers keep buying these .jpgs!" And I be all like "Hmm. What do I want to get next?" Why am I so goddamn attracted to these shiny things? Whoever is in charge of marketing this bulls#@t deserves a fat raise from CR and a kick in the d#!k from everyone else.

#ShipsAnonymous #FirstWorldProblems #NewCuttyFanClub
I see we deal with the same shiny JPEG demons. Shall we drink?

Reactions: Sportsvee
Forgot your password?