THE TESTIE TIMES 2.0 (LOOKING FOR NEW PEOPLE)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I hope there is a letters to the editor page.

"Dear Editor.
I am writing to comment on the grade of paper you are printing on. Its just not very good, its hardly pliable, much too big to fit in my bag and for some reason the print vanishes after about 15 minutes replaced by a whizzing star-field, and only reappears when i prod it. I look forward to your comments." Mr A.Aardvark.

"Dear Mr Aardvark,
Thank you for your comments, unfortunately The Testie Times is not printed on paper, we only publish on-line for view on a screen or mobi-glas. On this occasion i believe you are actually viewing on a computer screen and the screen-saver is activating obscuring your view. Regards, The Editor."

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Repeating this for visibility, I was writing for Zara's paper, but he seems to have vanished into a fine mist. I'd happily write for this reboot instead, I was writing a piloting tips column if that's helpful?
"Just the Tip" a hands on self help column.

Jokes aside, I think a tip column would be fantastic!

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
So i have the go head on this from the great leader. @RussianJ and I are trying to restart the Testie Times if you are interested in a position specified below contact me Via discord or here on the forms. Any questions please put them below. If you worked on the Testie Times before you are welcome to come back.

Propaganda artist : this Job is for people who are good with Photoshop and can make good high quality propaganda they must make AT LEAST 1 photo a month.
1) Propaganda artist : @AwesomeDude
2) Propaganda artist : @EpilepticCricket
3) Propaganda artist : Position vacant

MEME Maker : this job is to make Test squadron memes but also to educate the readers on the new EDGY memes. 1 MEME per month minimum but more is better if they er high quality stuff.
1) Meme maker : @mromutt
2) Meme maker : @ratfeast

Writers this is the back bone of the paper and without its just a much of photos. Content that we are looking for is Star citizen or Gaming related news. Writers will be able to write about what they want but will have to follow some basic rules like it has to be Star citizen or gaming related.
1) Ship News writer : Position vacant
2) Ship News writer : Position vacant
3) Lore writer : @Renshnard
4) Lore writer : @Han Burgundy
5) General Writer : Position vacant
6) General Writer : Position vacant
7) General Writer : Position vacant
8) General Writer : Position vacant
9) General Writer : Position vacant
10) General Writer : Position vacant

Editors : the job of this is to sort through the content we have and figure what will make it into the issue and want wont. We also will need people to proof read some of it so we know what to add so if your interested in that let us know.
1) Head Editor : @Stalinator
2) Editor : @supitza
3) Editor : Position vacant

*The Testie Times is property Test Squadron*
Check your messages, I did some memes yesterday.

Last edited:

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
I'd be interested in general writing and editing. I do some creative writing on the side, so I'm no stranger to the English language. :P

Jagarot

Grand Admiral
Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Jagarot
I would be happy to help in a writer's position. Very enthusiastic about Star citizen, ever since backing I have been striving to gather as much information as possible. Right now I have full notes on every Ten for the chairman and Ten for the developers that has been Aired. and I am currently compiling information on the varius companies that make up the Verse.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Also, I can probably pitch in with the editing as far as assisting with creating an editorial calendar and content approval. I don't have as much time as I might like to take this thing to the next level, but I literally work for a magazine publisher so I'm familiar with a lot of what needs to be done lol.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
I'm interested in participating, but I can't commit to anything. Even that "at least one propaganda poster per month" scares me. Instead, if I could go more freelancer style and supply things as I have them IF you need them? I take LOTS of SC screenshots and would be more than happy to allow their use but I don't always have the time to turn them into actual posters.

I did just make a PSA poster this morning though and posted it on the SC subReddit:

Let me know if I can contribute randomly.

Stalinator

Admiral
Mar 19, 2015
RSI Handle
Stalinator
I'm interested in participating, but I can't commit to anything. Even that "at least one propaganda poster per month" scares me. Instead, if I could go more freelancer style and supply things as I have them IF you need them? I take LOTS of SC screenshots and would be more than happy to allow their use but I don't always have the time to turn them into actual posters.

I did just make a PSA poster this morning though and posted it on the SC subReddit:

can you send me a Imgur url pls

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast

Very cool, I think you've done your part!

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast

Good work as always!

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket

Jake Skyrunner

Commander
Jun 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Jake Skyrunner