The TEST communication gap

Will you text and forum chatters donate your time to help save those who can't save themselves?

• Total voters

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Hello, I am GrammarGestapo, pro chat necromancer from the days of yore. I have been here every day for over three years, and for nearly as long I have noted a disturbing difference between those who chat in voice, those who type in text chat, and to a lesser degree those who haunt the forums. There is a clear division between the TESTs. Formerly, it was physical as well as ideological. Mumble and team speak were kept totally separate from the IRC RSI chat, Discord did not yet exist, and for over a year after I'd been here there were still some members who were unaware we even had test squadron forums. Today I posit that the early separation of these two, some would say three, sections of TEST has resulted in potentially damaging effects on the unity of TEST.

In order to address this issue, I call on those who limit themselves to the forums to unite with those who live in the text chat. We are not so different, our worlds consist of text on a scrolling page, replete with memes and autism. The filthy voicers cannot stand against the two of us. United, we should storm the voice chat, retake the holy land, and convert or oust those who will not conform to the superior TEST culture!

Now, some of you voicers may happen upon this article on one of your rare trips to the forums. To you I say, all is not lost! As the shepherd leaves his flock to find the one sheep that wanders astray, so will forum and text chat users come to rescue you. However, being a voicer, unused to the more civilized forms of communication, you may ask yourself "just what is wrong with me?". Well, I'll lay it out here.

I have seen many people banned from TEST over the years. However, the bans have not been proportionate. While there have certainly been people in text chat and forums who were banned, and justly so, the vast majority of undesirables have come from the voice chat pool. I will not name names, what is done is done and these banned individuals have cut their ties with TEST. But rest assured I do not exaggerate when I say the number of voicers banned vs text chat members is at least five to one. What's more, the voicers banned usually spent very little time in text chat. The most we would see of them would be occasional links to strange things in gen chat, or text replies to others in voice that flagrantly interrupted ongoing text conversations with no context or apology. This suggests to me that there is something about sitting in voice, doing your own thing and only occasionally shouting out into the darkness in the hopes of conversation. This something tends to breed aggressive, unruly and rude individuals with no taste for the finer things in life or respect for others.

Now that we have examined just what is wrong, let me explain how I propose text and forum posters to fix it. We must inundate voice chat with the strength of our voices. Provide an example to voicers both new and old, and guide them to the light in the only way they seem to understand. For you voicers who I have convinced of your iniquity, I suggest to you that you spend more time interacting with those helpful folks on the TEST forums and discord chats. They will help you become what you were always meant to be, and shed away the sins of your former life.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Is this a shit-post?
I realize printimus that you have not met many of the voicers, but rest assured my concerns are real and the danger present. We must help them.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I come to toy a humble voice user, estranged as a stranger in a strange land. My story is a simple one...
Once many years ago my brother the @Blind Owl said "Join The Star Citizen community and TEST SQUADRON and I'll buy you a beer. Hopefully you'll never again LEAVE the basement and my wife will have the couch so as to nurse my young."
He then gave me the gateway drug of a computer with fat internet and a microphone. I quickly made friends with raunchy Australians and weird autistic people of the great Discord in the sky. Almost all of them had been banned by the time I left for basic training.
Then I discovered the Don't like my thread Campaign and the ether of the great forums. Thus my dignity was saved as I found that I was able to edit out my words before posting....

My suggestion is that every member be forced to live in @Blind Owl,s basement and drink his beer.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well I say I do all of the version but as I see fit when I have time, some time as now summer time I am just happy with staying on forum and catch up when I go the time, When I am more active playing SC, I am usually more active in Discord both chat and voice...
So I guess, I can call myself a ambiTESTious, multicultural, multi version communication TESTie, how extraordinary this make me feel. Woohoo!
Think I am fairly civilized too, I do avoid crashing in to others as often I can...:thinking: :upside_down::smirk:

And I do love beer
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I come to toy a humble voice user, estranged as a stranger in a strange land. My story is a simple one...
Once many years ago my brother the @Blind Owl said "Join The Star Citizen community and TEST SQUADRON and I'll buy you a beer. Hopefully you'll never again LEAVE the basement and my wife will have the couch so as to nurse my young."
He then gave me the gateway drug of a computer with fat internet and a microphone. I quickly made friends with raunchy Australians and weird autistic people of the great Discord in the sky. Almost all of them had been banned by the time I left for basic training.
Then I discovered the Don't like my thread Campaign and the ether of the great forums. Thus my dignity was saved as I found that I was able to edit out my words before posting....

My suggestion is that every member be forced to live in @Blind Owl,s basement and drink his beer.
We must summon the @Blind Owl with Beer

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers: this looks like Beer Code! 00001110....... or code in beers!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm dying to see what your brother thinks of this brilliant idea
14000 members x 300/month rent...
Yup, that'll pay off the mortgage.
Come on over TESTies.

I'm too sober and tired to come up with a proper witty response from ATM, lol. I'm sorry.
We must summon the @Blind Owl with Beer
Holy shit. 50ish notifications. I've been gone a day. How much summoning are you people doing? Haha.

Forgot your password?