THE TESTIE TIMES 2.0 (LOOKING FOR NEW PEOPLE)

CaptainArchmage

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2016
RSI Handle
CaptainArchmage
I can do Journalism, General Writer, or Editor. Maybe all three, but I think Editor is a safe bet. Please specify which type of English is used (US English or otherwise).

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Professional curiosity: Is there that much difference between written US and UK English, outside of the whole "u" thing and some commonly used idioms from each side of the Atlantic? I mean in a purely technical sense; Obviously the two are interchangeable in informal usage, but the main thing difference that stands out to me when reading UK news articles is essentially local references and slang that doesn't immediately have context value to me as an American, simply because I'm not from the UK.

(Side note: is it still the UK? I am terribly confused by the whole brexit thing.)

Reactions: Beerjerker

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Professional curiosity: Is there that much difference between written US and UK English, outside of the whole "u" thing and some commonly used idioms from each side of the Atlantic? I mean in a purely technical sense; Obviously the two are interchangeable in informal usage, but the main thing difference that stands out to me when reading UK news articles is essentially local references and slang that doesn't immediately have context value to me as an American, simply because I'm not from the UK.

(Side note: is it still the UK? I am terribly confused by the whole brexit thing.)
Maybe helpful to your question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences
Webster, for better or worse, was trying to make spelling easier more efficient with the Americanized spellings when he started publishing his dictionary. Original English spellings are more representative of the words' etymology (origins) in various languages.

UK is still UK. UK is leaving EU.

Reactions: Huegpaynis

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Thanks, but not terribly helpful int he long run; I'm a technical writer by trade, so I'm already aware of the spelling diferences. I was looking for information on what would most likely end up be grammatical differences in the writing structure.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Thanks, but not terribly helpful int he long run; I'm a technical writer by trade, so I'm already aware of the spelling diferences. I was looking for information on what would most likely end up be grammatical differences in the writing structure.
Maybe find this book? Kind of a go-to for English grammar, at least as a starter reference.
33514.jpg

But for specific grammatical differences between American and British English, I wouldn't know. You may need to write that book yourself.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Honestly, I was hoping captain archmage would come back and school me.
And while elements of style is a great primer, I find I get much more use out of format guides these days since I occasionally have to switch to APA or chicago style for school, and I've done most of my work to this point in MLA.

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
@Salt Lake (on phone not sure if @ worked)

What about yellow jackets propaganda here? Get the word out were training? On the next issue if this is still going on?

Stalinator

Admiral
Mar 19, 2015
RSI Handle
Stalinator
@Salt Lake (on phone not sure if @ worked)

What about yellow jackets propaganda here? Get the word out were training? On the next issue if this is still going on?
Yes it is still going on sadly any "yellow jackets propaganda" will not make it into this months issue as it is currently in final review. But if you or anyone else wants to all submissions are reviewed for a chance in.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Yes it is still going on sadly any "yellow jackets propaganda" will not make it into this months issue as it is currently in final review. But if you or anyone else wants to all submissions are reviewed for a chance in.
I would love to get Yellow jackets a page or 2 in the TESTIE times like an advertisement to join...

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Maybe I can grab some photos from training nights?

Another thing would be to show how to get there as it's hard to find the other divisions within forums just now that would also help all divisions

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
So i have the go head on this from the great leader. @RussianJ and I are trying to restart the Testie Times if you are interested in a position specified below contact me Via discord or here on the forms. Any questions please put them below. If you worked on the Testie Times before you are welcome to come back.

Propaganda artist : this Job is for people who are good with Photoshop and can make good high quality propaganda they must make AT LEAST 1 photo a month.
1) Propaganda artist : @AwesomeDude
2) Propaganda artist : @EpilepticCricket
3) Propaganda artist : Position vacant

MEME Maker : this job is to make Test squadron memes but also to educate the readers on the new EDGY memes. 1 MEME per month minimum but more is better if they er high quality stuff.
1) Meme maker : @mromutt
2) Meme maker : @ratfeast

Writers this is the back bone of the paper and without its just a much of photos. Content that we are looking for is Star citizen or Gaming related news. Writers will be able to write about what they want but will have to follow some basic rules like it has to be Star citizen or gaming related.
1) Ship News writer : @Jagarot
2) Ship News writer : Position vacant
3) Lore writer : @Renshnard
4) Lore writer : @Han Burgundy
5) Journalst : Position vacant
6) Journalst : Position vacant
7) General Writer : @Tortilla the Hun
8) General Writer : Position vacant
9) General Writer : Position vacant
10) General Writer : Position vacant

Editors : the job of this is to sort through the content we have and figure what will make it into the issue and want wont. We also will need people to proof read some of it so we know what to add so if your interested in that let us know.
1) Head Editor : @Stalinator
2) Editor : @supitza
3) Editor : @Murderer
4) Editor : Position vacant
5) Editor : Position vacant

*The Testie Times is property Test Squadron*
I've done a lot more than just memes, and I would appreciate being recognized for it.

Reactions: Han Burgundy

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I can contribute stuffs here and there, but can not in anyway shape or form commit to specific anything. Most likely I can only throw out random Memes like THIS:

Reactions: Sportsvee

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Are you writing real news or fake cnn news. I wont read it if you bought montoya out an write false news like hillary did during the election. You know how cnn lied to the world..

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
Make Testie Times great again !

I support this if it will include foxes
View attachment 5547
WE'll take any kind of animal!
JOIN TESTie Times and make new friends!

Join TESTie Times and meet women!

Join TESTie Times and see the world!

Join TESTie Times and meet interesting people!

Join TESTie Times, we have the best parties!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?