The Roadmap

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Thanks for that, I was looking for the bmm and Orion. Negative to both. I am liking that there are more ships being launched then concepts in the same period.
They said the BMM has been once again been put on the self. As for the Orion no clue if they are working on it or not but I expect it to get some love given them starting to flush out mining.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Sweet, I've got a Hurricane.

I'm looking forward to the Polaris. Don't own one, but I will one day. Pretty disappointed it's not on the roadmap, but I heard that it's supposed to go into production after the 600i comes out, so after 3.2.
That would be great news. Still excited to have my ship list grow with the Hurricane, Eclipse and 600. Now if only the also stabilized the game servers a little it would be making star citizen great again.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For some reason, I get the feeling that you might like it if the size of the snub bay would happen to grow large enough to neatly fit a Prowler. ;p
I'd be thrilled with that, as well as the bay for the Polaris, but I doubt that will happen. At this point, if these smaller hangars would fit everything up to a Vanguard, I think they'd certainly be much more useful.

I know the original design for the Carrack was for the snub fighter only, but IMHO; no one in their right mind would portion off so much resource as is necessary to support a hangar, and make that hangar only able to fit a couple different craft. It just makes no sense, and the notion of deliberately gimping certain ship functions is suspect to me. If you were a ship manufacturer, would you build a hangar that could not fit a Hornet? I know I wouldn't. We're talking about just a couple meters here and there and suddenly the Carrack owner gets their choice as to what to carry. Designing dedicated craft for such small hangars seems to me counter-productive in a host of ways.

It should be a HUGE advantage to have even a small hangar. Limiting that advantage so severely as was planned for the Carrack seems to me most ill advised. If anything, the Carrack ought to offer dedicated modules to enhance support of craft like the Reliant Sen, since small fleets of Sen flying off the Carrack makes great sense.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I agree & feel that I would want the small hanger to be able to reasonably fit a Terrapin or a Cutlass Red (whichever is larger) to be able to better perform the duties of the Carrack & its fleet.

A Terrapin could launch from the bay of the Carrack outside of a jump point that is too small for the Carrack to navigate & document where it goes as well as what is on the other side before returning.

A Cutlass Red would be able to take somebody in severe condition from the Carrack's medical bay to a near by Endeavor Hope to get more extensive treatment.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yes well, more time means more guilt and reason to pander to the Carrack owners by making that hangar bay a little bigger. Every little bit counts.
Haha, true story. And I concur: whatever ship ends up fitting in that hangar (or whatever ship comes native to it) should at least have a jump drive, so as to be able to scout through jump points that are too small for the Carrack herself.

Forgot your password?