The Origin 400i

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I took the 400i as an upgrade to the DUR. It has better shields (1 x S3), better speed (185 SCM, 1250 MAX), better radars (3xS2), larger cargo grid (42SCU) and slightly better armament (6xS3, or 2 x S4 and 4 x S3). It is not, as they claimed, a competitor to the Connie. Unless you are going by ship length alone.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I took the 400i as an upgrade to the DUR. It has better shields (1 x S3), better speed (185 SCM, 1250 MAX), better radars (3xS2), larger cargo grid (42SCU) and slightly better armament (6xS3, or 2 x S4 and 4 x S3). It is not, as they claimed, a competitor to the Connie. Unless you are going by ship length alone.
Ship size-wise it is the competitor to the Connie vs the much smaller Freelancer line of ships, which strikes me as weird that it's more compared to the much smaller freelancer ship.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Earlier today, I came across a video on YouTube where the person argues that instead of comparing the 400i to any of the Connies, it should be more compared to another ship. Here's the vid in case anybody would like to see. TBH, I think he makes a few valid points.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Earlier today, I came across a video on YouTube where the person argues that instead of comparing the 400i to any of the Connies, it should be more compared to another ship. Here's the vid in case anybody would like to see. TBH, I think he makes a few valid points.

He does make a few good points, but given his historic bias against anything Origin and for anything Drake, worth taking with a grain or two of salt. I usually enjoy Minion's thought process, but this is an area where he falls on his face occasionally. He does here when trying to equivocate the 400i to the Cutlass.

I was hoping that the 400i would be a genuine competitor to the Freelancer DUR. As it turns out, it's not. There are two key areas that mark it as competition to the Aquila and Corsair.

The first is maneuverability. The Freelancers have much better agility across the board, and can legitimately dogfight (painful tho that might be). 400i, Aquila, Connie are considerably less agile.
The second is a dedicated scanning station. The DUR does not have this while the others do.

A third area I'd like to include would be signature.. prior to 3.15 PTU patch, the 'lancers were quiet.. deadly quiet. Now, I dunno wtf is going on as the values shift from patch to patch. So waiting to see on this one.

The DUR still appears to be a legitimately soloable ship. The 400i somewhat less so (better with crew or blades). The Aquila with no top turret has a serious defensive gap that it needs the P-52 to cover. The Corsair is not in game yet, but if it handles like a Connie (probably) it'll need gunners to survive as well.

IMO, the 400i doesn't compete with any of these ships, or even the MSR. It provides a ship with a unique combination of attributes that has long been asked for, wrapped in a weird looking package.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Serious question: can you fit a ROC inside the cargo bay? Not the front bay, the rear cargo bay.
Since today PTU patch, the 400i can now fit a ROC.

They increased the ramp and the hangar size a bit.

Adjusted the 400i landed height, ramp, and lift animations to support larger vehicles in the lift

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The 400i kinda sorta resembles a tick or bole weevil, having a broad body with a long snout that points downward.

Its too bad then that the 400i's snout isn't set up as a fuel extraction feature.
You can keep that thing away from my Starfarer tanks!

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Apparently the 400i can now fit a Greycat ROC on the ramp and in its cargo bay!

Star Citizen Alpha 3.15.0m PTU.7822079 Patch Notes:
Origin 400i Polish Pass - Increased the capacitor pool on the 400i. Swapped the buttons for door and ramp on the interior so that ramp is on the bottom. Adjusted the 400i landed height, ramp, and lift animations to support larger vehicles in the lift.

Greycat ROC CONFIRMED fit in Origin 400i (Star Citizen 3.15) - YouTube

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
So what are people finding the EM runs at with and without stealth gear?
EDIT: PTU 7822709

I think the medium components must be in the middle of a balance pass on PTU. There was no measurable difference in this ship. Neither of Erkul's calculators match these numbers.

Stock except for Hemera QTD:
EM 11649
IR 11150

With Nightfall coolers and Eclipse reactors:
EM 11646
IR 11100

Each fit was run for about 20 minutes while I was afk. IR possibly would have dropped slightly lower with more time, but I have not yet seen it dip below 11000 in any of my game sessions.
EM fluctuates with Thruster usage now, even when stationkeeping. So finding an absolute level may not be practical.

It seemed like the stealth components dropped their levels faster, but again, that's just an impression while doing the 'afk glance at screen'.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm not surprised. The numbers in erkul are so broken I don't understand how CIG expects us the fly the ships. It certainly does appear the 400 was intended to have a very low IR, just from the presence of the third cooler, and it does appear 1 Eclipse running is enough to power the ship, but the numbers are all wonky.

Have you been able to get a soft mesurement of the rotation rates? Are they closer to the Lancer or the Connie?

Forgot your password?